Rohit's OMAD Weight loss journey

Options

Replies

• rs2332
    rs2332 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Jim_fbr wrote: »
    rs2332 wrote: »
    This is the first time i have experienced anything like this. I did do a very intense lifting routine in the afternoon yesterday. Thank goodness i had a protein bar on me which helped me stabilize.
    I think this coupled with OMAD might have been the cause of that spell you had. Based on my personal experience I'd recommend only doing moderate exercise while you're doing OMAD and in a "weight loss mode". Get the weight off, conquer hunger, and get in the groove of OMAD style eating before ramping up to the intense stuff. I found it hard to do everything at once.

I agree. May be all at once i could not handle!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    You could lift after you eat and that should solve it.
  • rs2332
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I believe i have nailed my OMAD meal with meal prepping. 16oz ground chicken cooked with vegetables, 1 cup quinoa and 2oz edamame spagetti. One Apple on the side with a little dark chocolate. I will post a picture tonight!
  • bandwidthbandit
    bandwidthbandit Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I believe i have nailed my OMAD meal with meal prepping. 16oz ground chicken cooked with vegetables, 1 cup quinoa and 2oz edamame spagetti. One Apple on the side with a little dark chocolate. I will post a picture tonight!

Edamame pasta? Why did I not know this was a thing? I need it in my life.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options

Edamame pasta? Why did I not know this was a thing? I need it in my life.

Agreed, fill me in!
  • rs2332
    Options
    I got it from costco. Has 25 grams protein in 2 oz. Look for Organic edamame pasta in Costco. Its usually near the regular ones. Amazon has it too but seems a bit pricey
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Calorie count?
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Sweeeeeeet that's not bad calorie-wise! Is it tasty?
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    After comparison it's almost the same as regular spaghetti... Are you gluten free?
  • rs2332
    Options
    No I eat everything lol
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Oh ok - just curious, what was the motivation for these particular noodles? Just nutrients? Or taste? ENLIGHTEN ME :#:#:#
  • rs2332
    Options
    I bought them a few months ago and forgot it was In the pantry. When I meal. Prepped yesterday I added a bit of extra salt and wanted to balance it out. I dint want to add potatoes or rice so I went with this :) tastes great
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    NICE! Still a fun one to add to the list to try! :)
  • bandwidthbandit
    bandwidthbandit Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just know those are two of my favorite foods... I am gettin some.^^
  • rs2332
    Options
    Question to experienced OMAD fasters :

I have been eating these three things listed below during my fasting window and wondering if will hinder my progress.

1) Medium sized apple
    2) Salt Free crackers - 3 pieces
    3) 1/4 th cup milk in coffee

• mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Question to experienced OMAD fasters :

I have been eating these three things listed below during my fasting window and wondering if will hinder my progress.

1) Medium sized apple
    2) Salt Free crackers - 3 pieces
    3) 1/4 th cup milk in coffee

That depends on the specificity of your question - if you're asking if those will pull you out of fasting the answer is yes. Anything that causes an insulin reaction pulls you out of fasting - I believe the calorie threshold is somewhere around 25-30 cals if I remember correctly - @arguablysamson is that correct?

That being said, there are all sorts of ways to make IF/OMAD work for you so the best answer will come on the scale :)
  • rs2332
    Options

That being said, there are all sorts of ways to make IF/OMAD work for you so the best answer will come on the scale :) [/quote]

This is a very good point!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I would say try strict OMAD for a week and then try OMAD with those items you mentioned for a week, then you will know if they are hurting your weight loss :)
  • rs2332
    Options
    @Brendalea69 I am going to do that! Although i feel truly fantastic i havent see a movement in the scale for 2 weeks and after logging my foods daily i understood i was probably still eating over my BMR doing OMAD so i have cleaned up my food a lot. I am going to do strict OMAD with 1 splurge day a week