February 2018 Challenge!

Options

Replies

• NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    My Tanita scale told me I gained 0.6% of Body Fat this week ☹. Not sure what is going on there? Maybe I’m still in some stage of keto transition (only in week 5 on keto)? Expect to lose BF next week.
    4ItHm8.png

My body composition fluctuates a lot and sometimes the fat% jumps up for no reason but if you think about it the scale isn't showing that you've gained fat but rather that since you've lost a few lbs, the overall percentage at the moment is higher. Probably due to water weight loss (and hopefully NOT lean muscle loss). I only realized that after looking at my charts and seeing the actual lbs of fat going down even though the % doesn't move much at all.

Hovering at around 39% bf this week,
    Last week I was at 78.7lbs of body fat
    This week I am at 76.8lbs of body fat.

I don't really think the scales are 100% accurate anyway so it's better to use it to see trends.
  • mikethornton117
    mikethornton117 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How do you all feel cognitively? Any sharper, sluggish, alert, feel smarter..? I’ve heard people feel different in ketosis.
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Overall it was a good week. Although I was super busy & feeling tired I pushed myself to get in some exercise every day. Nothing crazy but I just wanted to be consistent. Here is my .5lb loss. I worked for that .5lb so I'm proud of it!

January 31st 198.1
    February 4th 195.3
    February 11th 194.8
    February 18th
    February 25th

@mikethornton117 I've not given cognition much thought. In general I've always felt sharp and alert. I can say that I find it easier to shut my brain off at night and just go to sleep which is something I had difficulty with even as a child.
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    February 1st: 239.0
    2/4: 242.8
    2/11: 237.2
    2/18
    2/25
    February 28:

I am going to have to be ok with losing a little slower this month, as I've started back at the gym and can feel I'm building muscle /retaining water in my muscles. I'm sore! But I'm okay if the scale doesn't move much for a few weeks. It's important for me to start looking at building some strength. I want to be able to do some serious hiking this summer :)

@NikkiJRM would you pls update my stats next time you're in the spreadsheet? Thx! :heart:
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options

[/quote}
    NikkiJRM: I don't really think the scales are 100% accurate anyway so it's better to use it to see trends.
    [/quote]

Amen to that! Here's a trend I do believe: I feel better than I have for years now that I'm on keto. I <3 eating fat.

• tamsketo123
    tamsketo123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @NikkiJRM sorry a bit late for check in but not able to open spread sheet.
    Sunday 02/04:200.6lbs
    Sunday 02/11:206.5lbs (fell off wagon and put weight on this week .was very strict today so hoping to loose next week)
    Sunday 02/18:
    Sunday 02/25:
  • serendipity513
    serendipity513 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    SW 1/1/18: 300lbs
    1/31: 282.4
    2/04: 282.9
    2/11: 280.0
    2/18
    2/25:

Lots of ups and downs on the scale this week but I'm glad to be ending the week on the lighter side. And I'm officially 20lbs down from my start weight! Now I just gotta do that 5 more times.
  • JoannaVenuto
    JoannaVenuto Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am SO in again! Round 2!
    Weight lost in January: 7.8lbs

Sunday 02/04: 241.6
    Sunday 02/11: 243.6
    Sunday 02/18:
    Sunday 02/25:

It's been really frustrating seeing the scale fluctuate up and down for weeks now...and mostly up.
    I am still on my TOM, going on week 5 now. I am bloated and feel awful. I have been keeping my carb intake low, I am limiting my keto-friendly drinks, I am doing OMAD, and yet here I am.

I do feel better in my clothes, my pyjama pants are a bit looser, and my wrist watch is loose. But my brain is playing bits: if the scale is going up then something is wrong.

I am scared to take my measurements because if they aren't shrinking then I might loose my marbles.

UGHHHHH!!!!

I need a nap. :(
  • JoannaVenuto
    Options
    The wins I am going to talk about is how great I feel. No more mean, insane and painful hunger pangs. I go all day without feeling hungry. The only indicator that I need to eat is that acetone taste in my mouth. I consistently went 20+ hours with nothing but 300cal coffee+HWC as a breakfast.
    I wake up full of energy. I sleep better.

