• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    zichab wrote: »
    Goal 3.5/day or 98 miles for the month

2/1-WAH-Express 1 Mile Walking Workout-1 Mile total
    2/1-Vivofit tracked 3.7 miles=4.7 miles total
    2/2-Vivofit tracked 3.5 miles (whew :sweat_smile:)=8.2 miles total
    2/3-WAH-4 Mile Power Walk- 2 miles (not ready for 4 yet! :noway: )=10.2 miles total

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:

Look at you GO! :)
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I just joined this wonderful group. I love to walk (you probably guessed that from my profile pic) and my favorite walk is outdoors in my woods. But since I live in New Hampshire and my woods are snow and ice covered at the moment, my treadmill gets a daily workout. Over the last few years, I've shifted to doing lots of things on my treadmill that I used to do sitting down. I read Kindle books on my treadmill, keep up with my MFP friends, respond to emails, and write quite a lot while walking very slowly on my treadmill, using the handy "talk to text" feature on my iphone. Now, if I could just figure out how to clean my house while I walk on my treadmill! :)

I haven't set a monthly goal for myself for February yet. I want it to be challenging, but not exceedingly difficult to reach.

Good luck to Everyone and @texasgardnr, thanks for the very warm welcome!

Welcome themedalist!

Oh yes, if you can figure out how to clean house while on the treadmill, I will run out and buy one asap. :D

Walk Happy!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    4 miles so far.
    2 miles of HIIT walk with Jessica Smith
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Welcome themedalist! Glad to have you here.

8/80
    2 Mile Walk This Way
    1 Mile Walk in Home
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    2 miles today with the walk into the new year on youtube
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Getting a late start, but here's my goal:
    Exercise at least 20 minutes a day, 7 days a week. I'd like to do Leslie Sansone at least 3 of those days and post here, daily.
    Linda (Elbee1)

• zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options

2/3-WAH-4 Mile Power Walk- 2 miles (not ready for 4 yet! :noway: )=10.2 miles total
    2/3-Vivofit tracked 2.2 miles=12.4 miles total
    2/4-WAH-Burn Body Fat 2 miles=14.4 miles total

Ann I am "going for now" and hoping this burst of motivation lasts!" :laugh:

Welcome medalist! Love your Challenges and the Overcoming Procrastination Challenge is largely what got me to get back to walking NOW after a 2 month lapse! :laugh: I am an academic and I swear we are the most extreme procrastinators in the world, yet we preach "anti-procrastination" to our students constantly! :expressionless: I am working on this, 15 minutes at a time! :blush:

Thanks for the welcome back Pinky! I have missed this group!

Welcome to all the new walkers! It is nice to come back and see so many new faces!

• PinkyPan1
    Options
    11/80

3 Mile Burn Body Fat
  • AnnofB
    Options
    8 miles as of 2/4/18
    The 4 Mile Super Challenge
  • Elbee1
    Options
    here's my goal:
    Exercise at least 20 minutes a day, 7 days a week. I'd like to do Leslie Sansone at least 3 of those days and post here, daily.
    2/4 Leslie Sansone Burn 30, Did back exercises including 40 crunches & planks, did push-ups, did triceps dips. Ended up the day with over 10,000 steps on my fitbit.
    Linda (Elbee1)
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options

Welcome medalist! Love your Challenges and the Overcoming Procrastination Challenge is largely what got me to get back to walking NOW after a 2 month lapse! :laugh: I am an academic and I swear we are the most extreme procrastinators in the world, yet we preach "anti-procrastination" to our students constantly! :expressionless: I am working on this, 15 minutes at a time! :blush:

Thank you @zichab for letting me know. Procrastination is a terrible, insidious problem. And I love that you’re tackling it in 15 minute increments! That’s the way to make lasting, personal change!

25 minute treadmill session this morning, another 25 minutes reading my book this evening.

