TEAM: Run Track Minds (March)

Options

Replies

• avocardiothyme
    avocardiothyme Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hiya teammates :) I am working on losing about 30ish pounds. Running has helped me lose weight in the past, so I started running again so the weight should come off as long as I keep eating right and stay committed. Hoping this group adds to my accountability on MFP.
  • luvmy4girlz
    luvmy4girlz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been doing this challenge for a couple of months now. It's a great tool! I actually started my current weight loss journey in November and am officially down 45 pounds today after 4 months. I'm super close to Onederland and an hoping to hit that mark in March. I'm a slow, but steady loser, so that might be a tough goal for me this month, but I'm going to try!! Good luck everyone!!
  • daloverlyme
    daloverlyme Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been doing this challenge for a couple of months now. It's a great tool! I actually started my current weight loss journey in November and am officially down 45 pounds today after 4 months. I'm super close to Onederland and an hoping to hit that mark in March. I'm a slow, but steady loser, so that might be a tough goal for me this month, but I'm going to try!! Good luck everyone!!

That is also my goal! I just think my scale hates 199. lol.
  • karsei01
    karsei01 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Heh 199 is actually my target for next summer (2019). It should be possible, but I also want to maintain as much muscles as possibly, as I have gained som size in my upper body (except my belly) for the first time.
  • fromsoms
    fromsoms Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well, seems like I’ve been assigned to this gang of weight thieves.

Hi all, look forward to seeing your progress, watching and making sure you do so, as you’ll do for me. I may not know you all from a bar of soap right now, but I will eventually, and hope to be touched by your successes. What I have read so far is quite motivating.

I’m still new to MFP, I had started recording my diet at the start of February, and increased my cardio intensity then too. My aim is slow weight loss (1.1lbs a week) for I want this as a lifestyle change. My biggest vice is alcohol, and I’m dealing with that elsewhere, but here I’m aiming for lifestyle change.

I’ve always been active, and love exercising. My body has always stayed around 225, no matter how sedentary and what I consumed. It’s been the sweet spot for 20yrs. That puts me obese for height/gender/age. There’s no point doing hard intense exercise for 2hrs, only to have it all taken away with a beer/pizza night. Exercise is like a pathetic 20% of weight loss, or somewhere around that figure I hear. Which makes me sad :(. So need to cut down of useless empty calories to very infrequent is my aim. So my big target is to have lighter evening meals Sounds simple, eh?

Best of luck, RTM of March, and I want you guys to succeed…even if I don’t know you yet. I really do! :D

PS. Better read what to do here now, I see the rules in other groups, and thanks for the time doing this Craigo3154
  • daloverlyme
    Options
    fromsoms wrote: »
    Well, seems like I’ve been assigned to this gang of weight thieves.

Hi all, look forward to seeing your progress, watching and making sure you do so, as you’ll do for me. I may not know you all from a bar of soap right now, but I will eventually, and hope to be touched by your successes. What I have read so far is quite motivating.

I’m still new to MFP, I had started recording my diet at the start of February, and increased my cardio intensity then too. My aim is slow weight loss (1.1lbs a week) for I want this as a lifestyle change. My biggest vice is alcohol, and I’m dealing with that elsewhere, but here I’m aiming for lifestyle change.

I’ve always been active, and love exercising. My body has always stayed around 225, no matter how sedentary and what I consumed. It’s been the sweet spot for 20yrs. That puts me obese for height/gender/age. There’s no point doing hard intense exercise for 2hrs, only to have it all taken away with a beer/pizza night. Exercise is like a pathetic 20% of weight loss, or somewhere around that figure I hear. Which makes me sad :(. So need to cut down of useless empty calories to very infrequent is my aim. So my big target is to have lighter evening meals Sounds simple, eh?

Best of luck, RTM of March, and I want you guys to succeed…even if I don’t know you yet. I really do! :D

PS. Better read what to do here now, I see the rules in other groups, and thanks for the time doing this Craigo3154

It is so nice to meet you! I have the same weekly weight loss goal. I used to lose 2-3 a week, but put it all back on very fast. Hoping slower is better for me. Good luck on the alcohol! My dad and aunt drank for many, many years. My father is now sober, and a completely different person. unfortunately, his sister ( my aunt) went in a completely different direction and alcohol ended up taking her life when she was 32., leaving behind 3 babies.