I will take that as NSV and KCKO.
  • __Roxy__
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Keep going Joanna! I also had a 5-6 week cycle in my first 3 months of keto... you gotta hang on and stick it out. Keto is good for many things, including hormone balancing. Your body is healing!! Keep going. If you're sticking to your macros, the weight WILL come off.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Losing so much slower month two. I still have 56 lbs to go, but I'll keep plugging along. Loving this lifestyle!
  • pendennis
    pendennis Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    January 1: 266
    January 31: 249
    February Goal: 237

2/4: 246.5 -2.5lbs
    2/11: 246
    2/18:
    2/25:

Not much of a move and things have been "moving" slowly this week. Only today did it start to get better ;):p
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    01/31: 192.2
    02/04: 188.6
    02/11: 188
    02/18:
    02/25:

Not much of a loss here either. But I'll take it. A couple of days ago, I actually got down to 186.4 but then right back up. At least it seems I'm definitely below the 190s now.
  • FancySnakes
    FancySnakes Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just starting keto again for the first time since October in hopes to shed these last few pounds, super excited about the results so far :)

Start 02/09: 123.4
    Sunday 02/11: 120
    Sunday 02/18:
    Sunday 02/25:
  • JoannaVenuto
    Options
    Keep going Joanna! I also had a 5-6 week cycle in my first 3 months of keto... you gotta hang on and stick it out. Keto is good for many things, including hormone balancing. Your body is healing!! Keep going. If you're sticking to your macros, the weight WILL come off.

Thank you so much! I needed to hear that! Here's to a better week!
  • Lisbydezign
    Lisbydezign Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Not exactly sure how this happened. But I’ll take it!
    SW- 237.8
    Jan 31- 196.2
    2/4-194.8
    2/11-190.6
    2/18-
    2/25-
    2/28-
  • Sari_renee
    Sari_renee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Total FAIL this weekend. I did so good for 2 weeks, then 1 trip to a mexican restaurant and too many chips. Then proceeded to come home and eat cookies and cream ice cream...... scale said 171 sunday. So back up 3 pounds....????
    Back on the horse today though!!!! @NikkiJRM if you could please record 171 for this week
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Hi All, Well done sticking at it everyone. I'm away just now and not weighing but will be back at it next week when we get home. I doubt I've done anything but gain but at least I know I will go back to it once we are home from Italy. Currently feeling quite fat but just about to drink more wine and eat more food.......what can I say, I'm sort of enjoying myself..........!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    NikkiJRM wrote: »
    My Tanita scale told me I gained 0.6% of Body Fat this week ☹. Not sure what is going on there? Maybe I’m still in some stage of keto transition (only in week 5 on keto)? Expect to lose BF next week.
    4ItHm8.png

My body composition fluctuates a lot and sometimes the fat% jumps up for no reason but if you think about it the scale isn't showing that you've gained fat but rather that since you've lost a few lbs, the overall percentage at the moment is higher. Probably due to water weight loss (and hopefully NOT lean muscle loss). I only realized that after looking at my charts and seeing the actual lbs of fat going down even though the % doesn't move much at all.

Hovering at around 39% bf this week,
    Last week I was at 78.7lbs of body fat
    This week I am at 76.8lbs of body fat.

I don't really think the scales are 100% accurate anyway so it's better to use it to see trends.

@NikkiJRM - for body impedance scales that show body fat percentage, it has more to do with hydration sometimes to show your body fat. Mine can fluctuate from 60% to 40% to not able to read, day to day. The 60% is threshold for a number, showing barely decently hydrated. The 40% is probably my max hydration showing a truer body fat number. The not able to read generally for me is dehydrated state.

That being said, if you're like me, and have a lot of leg muscle and fat, your readings can get skewed from that too, if it is a scale you step onto....
  • __Roxy__
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi All, Well done sticking at it everyone. I'm away just now and not weighing but will be back at it next week when we get home. I doubt I've done anything but gain but at least I know I will go back to it once we are home from Italy. Currently feeling quite fat but just about to drink more wine and eat more food.......what can I say, I'm sort of enjoying myself..........!!

Enjoy yourself!! Italy sounds so wonderful!!