TEAM: The Slimsons (March)

Options

Replies

• jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Daily post Sunday

Today I started my modere detox. My tummy is making interesting gurgling sounds.

Track. Yes
    Calories. Under
    Exercise. 1 hour walk in the woods with my sons
    Water. 72 ounces

Tomorrow I will be purchasing a Fitbit to help properly log my calories burned. Here’s hoping it helps through my plateau
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Daily post Sunday
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise - We cleaned, and ventured the chaos of Costco on a Sunday!
    Water about 80 oz

I spent some of the day marking and working on report cards. I have 115 of them to write this week!
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes walk around a lot
  • memery7
    memery7 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Daily Post- Sunday
    Tracking Yes
    Calories Yes Under
    Exercise Yes strength training
    Water Yes
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Sunday:

Tracked: yes
    Calories: over
    Exercise: ran around the yard with my toddler for an hour and did housework in the morning
    Water: 16oz-not including coffee and some Diet Coke

I will meal plan today for the week.
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Monday

PW. 192.8
    CW. 191.7

I’ll take it since last week was full of bad eating
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: 3/18
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    Water: Yes

Much better day!!!
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    @jennfalzon1979 I kinda hate to be that guy... You've decided on a product and I'm going to suggest something else lol. But after two fitbits. I have been completely won over by my Garmin VivoSmart. The battery life, the full waterproofness.. The screen and way it interacts with my phone.. Even the way it's put up with my lifestyle. I basically never take it off except to charge it a bit more than once a week. So it does everything from chopping wood to welding with me. My previous fitbit charge is literally peeling apart at the seams. Had to come off every shower, battery didn't last quite as long (although did often charge while showering lol)

The balance, Fitbit's software is probably just a tiny bit better.. But not in any really significant way, just details. Both integrate seamlessly with MFP. I'm not saying Fitbit is bad and I can't even be sure which model you are looking at, but I've decided I think the Garmin I have is better.

P.S. Definitely get something with heart rate. It's the only way to have any confidence in the numbers. The step only ones count everything as steps.. unless you are holding or pushing something in which case they count nothing lol.

Daily Post (Monday)
    Day/Goals: To be honest, I feel like rubbish today.. Hope I'm not coming down with something. Big day though.
    Calories: Yes and no... Yes I was well under my daily net.. But actually it was the first day in 6 months where I set myself a calorie target and missed it.. Missed by 400cal too. As a general rule, I don't count exercise calories. I just work to my own fixed target. Caught up with an old friend. Cooked dinner, weighed and ate without checking my numbers. Not the end of the world, but a little disappointed.
    Exercise: Yes, lots of lifting steel.
    Water Intake: lots

Didn't get a daily done for Sunday, but it was my rest day.. So.. I guess I nailed that.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 80 minutes strength training.
    Water Intake: 99 oz

Day/Goals: Great workout today. Today kicks off Week 9 in my current training rotation. I am training at 95% of my max! And I crushed it. Squats, Overhead Press, Leg Extensions, Leg Curls, Lunges :smile:

WOOHOO!!!! That's AWESOME!!!
    I am hoping to get back into lifting sometime this year!! Go you!! That's fantastic!
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Pw 217.6
    Cw 215.4
    Still not where I want to be but a hell of a lot better than where I was.
  • jenngitch
    jenngitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Daily post Sunday

Track. No :(
    Calories. not sure. probably over
    Exercise. yes
    Water. 70+ ozs
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Fyreside wrote: »
    @jennfalzon1979 I kinda hate to be that guy... You've decided on a product and I'm going to suggest something else lol. But after two fitbits. I have been completely won over by my Garmin VivoSmart. The battery life, the full waterproofness.. The screen and way it interacts with my phone.. Even the way it's put up with my lifestyle. I basically never take it off except to charge it a bit more than once a week. So it does everything from chopping wood to welding with me. My previous fitbit charge is literally peeling apart at the seams. Had to come off every shower, battery didn't last quite as long (although did often charge while showering lol)

The balance, Fitbit's software is probably just a tiny bit better.. But not in any really significant way, just details. Both integrate seamlessly with MFP. I'm not saying Fitbit is bad and I can't even be sure which model you are looking at, but I've decided I think the Garmin I have is better.

P.S. Definitely get something with heart rate. It's the only way to have any confidence in the numbers. The step only ones count everything as steps.. unless you are holding or pushing something in which case they count nothing lol.
    While I do wish it was waterproof, I have a Fitbit Charge 2 and I what I like about that over the Charge I used to have, removable bands (because I'm hard on them at the gym) and it's got a better system to track your exercise than it's predecessor. You can set up to 7 activities that you can manually track, weights, run, etc, but then it auto tracks a lot of activities like running, biking, etc.
    Personally...I think the Fitbit has been around longer and might be a bit better, but they're all relatively close to each other these days. Eventually, I might just upgrade altogether and get a Samsung Smart Watch...waterproof, tracks pulse and activities and it will go nicely with my Sansung S8 :smile:
  • AB0215
    edited March 2018
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    WOOHOO!!!! That's AWESOME!!!
    I am hoping to get back into lifting sometime this year!! Go you!! That's fantastic!

I encourage everyone to lift. There are sooooo many benefits, and no, women will not "bulk up"...it's not really possible without the aide of chemical substances., but I'm sure you knew that! You can however, look more defined and "stong" which I think looks awesome!

I am considering a competition. I can list a lot more than most women my age and I've been training towards that idea and it's going really well. I think next week I will be testing my max again to see how it's coming along.

I need to get a better handle on my food lately, while I've been in my calorie allotments, it must be a bit high if I am attempting to lose "weight" so I just redid my numbers yesterday and I am dipping a bit lower, and that got my attention, for the first time in a while, I felt hungry lol.
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I agree with Fyreside about the Garmin vs the fitbit. I love my vivosmart 2! Customer service is excellent as well for Garmin.

Daily post Monday
    Track: yes
    Calories: I will definitely be under since I am going to spin class tonight!
    Exercise: Spin class
    Water: by 11:00 I am already at 64 oz.

Feeling very positive and sending those vibes to my team members!
  • elisabel
    elisabel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Username: elisabel
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Week: March Week 3
    PW: 182.6
    CW: 182.8
  • missemmibelle
    missemmibelle Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Username: missemmibelle
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Week's weight: 204.6
    Todays Weight: 203.4

I missed the check-in yesterday thanks to having some kind of stomach flu. My scale weight crashed so I used a number from before getting sick :/

• ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Sunday

Track: No
    Calories: I'm not sure.
    Exercise: Yes! Swimming
    Water Intake: A lot.

Comments: Happy Monday! I had a really fun day yesterday. I'm finally on Spring Break for a week! Yay! Finals went alright. I'm trying to enjoy the break as much as possible before school starts again next week. But that doesn't mean that I'm not going to stick to my calorie goal so hopefully this week will be successful since I don't have school to focus on!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Here's a little Monday Motivation (at least I think it's Monday...)!

This is written on the wall at my gym and it's one of my all time favorite quotes.

6ch5ursg0ghl.jpg
  • AB0215
    Options
    @gemwolf110 That is one of my favorite things about the fitbit, that it tells me how hard I'm working. I spend a lot of time in the Peak HR range when I'm lifting and it really helps me to know when to take an extra breath!
This discussion has been closed.