edited February 2018
    Options
    Walked 5 days out of 6
    Miles walked 13
    Todays walk: 2 miles of 5 Boosted Miles
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    February 6: 40 minutes - 4 Walk Blasters, Light Walk. Interval Walk x2, Flexibility Walk.

Walk strong!
    :flowerforyou:
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    Walked 5 days out of 6
    Miles walked 13
    Todays walk: 2 miles of 5 Boosted Miles

Added another mile this evening. Mile 1 of the 5 Day Slim Down.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    20/80
    2 Mile Walk This Way
    1 Mile Happy Walk
  • blondie__0x
    blondie__0x Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Tried out the "firm" portion of the walk it off in 30 dvd and was pleasantly surprised. The few DVDs I have where weights are used (or usually bands), in my opinion, don't use them enough, but I was happy to see the portion was dedicated to weights.

Yesterday I went to the gym with a friend of mine for the last day of my free pass. I got in at least three miles. Monday was an unintentionally rest day; I had a doctor's appointment because my foot has been bothering me. Unfortunately, my doctor said its either plantars or a spur. So trying to work around that has been tough. Sunday though was 3 miles with Leslie's Pilates infused walk!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Tried out the "firm" portion of the walk it off in 30 dvd and was pleasantly surprised. The few DVDs I have where weights are used (or usually bands), in my opinion, don't use them enough, but I was happy to see the portion was dedicated to weights.

Yesterday I went to the gym with a friend of mine for the last day of my free pass. I got in at least three miles. Monday was an unintentionally rest day; I had a doctor's appointment because my foot has been bothering me. Unfortunately, my doctor said its either plantars or a spur. So trying to work around that has been tough. Sunday though was 3 miles with Leslie's Pilates infused walk!

"Plantars or a spur..." Not good. My DH had plantar faciaitus about a year ago. It took a several months to heal. I hope that won't be the case for you.

Thanks for the info on those 2 Leslie workouts. Looking forward to seeing the one with Pilates, especially. (Years ago Leslie did a video called "You Can Do Pilates. I thought it was very good, just not long enough.) I use Kelley Coffee-Meyer dvd's for strength workouts. She's a good instructor. 30 Minutes to Fitness Strength and Stamina is my favorite of hers.

Let us know how the foot problem turns out.
    Have a good day,
    Ann
  • blondie__0x
    blondie__0x Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    AnnofB wrote: »

"Plantars or a spur..." Not good. My DH had plantar faciaitus about a year ago. It took a several months to heal. I hope that won't be the case for you.

Thanks for the info on those 2 Leslie workouts. Looking forward to seeing the one with Pilates, especially. (Years ago Leslie did a video called "You Can Do Pilates. I thought it was very good, just not long enough.) I use Kelley Coffee-Meyer dvd's for strength workouts. She's a good instructor. 30 Minutes to Fitness Strength and Stamina is my favorite of hers.

Let us know how the foot problem turns out.
    Have a good day,
    Ann

Thanks! My doctor did tell me it could take up to a year for the pain to go away (not too excited about that). I think I have her "You Can Do Pilates" video... I'd have to check, I know I had either bought that one or the yoga, but agreed, it wasn't long enough in my opinion.

I have been using JessicaSmithTV for strength training, but what I appreciated about this Leslie one was that the movements weren't as "fast paced" so I could use my heavier weights without worrying about moving too quickly and straining a muscle.
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    @PinkyPan1, it's been good seeing that you are able to do more miles. Well done. Of course spring must seem months away for you to get back out to the golf course. Then again in some areas it is months away :o .

@AnnofB, great miles and workouts! I yet to try the Boosted Miles DVD because I still need to watch the segment about how to add the boosting to the various steps before I do a mile or two. I just don't want to take that extra time to watch the teaching segment that early in the morning. I wanna walk instead :p . I need to plan to watch that during the day soon.

