TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (March)

Options

Replies

• drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    3/11
    Last week: 229.8
    This week: 226.4....on Wednesday I got up to 235!!! :s Crazy how our body fluctuates through TOM. Next week I expect a bigger drop! Happy Sunday and happy to start off fright this time!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    135terry wrote: »
    March 9th started out good.
    Exercise - yes, 60 min on treadmill and 30 min strength training, however, calories and logging went out the window as the evening went on.
    March 10th, Exercise - no, Within calories - no, and logging - no

Weekends are so hard, and it seems once I've gone over my calories for the day, I give up and eat anything I want, telling myself I'll start over tomorrow. I sure hope I don't gain the weight back that I lost last week. I have three days until I have to weigh in and better make the best of them.

Terry, I feel your pain!!! Once I have gone over, I tend to go into free-for-all mode. Why do we do that??? We need to remember that food is fuel, and we need to ask ourselves if we are really hungry, or just bored, frustrated, tired or whatever before we put something into our mouth!! And if we are not hungry we need to find something constructive to do!! We need to remember that you don't have to be "perfect" to have a good week overall. A few extra calories one day is not going to derail the whole week!! But free-for-alls just might, especially if they occur in multiples!!!! (You do realize this rant was as much for me, as it was for you!!) Let's kill it this week!!!
  • primekayprime
    primekayprime Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Mar 10
    Tracking Y
    Calories Y
    Exercise N (rest day)
  • primekayprime
    edited March 2018
    Options
    primekayprime
    Mar Week 2
    Previous Weight: 226.6
    Current Weight: 228.6

This is my first gain since starting my journey in Dec, but I'm not bummed about it. I was within my calorie goal 6 out of 7 days this week. I have been pushing myself with my strength training so I assume I am gaining for the right reasons: muscle healing and building.

And I'm pretty content with my NSVs for this week. My motor skills continue to improve thanks to strength training. I feel SHAPELY and STRONG. And on Friday, my entire team commented on my weight loss so I floated through the whole day :smiley:
  • drea2011
    Options
    Yas! I lost .5 lbs but you know what my clothes are getting looser and I feel myself having more energy! Let’s get it girl!
    drea2011 wrote: »
    3/10
    Exercised: yep focus t25 x2 + 10 mins circuit training
    Tracked: yep
    Under: yep

That's what I'm talcum bout Drea! You been getting in your workouts all week! Let's see what the scale thinks about that tomorrow :)

• drea2011
    Options
    Let’s get it team big butts!!! :p
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    The results are posted for the first week of March.....

Team The Big Butt Theory lost 37.1 pounds, for a 0.68% loss. That was good enough for 2nd place, only 0.28% behind the leader. Well done, team!!!

Overall, @okalex was 3rd, with a loss of 3.91% (yeah for the flu!!!) Rounding out the top three Big Butts was @135terry with a loss of 2.79% and @shanell3827 with a loss of 2.55%. Well done, ladies!!!

• HASWLRS
    Options
    drea2011 wrote: »
    3/11
    Last week: 229.8
    This week: 226.4....on Wednesday I got up to 235!!! :s Crazy how our body fluctuates through TOM. Next week I expect a bigger drop! Happy Sunday and happy to start off fright this time!

And start it off right, you did!! Nice loss, and nicely done on recognizing your own body's weight fluctuation patterns and not stressing over it at all!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Week 1: Saturday 3/10
    Previous weight: 165 lbs
    Current weight: 162.3 lbs

Very nice loss this week, Jess!! Craig got you entered, as it was way past my bedtime!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    dopey520 wrote: »
    I had a quick question, Guess it is something I should of asked when everything first started lol but when we log in daily for the mini challenge when we say "under calories" is it out of the total that is allotted daily or is it the total gained after exercise?
    for example yesterday it was 1953/2180 daily allotted calories or should it say 1953/3322 because of the calories I gained through exercise.

Great question.. :smile:

In case you missed the answer, being under is with exercise calories factored in.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    primekayprime
    Mar Week 2

This is my first gain since starting my journey in Dec, but I'm not bummed about it. I was within my calorie goal 6 out of 7 days this week. I have been pushing myself with my strength training so I assume I am gaining for the right reasons: muscle healing and building.

And I'm pretty content with my NSVs for this week. My motor skills continue to improve thanks to strength training. I feel SHAPELY and STRONG. And on Friday, my entire team commented on my weight loss so I floated through the whole day :smiley:

If weight loss can be attributed to mind over matter, then you got this in spades....your mind is absolutely in the right place!!! Love, love love your NSV's! And yes, your first small gain since joining team TBBT. It's now time for the rest of us to pick up the slack...something you've been doing from the beginning!!
  • drea2011
    Options
    Good for you for not beating yourself up...this time around I refuse to beat myself up if you workout and eat right consistently eventually the weight will fall off! We got this!
    primekayprime
    Mar Week 2

• dopey520
    dopey520 Posts: 40 Member
    Options

you are super focused! way to go!

Thank you, I need to be in order for this life change to be successful.. time for a new week and hope I can ride the momentum :)
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Sunday, March 11
    Tracking: No
    Calories: Maybe
    Exercise: No

This is going to be a super busy week. I'm also going to be changing up my exercise. This week I'm working extra hard to do my menu planning and to stick to cooking those planned meals.
  • SAHNinja
    SAHNinja Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Crap crap crap. This weekend has been busy and I totally forgot to post my weight. Am I too late?? If I am, I'll stick around and motivate when I can!
  • motheroftwins95
    motheroftwins95 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Mar 11

Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes, 11,222 steps (50 active minutes)
  • dopey520
    dopey520 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge Sunday, March 11th
    Logged Food: Yes
    Under Calories: Yes 2105/2180
    Exercise: No - Rest Day... My knee and ankle are thanking me lol
  • MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    March 11
    Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes...I walk every day
    Steps: 16,766
  • MelsLeanDream
    Options
    Username: MelsLeanDream
    Weigh in week: March Week 2
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 223
    Current Weight: 221
  • primekayprime
    Options
    It was really helpful for me when I posted my workout schedule for accountability purposes. On days when I didn't want to get in one of my workouts that was on the schedule, I remembered that I would have a whole team to answer to. That was enough motivation to get my tail moving! And I got to enjoy my rest days during the weekend (which is when I prefer to have my rest days), rather than trying to cram in all of my workouts before week's end because I didn't keep to my schedule.

So, I'm gonna post my workout schedule this week as well:

Sun rest day
    Mon 20min strength training + 20min cardio
    Tue 20min cardio
    Wed 20min strength training + 15min yoga
    Thu 20min yoga
    Fri 20 min strength training + 20min cardio
    Sat rest day

I may move around some of the elements to better fit my week, but it should come out to 3 days of cardio, 3 days of strength training, 2 days of yoga. I don't have any reason why I can't get these done short of falling ill or a serious emergency.

Just as before, I expect my teammates to call me out if you see me getting off-track. I won't be upset by being called out. This is a commitment that I've made to myself and being reminded of that when I'm slacking is not upsetting to me.

This is a new week and a fresh start. Let's show the other teams how TBBT gets down!
  • MelsLeanDream
    Options
    That's a good idea @primekayprime i'll do mine too...

Monday: 3 mile walk
    Tuesday: 4 mile walk
    Wednesday: 5 mile walk (with HITT)
    Thursday: 3 mile walk
    Friday: I'll walk down the aisle on my wedding day...does that count??
    Saturday: ???
    Sunday: 5 mile walk
This discussion has been closed.