• PinkyPan1
    Options
    14/80

Walk Strong 3 Mile
  • AnnofB
    Options
    11 miles
    3 miles of Jessica Smith's 6 Mile Mix.
  • AnnofB
    Options

2/3-WAH-4 Mile Power Walk- 2 miles (not ready for 4 yet! )=10.2 miles total
    2/3-Vivofit tracked 2.2 miles=12.4 miles total
    2/4-WAH-Burn Body Fat 2 miles=14.4 miles total
    2/4-Vivofit tracked 4.6=19.0 miles total
    2/5-WAP Ultimate Collection-2 Mile Brisk Walk=2 miles=21.0 total miles

Looks like that burst of energy IS going to last. Awesome walking!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    WOW y'all!! I finally get a chance to come back in and catch up on posting and check out how the month is going, and we are already on page two!! AWESOME!

Our group is rocking and rolling with some walking tossed in there for good measures B) . Oh, that's right, we are the walking group! LOTS of walking with perhaps some rocking' and rolling' going on :laugh:. All that to say I was grinning ear to ear reading all the many posts! It was so much fun "meeting" new walkers and seeing many coming back again also. This is always so much fun to see month after month! I never take it for granted. You all are such blessings, as well as an encouragement, to me month by month. Thank you <3 .

@zichab, I was soooo happy to read that your mileage wasn't that far off between the previous two years. That had to be especially encouraging to you considering what a difficult time you went through with all the unknowns and everything that was happen health wise to you through the end of last summer on into autumn with your health issues. Great goal for this month! And I must say that you do have a lot going on in your world. And decluttering at the same time!! Yay for you!

As I scroll down to write this post I see that you are back to walking strong!! Well done!

@sdohe1769, Welcome! Great goal! No goal is ever too 'small'. You go girl! We are happy that you are here!

@Frankie_Fan, Welcome! As @PinkyPan1 wrote: you make your own goal!
    No goal is too little or too big. It is what is good for you this month, and encourages, or challenges, you to continue on towards your ultimate goal of being as healthy as possible. Yes, YouTube is an option also. I often forget about looking there for some additional variety as well as other instructers. I like your goal for this month!! That will be cool to have your mother in law be able to join in with you. I would love it if my dear mother in law lived close enough to have that ever be a possibility.

@PinkyPan1, It is always good to see you here every month. Awesome goal, indeed! Maybe it will warm up soon for golfing again B) . Great mileage and DVD choices so far!

Welcome @blondie__0x, Walk it Off in 30 Days is a nice DVD to have. Hope that you enjoy it. And congratulations on your upcoming wedding <3 ! That is something special to look forward to!

@AnnofB A goal to walk 5 days a week is an awesome goal!. This month I've been recently thinking on that line myself. So, this month I've been paying more attention to how often, as well as how long or how much I am walking/ exercising. I can lose track of being consistent when I do extra or some better walking/ exercise one day. Because for me it can easily become like: well, I accomplished that and I have a busy day tomorrow, or today is already starting out rough... so I let it slide because of that past accomplishment having been achieved already. And then it becomes too easy for me to slide the next day after also.... and....

I definitely like your focus on the consistency aspect. That can free me up to make how much fit into what is going on in my life that particular day, and still focus on being more consistent. And be content or pleased with what I do each day. Thanks for helping me get some more clarity on what I have been already pondering!

Way to go Ann with the Super Challenge!! One of our favorites indeed! The closer I get to 70 it seems that Alton may become more of a potential roll model to me, after finally accomplishing The Super Challenge (again) last week. Carol was the one I kept as an example for me that I can do this even as I get older and older. Shhhh, I didn't actually just write this, did I :noway: .

@debbieled12, Welcome! I really like your excellent goal of walking and strength training with Leslie! Keep coming back and sharing what you do o:) .

@themedalist, You sure do accomplish a lot while on the treadmill! Yes, I'm in line also if you can figure out how to clean house while walking on the treadmill :noway: . Leslie sometimes jokes around about having a messy house and undone laundry but still getting a walk in for our health, and also about moving the furniture around to make space to walk indoors.

