Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Miranda's Progress thread

2456712

Replies

  • jadeblue14jadeblue14 Posts: 182Member Member Posts: 182Member Member
    You guys are all super awesome. I'm going to jump into the forums even more soon. Hopefully when the weekend comes I can get caught up with everyone.
    I said no the french fries, but I definitely couldn't say no the french fries AND onion rings. And they were delicious.
    So I'm in the last semester of my creative writing Master's program. Most of my evenings are devoted to either writing, reading, or critiquing my classmates work. Which has been great. But definitely means I'm on my butt way more than I should be. I have my fitbit set to remind me to get up and move. And I actually do 5 squats every time to get up and pee (TMI) just to get moving. So far so good. Hopefully it'll leave my butt looking good.
  • minigrrllminigrrll Posts: 1,590Member Member Posts: 1,590Member Member
    Welcome Miranda! (Sorry for the late welcome, but I'm just managing to catch up on all my unread messages!)
  • jadeblue14jadeblue14 Posts: 182Member Member Posts: 182Member Member
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Welcome Miranda! (Sorry for the late welcome, but I'm just managing to catch up on all my unread messages!)

    No worries! I'm still diving in with everyone's threads myself. I love reading about everyone elses journyes.
  • jadeblue14jadeblue14 Posts: 182Member Member Posts: 182Member Member
    Morning check in for the day. Last night I had a GIANT dinner. I had some pasta with ham and peas, a personal chicken pot pie, and some mashed potatoes. But it all fit within my calories, so I ate it. I'm up a pound this morning, but was running let this morning and jumped on the scale before I had gone to the bathroom. So that feels about right. I still feel like I'm retaining water, but that could definitely be from the squats and the sodium I'm eating. I've been taking a multivitamin and a fish oil gel every day, too. And I have to say, in just two weeks, my skin is looking a ton better. I feel better, too. My energy is up, and though I feel like I'm retaining water, I don't feel bloated like I was.
    I'm very much looking forward to tomorrow when I can sleep in, get up at my leisure (or as long as the dog will let me sleep) and get a better idea of just how much I weight at the end of the week.
  • dkayingramdkayingram Posts: 755Member Member Posts: 755Member Member
    That meal sounds delish :). Hopefully the water retention will subside!
  • sunnycobayosunnycobayo Posts: 236Member Member Posts: 236Member Member
    Mmmmm, mmmm! I love pot pie! I'm a vegetarian, so I've never had chicken pot pie in particular, but if it's as good as the hearty lentil and potato pot pie my husband makes, then I'm sure it was deeeeelicious! :) Glad to hear energy levels are up. It's nice knowing that the weekend is right around the corner.
  • Brendalea69Brendalea69 Posts: 3,277Member Member Posts: 3,277Member Member
    You have some nice non scale victories :)
  • jadeblue14jadeblue14 Posts: 182Member Member Posts: 182Member Member
    Well, the weekend went much faster than I wanted. But I stayed on track. I'm down to 176 even today. Which is definitely the thinnest I've been in at least 6 months. Still feel pretty great. Got a walk in yesterday (playing pokemon go. Don't judge me). Today was definitely a rest day. No squats, easy on the walking. I picked up a ton of tea to get me through the days.
    Today was the first day I've had food before my evening meal. I went over to my parents' house this morning, and they had saved two pieces of bacon for me. I couldn't resist. But then I went straight through to dinner, which was ramen with a miso broth and pork bellies, a garden salad, an amazing sushi roll, and one of my boyfriend's meat dumplings. So good. And I actually wasn't able to finish my ramen, so dinner for tomorrow, too!
    Hope everyone else had a fantastic weekend. You guys are awesome.
  • Brendalea69Brendalea69 Posts: 3,277Member Member Posts: 3,277Member Member
    I also can't resist bacon and I wont judge you for playing Pokemon go because at least you were getting exercise at the same time :p

