2018 Move It Monday Challenge

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @themedalist How exciting!!! I didn’t know there was a Move it Monday organization! I’m definitely in, and I will help spread the word! Yea!!! 😊
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Leslie miles and morning yoga.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,776 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I met up with my sister at Curves for our usual Monday morning workout. It sounds kind of boring that I always say this, but hey old self, look at me having a routine exercise regimen! I also took a couple walks around the neighborhood - one while waiting for my sister to arrive, and one after to the bank and back. Then I locked my keys in my car - not a profitable exercise, but my dear sister drove me home.

I al
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    77tes you are inspiring me to want to be a person who exercises routinely, not sporadically when the right mood hits me. I would like to make that part of my identity. I’ll start today🙂. Thank you!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @77tes , @nebslp and @themedalist
    Thank you all! I needed to see this today. Very insightful and inspirational!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    I have some super exciting news to share with you about our Move it Monday challenge. Several months ago, I reached out to the Move It Monday organization and told them about our weekly Monday challenge. I’ve had several phone conversations since then with the Move it Monday program director. She has seen our challenge thread and is very impressed with the dedication of our group!

We’ve been seeking a way to collaborate and now have a terrific plan that’s in motion. Starting Monday, January 21, each of our weekly Move it Monday challenges through March will have a specific theme. Something that I’ve selected in advance in partnership with the MIM organization. My hope is that these challenges appeal to you and also to the greater MFP community. As we know, MFP has a lot of new folks joining in January. I’m hoping that our Monday challenges can inspire many of these folks to make exercise a regular habit. I will be reaching out to you for a quick assist in publishing this challenge to MFP in early January. We’ve seen how regular exercise improves our health and our lives. Let’s give a loving nudge to others and help them experience that same magical power of exercise and sitting less by starting the week with movement!

It all starts Jan 21st!

And a special shoutout to @texasgardnr, who first planted the seed of making Move it Monday regular weekly challenge! Thank you Mary!

As I mentioned earlier, we’re going to have a special 9 week Move it Monday challenge starting January 21st. I’m writing a blog post promoting the challenge that I’ll post on MFP in mid January. I’m hoping to get it trend and seen by as many people as possible. I’m convinced starting the week with exercise is one of the best habits we can have.

If you’ve been a regular participant in our Move it Monday challenge, has it helped you and if so, how has it helped you? I would really appreciate your input. I know that I tend to exercise more often the rest of the week when I start Monday with exercise. And regular exercise helps me make better food choices, sleep better, and deal with stress more effectively. What about you?

I want to promote the benefits of participating in Move it Monday, but I need it to reflect more than just my observations! If you’d like to comment here, great! And if you’d like to comment privately, just send me a message through MFP. Anonymous emails can be sent through my website’s comment form:

https://www.quittingthesitting.org/contact-us.html

I really appreciate your help and input on this! I’m getting excited about this challenge and the Move It Monday organization is fantastic to work with.

Thanks for your input!
  • themedalist
    Options
    20 minute HIIT on the treadmill this morning. Helllooo Monday!
  • 77tes
    Options
    I did my Monday workout at Curves, but then got a bad headache later in the day, so I missed my yoga for the first time since Sept 2nd.

I'll write up how great I feel Moving it on Mondays in a few days.
  • nebslp
    Options
    @77tes I’m sure you were disappointed when you had to miss your yoga. But you must also feel very happy about doing it about 85/86 or so days straight. That’s definitely an established habit now. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • 77tes
    edited November 2018
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »
    @77tes I’m sure you were disappointed when you had to miss your yoga. But you must also feel very happy about doing it about 85/86 or so days straight. That’s definitely an established habit now. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Yes, a little disappointed to be so close to 90 days straight, but still yoga is definitely a daily habit, and I'm pretty gratified by that. I also missed my French practice, but that was only a 19 day stretch.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I have some super exciting news to share with you about our Move it Monday challenge. Several months ago, I reached out to the Move It Monday organization and told them about our weekly Monday challenge. I’ve had several phone conversations since then with the Move it Monday program director. She has seen our challenge thread and is very impressed with the dedication of our group!