I wish you all the luck in the world!
  • daloverlyme
    Options
    karsei01 wrote: »
    Heh 199 is actually my target for next summer (2019). It should be possible, but I also want to maintain as much muscles as possibly, as I have gained som size in my upper body (except my belly) for the first time.

You got this!!!
  • fromsoms
    edited March 2018
    Options
    It is so nice to meet you! I have the same weekly weight loss goal. I used to lose 2-3 a week, but put it all back on very fast. Hoping slower is better for me. Good luck on the alcohol! My dad and aunt drank for many, many years. My father is now sober, and a completely different person. unfortunately, his sister ( my aunt) went in a completely different direction and alcohol ended up taking her life when she was 32., leaving behind 3 babies.

I wish you all the luck in the world!

@ Daloverlyme. Thanks Dalovertyme. My whole family are sober. It takes one I suppose, to debunk future generations. I don’t have family responsibility (single), so thankfully I’m only hurting myself.

Sad to hear about your aunt though, so young and with dependants :(.

I see your progress so far, and your achievement has been awesome. I assume we could add each other as friends in this group as accountability? (if one feels comfortable of course)
  • snowprincess502
    snowprincess502 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi, Run Track Minds Group. I have decided to join this weight loss group to lose weight I have put back on after loosing it
  • fromsoms
    Options
    Hi, Run Track Minds Group. I have decided to join this weight loss group to lose weight I have put back on after loosing it

Hi Snow, hope you find a long term solution to keeping it off. Losing it, is a fantastic thing, but maintenance for the rest of your life is the ultimate goal. We are all individuals, so what will work for me, may not work for you. I think it's everyone's own personal journey to find what it is. We'll cheer on the sidelines and encourage :)
  • avocardiothyme
    avocardiothyme Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    3 days into March already...How is everyone doing??
  • daloverlyme
    Options

Added some cardio to my routine. Hoping it gets me to my birthday goal!
  • fromsoms
    Options

My weigh in day isn’t till Monday…and it’s still Saturday in the US?. *relaxes for now, for only do weekly weigh in* How are you doing? Will report soon from my 225lb. Btw how is running going? Aiming for a distance over time?
  • Anne0209
    Anne0209 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    So I gave my starting weight last week and today is my weigh-in. Is today's weigh-in counting toward the challenge or is this the "official" starting weight?
  • fromsoms
    Options
    Anne0209 wrote: »
    Username: Anne0209
    Starting Weight: 338.9
    Todays Weigh in: 331.4
    Lost 7.5 lbs

Whoa! Nice! What are you doing to achieve that Anne0209?
  • daloverlyme
    Options
    Anne0209 wrote: »
    Username: Anne0209
    Starting Weight: 338.9
    Todays Weigh in: 331.4
    Lost 7.5 lbs

Wow! Great job! I can't lose that in a month...or two :wink:
  • DreamPhedre
    DreamPhedre Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Gustaaf85 wrote: »
    Goals february:

Lose weight - check! Went from 96,8 kg to 96 kg it may not be much, but it's better than gaining :smile:
    Lose centimeters/millimeters around hips, waist, chest - all three check

Hips on 01 february - 110,60 centimeter
    Hips on 01 march - 107,70 centimeter

Waist on 01 february - 107,40 centimeter
    Waist on 01 march - 105,50 centimeter

Chest on 01 february - 113,80 centimeter
    Chest on 01 march - 112,50 centimeter

Goals for March:

- Lose between 1 and 2 kg
    - Lose 3 centimeter on hips
    - Lose 2 centimeter on waist
    - Lose 1,5 centimeter on chest

Awesome job! I love the measurement changes!
  • DreamPhedre
    DreamPhedre Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Hello Run Track Minds!

Welcome to March's challenge - it officially starts tomorrow, and it looks like we did pretty awesome in February!

My name is Kris (@DreamPhedre) and I'm the team captain. If anyone is interested in being co-captain this month I'd love the help! If you have questions please direct message me, or just tag me in a post.

A little about me - I've been a part of this group since the late fall and have used the challenges to lose 65 pounds in the last 6 months. The accountability of the group is amazing and super helpful.

I'll be running a mini-challenge this month, which is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (ultimate accountability challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.
    - Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories on MFP.
    - Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    - Do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    - 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    - Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "winners circle".

I personally struggle with posting my daily accountability, but will be working on it this month!

Good luck to everyone this month, I'm sure we'll rock it!
This discussion has been closed.