  • dkayingramdkayingram Posts: 755Member Member Posts: 755Member Member
    No one should HAVE to resist bacon! Great loss!!!!!!
  • jadeblue14jadeblue14 Posts: 182Member Member Posts: 182Member Member
    The bacon was so good!
    My boyfriend and I have been playing pokemon go for a while now. It's actually been really nice. Gives us a reason to get up and out of the house and doesn't feel like exercise. We walked for over an hour Saturday.
    I really like having this kind of accountability thread. So glad I found you all! I'm sitting at my desk now with my water bottle bottle and my mug of hot tea and feeling pretty good. Fluctuated back up to 176.4, but again had stepped on the scale before I had gone to the bathroom. I'm actually liking tracking all of the ups and downs, instead of just the down numbers. It's interesting to see. But the trend is definitely down. I've lost 7 pounds since I started. I graduated on May 17th, and I would love to be down 20 pounds by then. That's kind of my first mini goal. I think I'm on the right track.
    edited February 2018
  • mistymeadows2005mistymeadows2005 Posts: 1,795Member Member Posts: 1,795Member Member
    jadeblue14 wrote: »
    The bacon was so good!
    My boyfriend and I have been playing pokemon go for a while now. It's actually been really nice. Gives us a reason to get up and out of the house and doesn't feel like exercise. We walked for over an hour Saturday.
    I really like having this kind of accountability thread. So glad I found you all! I'm sitting at my desk now with my water bottle bottle and my mug of hot tea and feeling pretty good. Fluctuated back up to 176.4, but again had stepped on the scale before I had gone to the bathroom. I'm actually liking tracking all of the ups and downs, instead of just the down numbers. It's interesting to see. But the trend is definitely down. I've lost 7 pounds since I started. I graduated on May 17th, and I would love to be down 20 pounds by then. That's kind of my first mini goal. I think I'm on the right track.

    I LOVE MINI GOALS! You can do ittttttttt!
  • tlblanksfittlblanksfit Posts: 1,573Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,573Member, Premium Member
    You can definitely do it. rooting for your success!
  • Brendalea69Brendalea69 Posts: 3,277Member Member Posts: 3,277Member Member
    I hope you make your mini goal by graduation o:)
  • jadeblue14jadeblue14 Posts: 182Member Member Posts: 182Member Member
    Morning weight: 176.2
    Morning everyone! I'm feeling the too much sodium today. I can always tell when it starts affecting me. My eyelids get puffy. I had my left over ramen from Sunday for dinner, and my boyfriend brought home coconut shrimp to supplement. All very tasty, but definitely a lot of sodium. So extra water for me today, especially since I plan on having another sodium heavy meal for dinner. I'm meeting some of my classmates from my MFA at an awesome place called humpty dumpling. It's sort of like American dumplings, but filled with things like cheesesteak or apple pie. They also do fun noodles, like buffalo chicken noodles. I'd be stressing out about it a lot more if I knew it wasn't my only meal of the day. Totally terrible for you but absolutely delicious every once in a while.
    I'm still doing my squats. Small amounts at a time so I don't stress my knees too badly. I know it's only been a week, but I already like how my legs are feeling.
  • dkayingramdkayingram Posts: 755Member Member Posts: 755Member Member
    I am sure you can shake the sodium by later in the week. Now that I have been doing OMAD I feel like I can also tell when I am holding on to sodium. Not sure why I didn't notice before, maybe because I was used to being bloated LOL.

    Enjoy your dinner - sounds yummy!
  • jadeblue14jadeblue14 Posts: 182Member Member Posts: 182Member Member
    dkayingram wrote: »
    I am sure you can shake the sodium by later in the week. Now that I have been doing OMAD I feel like I can also tell when I am holding on to sodium. Not sure why I didn't notice before, maybe because I was used to being bloated LOL.

    Enjoy your dinner - sounds yummy!

    Right? I definitely think I can notice it more when I'm not regularly bloated. Like my eyelids are puffy and my fingers look a little fat. But I also know what caused it, so I'm not too worried. Just really fascinated by how my body is reacting to what I eat.
    I'll try to take pictures of the goodies from tonight. If I don't just devour it first.
  • jadeblue14jadeblue14 Posts: 182Member Member Posts: 182Member Member
    Oh, I also forgot a NSV, a big one. In just under 3 weeks, I have lowered my resting heart rate by nine beats per minute. That's really exciting for me.
  • tlblanksfittlblanksfit Posts: 1,573Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,573Member, Premium Member
    That is a big one. Congrats!
  • mistymeadows2005mistymeadows2005 Posts: 1,795Member Member Posts: 1,795Member Member
    jadeblue14 wrote: »
    dkayingram wrote: »
    I am sure you can shake the sodium by later in the week. Now that I have been doing OMAD I feel like I can also tell when I am holding on to sodium. Not sure why I didn't notice before, maybe because I was used to being bloated LOL.

    Enjoy your dinner - sounds yummy!

    Right? I definitely think I can notice it more when I'm not regularly bloated. Like my eyelids are puffy and my fingers look a little fat. But I also know what caused it, so I'm not too worried. Just really fascinated by how my body is reacting to what I eat.
    I'll try to take pictures of the goodies from tonight. If I don't just devour it first.

    That salt is so annoying! Lol... Good to see you're in tune with your body...and nice on the resting heart rate!
Sign In or Register to comment.