Options
    23/80

Walk 15 With Leslie
    Walk 15 with Nick...twice
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Deeder522 wrote: »
    Went to the YMCA with the hubby. We swam while I hit the Arc cross trainer. Another 30+ done for the day.

Who’s watching the Olympics? Favorite sport?

My favorite sport is the downhill skiing! What's yours?
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,027 Member
    Options
    here's my goal:
    Exercise at least 20 minutes a day, 7 days a week. I'd like to do Leslie Sansone at least 3 of those days and post here, daily.

2/4 Leslie Sansone Burn 30, Did back exercises including 40 crunches & planks, did push-ups, did triceps dips. Ended up the day with over 10,000 steps on my fitbit.
    2/5 Leslie Sansone Firm 30. Not a lot of walking...
    uh oh... skipped a few days..
    2/9 Walked 30 minutes.
    Linda (Elbee1)
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    @Deeder522, I do enjoy watching the Olympics. The winter Olympics is definitely the one I enjoy the most. My most favorite sport to watch would be a toss-up between ice skating and gymnastics. I can't choose :) . But I must say that I enjoy each of the winter sports that I am able to watch in different ways. I also have fond memories of my little ones skating around in sock feet while watching the ice skating, or tumbling about with the gymnasts.

February 9: 2 miles - P.M. Walking with Debbie Rocker & Mix & Match Walk Blasters: Flexibility Walk.

:flowerforyou:
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    So far so good. Getting back to working out can be difficult but Leslie makes it fun. I have been using her miracle Mile, burn and firm in 30 and tone every zone walking. I want to do 6 days a week but I average 5. Still feel great about that. Great job everyone.

Your doing great, Debbie. :)
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Elbee1 wrote: »
    here's my goal:
    Exercise at least 20 minutes a day, 7 days a week. I'd like to do Leslie Sansone at least 3 of those days and post here, daily.

2/4 Leslie Sansone Burn 30, Did back exercises including 40 crunches & planks, did push-ups, did triceps dips. Ended up the day with over 10,000 steps on my fitbit.
    2/9 Walked 30 minutes.
    Linda (Elbee1)

:) WTG Linda. Life has a way of changing our plans for us, sometimes, doens't it? But you're still walking!
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Running around the house today got me over 8,500 steps!

@PinkyPan1 & @texasgardnr : I'm watching ice dancing right now. I find the Biathlon so interesting. I'll be tuning in for Luge and bobsledding too. What I love about the Olympics is each time I find a new event that I end up watching. I do wish that the Winter games got as much coverage as the Summer ones.
  • AnnofB
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Good work Zichab. :)
  • AnnofB
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Goal: Some form of walking at least 5 days a week.
    Week 2
    2/8 Cardio Core walk with Jessica Smith from Walk On and later today did Jog and Jive and Pumped Up Pace from her 5 Mix and Match Miles
    2/9 The 4 Mile Super Challenge... miles 1 and 2
    2/10 Walk Off Fat Fast 20 minute workout and 21 minutes of yoga.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    @PinkyPan1, Nice walking with Leslie and then 2x with Nick!

@Elbee1 all of those back exercises, a lot of steps and firming.... Well done!

@debbieled12, you are getting back to walking with some really good workouts!

@zichab, you are definitely racking up that mileage! 4 days non stop snowing is way too much indeed! Even if it looks like a Christmas card outside ;) . That is awesome that your DH has been walking with Leslie also! And that his PT was impressed! Leslie certainly does both multi muscle and multi directional walking!

@Deeder522, 8,500 steps! WTG..... and go.... :) .
    yes, I really like discovering new events also. One year I learned about curling. That game fascinates me now when I can catch it. And snow boarding is amazing! I'm glad that it had made it into the Olympics.

@AnnofB, great combo workout!

February 10: 40 minutes - mall walking with stairs. I needed to go to the mall and pick up an online order, so I went early before the mall officially opened and joined in with the mall walkers.

It has been a busy walk and workout week y'all!