The Leslie's Pilate's walk that Blondie mentioned above is called "3 Mile Slim & Sleek Walk". It is an older one (copyright 2009 on the disk) so perhaps your library has it to check it out. That was how I discovered it, and I did like it a lot. I can not remember where I actually bought it from a number of years ago. Probably eBay most likely. I like that she talks about Pilates principles, posture, and other things that have been helpful to me to be reminded of occasionally. There are some Pilates moves incorporated into the walk also. I am happy to have it in my rotation. Leslie is by herself in this one.

@blondie__0x, oh my, I also hope that it is not planters that is bothering your foot. I had a friend that had that at one time. Spurs don't sound very pleasant either. Feel better soon, and I hope that you get some real answers soon, and that you get better quickly! Yay that you had the opportunity to use a free gym pass for several days!

Earlier his morning I also did the weight portion of the Firm 30 walk. I also like both the burn and firm workouts on that DVD.

February 7: 2 miles - Burn 30, 20 minutes of Firm 30, 2 Walk Blasters: Light Walk & Flexibility Walk.

Walk Happy :smiley:

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    I was "writing" a particularly long email while walking on my treadmill as I'm home from work today due to snow. I lost track of time. 60 minutes and 6000 steps. Woohoo!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I am so impressed with the dedicated walking of this group! Like many of you, I'm sure, I have a permanent indentation on my forehead from banging my head on the wall for all the times I've been asked, "But is walking REALLY exercise?"

Our brains sure think so:

zs58da38fik8.jpg
  • AnnofB
    Options
    I was "writing" a particularly long email while walking on my treadmill as I'm home from work today due to snow. I lost track of time. 60 minutes and 6000 steps. Woohoo!

That's great! Good on ya!

Love the Brain photo.
  • AnnofB
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Mary,

Thanks for the tip about Slim and Sleek. I bet I can find it somewhere.

The boosting is a piece of cake. It's mainly jogging in place or jogging 4 steps up and back. I think there are some kicks that you get up on the balls of your feet to do, but of course you don't have to boost at all, the pace is quick. It's intervals, so the boosting doesn't last very long.
    HTH
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    2 Miles with Leslie on YouTube and a Walking HIIT video with Jessica Smith yesterday.

Today is the 1st day of a 7-day challenge from my Apple Watch. 30 min each day from Feb 8-14th and You end up with a little Heart achievement icon.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    AnnofB wrote: »
    [quote="blondie__0x;

I have been using JessicaSmithTV for strength training, but what I appreciated about this Leslie one was that the movements weren't as "fast paced" so I could use my heavier weights without worrying about moving too quickly and straining a muscle.

That's a good point about the heavier weights and not straining a muscle.
  • AnnofB
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Goal: Some form of walking at least 5 days a week.

2/8/2018 Cardio Core walk with Jessica Smith from Walk On and later today did Jog and Jive and Pumped Up Pace from her 5 Mix and Match Miles
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    @themedalist, I always enjoy looking at, and reading about brain scans. Our brain is so very incredible!

@Deeder522, very nice walks!

@blondie__0x, I also like to add the soft hand weights to some of my walks. You are doing great with your Burn & Firm plan!

@AnnofB, your workouts sounded really strong! Awesome!

February 7: 3 miles - 3 Mile Slim & Sleek Walk (Pilates inspired).

Walk... Walk... Walk

• AnnofB
    Options
    Thanks, Mary. :)
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,019 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Went to the YMCA with the hubby. We swam while I hit the Arc cross trainer. Another 30+ done for the day.

Who’s watching the Olympics? Favorite sport?
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Goal: Some form of walking at least 5 days a week.
    Week 2
    2/8/2018 Cardio Core walk with Jessica Smith from Walk On and later today did Jog and Jive and Pumped Up Pace from her 5 Mix and Match Miles
    2/9/2018 The 4 Mile Super Challenge... miles 1 and 2