I love that there are already walkers here in this group that belong to your A Challenge a Day group! (Actually now it is a super awesome weekly challenge that you teach us about, if anyone was wondering). Often what I learn there spills over into this for me. I am very happy that you are walking with us!!

I really like that you can read while on the treadmill! That would entice me more than cleaning the house while on the treadmill any day :smiley: !

@Elbee1 , Awesome goal!! Glad that you are here now. Never too late ;) . I like your plan you have worked out. That was an impressive lineup of back exercises! Excellent!

Ok, I shall post my mileage for February so far after I feed my DH. Now that he is doing so much better I'm planning to be back here more regularly again. It has been difficult getting to do what I want/like to do during this time. Lately my DH has taken my suggestion and has started walking in the mornings since his vision returned, while he has been home while recovering. He gets plenty of exercise when he works (construction) so he has been happy to finally be able to get outside and do something. We took a walk together today! That was nice.

Looks like this has started out as a Walk Strong kind of month already! Yay!!

:flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    February 1st: 2 miles - Debbie Rocker 2 Miles A.M. Walking
    February 2nd: 3 miles - Miracle Miles 3 Miles
    February 3rd: 2 miles - Debbie Rocker 2 Miles Quick Start Walking & Walk Blasters Flexibility Walk
    February 4th: 2 miles - 5 Day Slim Down
    February 5: 4 miles - 4 Mile Power Walk w 6 HIIT segments included, 25minutes outdoor walk

Walk Happy!
  • Elbee1
    Options
    @texasgardnr Thank you! I'm glad your husband is better.

here's my goal:

2/4 Leslie Sansone Burn 30, Did back exercises including 40 crunches & planks, did push-ups, did triceps dips. Ended up the day with over 10,000 steps on my fitbit.
    2/5 Leslie Sansone Firm 30. Not a lot of walking...
    Linda (Elbee1)

• PinkyPan1
    Options
    17/80
    WAP
    1 MIle Get Started
    2 Mile Heart Healthy
  • AnnofB
    Options

@AnnofB A goal to walk 5 days a week is an awesome goal!. This month I've been recently thinking on that line myself. So, this month I've been paying more attention to how often, as well as how long or how much I am walking/ exercising. I can lose track of being consistent when I do extra or some better walking/ exercise one day. Because for me it can easily become like: well, I accomplished that and I have a busy day tomorrow, or today is already starting out rough... so I let it slide because of that past accomplishment having been achieved already. And then it becomes too easy for me to slide the next day after also.... and....

I definitely like your focus on the consistency aspect. That can free me up to make how much fit into what is going on in my life that particular day, and still focus on being more consistent. And be content or pleased with what I do each day. Thanks for helping me get some more clarity on what I have been already pondering!

Way to go Ann with the Super Challenge!! One of our favorites indeed! The closer I get to 70 it seems that Alton may become more of a potential roll model to me, after finally accomplishing The Super Challenge (again) last week. Carol was the one I kept as an example for me that I can do this even as I get older and older. Shhhh, I didn't actually just write this, did I :noway: .

Ok, I shall post my mileage for February so far after I feed my DH. Now that he is doing so much better I'm planning to be back here more regularly again. It has been difficult getting to do what I want/like to do during this time. Lately my DH has taken my suggestion and has started walking in the mornings since his vision returned, while he has been home while recovering. He gets plenty of exercise when he works (construction) so he has been happy to finally be able to get outside and do something. We took a walk together today! That was nice.

Hi Mary!
    We have to do what we can to combat our fuzzy math thoughts on working out! Ha-ha.

Carol and Alton - AWESOME! What can you say about a 70 year old not breaking a sweat while doing The 4 Mile Super Challenge? And Carol never misses a beat. I just wonder how they are doing now. Probably leading their own workouts.

Glad your DH is on the mend. Isn't great when you can walk with your DH?
    :)