:flowerforyou:
  • Elbee1
    Options
    2/9 Walked 30 minutes. Ended up with over 10,000 steps.
    2/10 Leslie Sansone Burn 30. 10,000 steps.
    Linda (Elbee1)
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    zichab wrote: »
    Goal 3.5/day or 98 miles for the month

Medalist & Mary Interesting thing about that brain scan! My husband is currently undergoing physical therapy at the VA and his therapist mentioned that his legs were very strong for his age. My husband replied that this was because he had been following Leslie Sansone's walking program for the last 4 years. The therapist was not familiar with Leslie, so when Dennis was on one of the machines, he checked Leslie out on You Tube and he was impressed! He said that he cannot convince people how beneficial just a brief brisk walk can be for their overall health and memory and he LOVED Leslie's moves. He said she strengthens all muscle groups in the most painless way he has ever seen. He is going to prescribe her 15 minute walks for his resistant patients. I constantly hear that I should "start running" as few people respect the health benefits of walking. It is maddening, but now I have a Physical therapist's view and a brain scan to give them as evidence! :laugh:

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:

Yes, a picture is worth a thousand words, isn’t it? I’ve shared that image over an over again on my Quitting the Sitting Facebook and Twitter pages and it always has an imapact. One time, on Twitter, I got this immediate response: “Because some stranger just posted this on the internet, I’m going out for a walk!” That made my day!

More research is emerging that regular walking and other exercises may help us avoid cognitive decline and diseases like dementia and Alzheimer’s. Yes, genes have a role, but lifestyle choices have a big impact.

Yes, Walk Strong Everyone! You are doing great, @zichab!

• zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Goal 3.5/day or 98 miles for the month

2/1-WAH-Express 1 Mile Walking Workout-1 Mile total
    2/1-Vivofit tracked 3.7 miles=4.7 miles total
    2/2-Vivofit tracked 3.5 miles (whew :sweat_smile:)=8.2 miles total
    2/3-WAH-4 Mile Power Walk- 2 miles (not ready for 4 yet! )=10.2 miles total
    2/3-Vivofit tracked 2.2 miles=12.4 miles total
    2/4-WAH-Burn Body Fat 2 miles=14.4 miles total
    2/4-Vivofit tracked 4.6=19.0 miles total
    2/5-WAP Ultimate Collection-2 Mile Brisk Walk=2 miles=21.0 total miles
    2/5-Vivofit tracked 2.2 miles=23.2 miles total
    2/6-Vivofit tracked 3.6 miles=26.8 miles total
    2/7-Vivofit tracked 3.3 miles=30.1 miles total
    2/8-Vivofit tracked 3.6 miles=33.7 miles total
    2/9-Vivofit tracked 3.4 miles=37.1 miles total
    2/10-WAH-Burn Body Fat 2 miles=39.1 miles total
    2/10-Vivofit tracked 1.9 miles=41 miles total
    2/11-WOTP-3 Different Miles=44.0 miles

Well, I am finally up to 3 miles and working toward that 4 mile Super Challenge! :smile:

Olympics-This is hard question because I love all winter sports except biathlon and cross country racing. Cross country skiing is supposed to be relaxing and fun not grueling. I love all the rest, but I suppose my favorites, since I rarely miss them, are downhill skiing and any figure skating.
    AnnofB wrote: »
    Good work Zichab. :)
    Thanks Ann! Slowly but surely, I am getting back into the swing of things again.

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Goal: Some form of walking at least 5 days a week.
    Week 2
    2/8 Cardio Core walk with Jessica Smith from Walk On and later today did Jog and Jive and Pumped Up Pace from her 5 Mix and Match Miles
    2/9 The 4 Mile Super Challenge... miles 1 and 2
    2/10 Walk Off Fat Fast 20 minute workout and 21 minutes of yoga
    2/11 Strength and Stamina - Kelley Coffey-Meyer, WAPT Walk Strong, 30 minute walk and firm with a stretchie band.
  • Elbee1
    Options
    2/9 Walked 30 minutes. Ended up with over 10,000 steps.
    2/10 Leslie Sansone Burn 30. 10,000 steps.
    2/11 Leslie Sansone Firm 30
    Linda (Elbee1)