We’ve been seeking a way to collaborate and now have a terrific plan that’s in motion. Starting Monday, January 21, each of our weekly Move it Monday challenges through March will have a specific theme. Something that I’ve selected in advance in partnership with the MIM organization. My hope is that these challenges appeal to you and also to the greater MFP community. As we know, MFP has a lot of new folks joining in January. I’m hoping that our Monday challenges can inspire many of these folks to make exercise a regular habit. I will be reaching out to you for a quick assist in publishing this challenge to MFP in early January. We’ve seen how regular exercise improves our health and our lives. Let’s give a loving nudge to others and help them experience that same magical power of exercise and sitting less by starting the week with movement!

It all starts Jan 21st!

And a special shoutout to @texasgardnr, who first planted the seed of making Move it Monday regular weekly challenge! Thank you Mary!

Wow!! @themedalist, your post is super exciting indeed! I'm looking forward to seeing how the collaborated plan between the MIM organization and our MIM challenge thread here plays out. January sounds like the perfect month with the annual New Year influx of new members, as well as new "resolutions" being made among those who are already members.

Thank you for the special shoutout :blushing:, and you are most welcome! Having MIM continuing on over time has been an encouragement to me.

November 19: 5 miles, 5 Day Slim Down

November 26: 5 miles, 5 Day Ultimate Walk Plan, gazelle

texasgarenr :flowerforyou:
  • nebslp
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I’ve been dragging my feet on this one for whatever reason?? (I’ll have to think about that), but it’s time for me to take on the Move It Monday challenge, if not in December because we will be spending at least 2 Mondays in a car, then surely in January.
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »
    I’ve been dragging my feet on this one for whatever reason?? (I’ll have to think about that), but it’s time for me to take on the Move It Monday challenge, if not in December because we will be spending at least 2 Mondays in a car, then surely in January.

@nebslp, you can count any time that you and yours took a break while driving and walked around for a little while. Even some is better than none!

When my husband and I and my daughter in law's parents were driving up to see the new grand baby I had thankfully convinced my husband beforehand to take longer breaks than usual for all of us, especially because I've been telling him occasionally about the sit less move more things that I've been learning.

We purposely looked for rest areas and parks along the way, there and back. Other times that we made that trip we would make the usual fast stops for gas and food and start back driving quickly with the goal of getting there. This last time was the most pleasant and fun time I've had on a road trip with my husband. We made it fun for all of us. And healthier! Even our snack choices changed without even much prior planning! A wonderful side affect of moving more!

Enjoy your time with family for Christmas!!

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    3.65 mile walk and yoga this morning.
  • themedalist
    Options
    As I mentioned earlier, we’re going to have a special 9 week Move it Monday challenge starting January 21st. I’m writing a blog post promoting the challenge that I’ll post on MFP in mid January. I’m hoping to get it trend and seen by as many people as possible. I’m convinced starting the week with exercise is one of the best habits we can have.

If you’ve been a regular participant in our Move it Monday challenge, has it helped you and if so, how has it helped you? I would really appreciate your input. I know that I tend to exercise more often the rest of the week when I start Monday with exercise. And regular exercise helps me make better food choices, sleep better, and deal with stress more effectively. What about you?

I want to promote the benefits of participating in Move it Monday, but I need it to reflect more than just my observations! If you’d like to comment here, great! And if you’d like to comment privately, just send me a message through MFP. Anonymous emails can be sent through my website’s comment form:

https://www.quittingthesitting.org/contact-us.html

I really appreciate your help and input on this! I’m getting excited about this challenge and the Move It Monday organization is fantastic to work with.

Thanks for your input!
  • nebslp
    Options
    30 min Chalean Extreme disc 2 Burn circuit 1. It’s been almost a year since I’ve used this video. It felt good!
  • 77tes
    Options
    20+ minute walk, Curves workout, 10 minute HIIT finisher, 10 minutes stretch, 2 afternoon walks, and yoga is scheduled for tonight. Great day and a great start to the week.
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    December 3: 3 miles, Fast & Fun Miles, 2 Walk Blasters, 1 hour raking/ bagging leaves in yard

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    Dec 3
    1:01:56 Ex Bike HIIT (11 intervals)
    + 6500 steps