Rohit's OMAD Weight loss journey

Replies

• jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    I also have a protein bar in the mornings and it has never hurt my weight loss either.

I personally wouldn’t remove a single ingredient for my chicken fajita! :) You mentioned “eating clean”. Is this to mean LC?

If you’re counting calories, then I’d say just eat till you hit your limit. I usually don’t count calories on OMAD (I try not to anyway) but have been doing so because I’m not restricting in any other way and I’m also doing 2MAD meals.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    If that is the only meal you have or will be eating today you should be able to eat it as is. That is the beauty of OMAD your one meal does not have to be restrictive. Some do restrictions but that is by choice and is not required on OMAD. I would just enjoy the chicken fajita it was my only meal.
  • rs2332
    rs2332 Posts: 116 Member
    I ended up doing 18:6 today but the majority of my calories came from clean foods!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    rs2332 wrote: »
    Weekly weight log
    Week ending 1/27 : 193lbs
    Week ending 2/3 : 191lbs

Planning to eat a chicken fajita for take away restaurant tonight during superbowl. Any suggestions on what I can tell the restaurant to remove from the ingredients?

Only what you don't like! There are no food restrictions on basic OMAD, only personal preference :) That's the beauty of it! If you want it, eat it in yo' OMAD!
  • rs2332
    Today has been good so far eating wise! No unusual hunger spikes. Not sure if it had something to do with the added carbs yesterday since i kinda did 2MAD. Also been pre-occupied as the little one is down with an ear infection.
  • rs2332
    For the past few days i have been on point with my eating but the weight scale has not moved at all! Still hovering around 192 but i feel fantastic and clothes fit better
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Your clothes are fitting better so that means you're having a NSV (Non Scale Victory) :)
  • rs2332
    @Brendalea69 you are right!!!
  • rs2332
    Yesterday was a great day! I am noticing i felt less hungry. I had a meeting that run late and did not get home till 10 pm and i wasnt gorging food when i sat down. The 4pm Apple really seems to be helping me regulate my hunger. Determined to get to 170lbs
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Happy to hear things are going well. You will get to that goal. Keep it up!
  • rs2332
    Hope everyone is having a great Sunday! I have been very good at eating clean for the past week. Not. Much movement in the scale since last week but I am less hungry and leaning towards junk food. My clothes fit so much better and I see changes in the mirror. Its a little hard since the scale is static but I am starting to pay less attention to those 3 numbers
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    It's not always about the scale. Sounds like you're making good progress. Keep it up and the scale should follow at some point.
  • rs2332
    Yup!! I can feel the stomach shrinking and starting to enjoy healthy foods
  • Jim_fbr
    Yup!! I can feel the stomach shrinking and starting to enjoy healthy foods
    I also track waist size for this reason. Even if the scale doesn't move sometimes the waist goes down which is a big win.
  • Brendalea69
    edited February 2018
    I can feel and see it in how my clothes and ring is fitting even if I don't see it on the scale.
  • rs2332
    Something strange happened today. Around 6pm when I was running errands I started feeling unusually cold and my vision on left eye started getting dull coupled with a headache. My hands were very cold too. This was during my omad window. I had to drive way so I broke my fast in the car and had a protein bar which instantly fixed it. Any clue what it could have been? I am very healthy and never experienced anything like this
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Not sure. I do run colder when fasted but not the other symptoms. Maybe you went hypoglycemic? If in doubt take some measurements to see if that is an issue. If it keeps up I would see a Dr.
  • Brendalea69
    Sometimes I would get cold and dizzy and once I almost fainted but that was from fasting for more than 40 hours and once I stopped doing that and resumed my regular OMAD it stopped.
  • rs2332
    This is the first time i have experienced anything like this. I did do a very intense lifting routine in the afternoon yesterday. Thank goodness i had a protein bar on me which helped me stabilize.
  • Jim_fbr
    This is the first time i have experienced anything like this. I did do a very intense lifting routine in the afternoon yesterday. Thank goodness i had a protein bar on me which helped me stabilize.
    I think this coupled with OMAD might have been the cause of that spell you had. Based on my personal experience I'd recommend only doing moderate exercise while you're doing OMAD and in a "weight loss mode". Get the weight off, conquer hunger, and get in the groove of OMAD style eating before ramping up to the intense stuff. I found it hard to do everything at once.