TEAM: Run Track Minds (March)

Options

Replies

• avocardiothyme
    avocardiothyme Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    fromsoms wrote: »
    3 days into March already...How is everyone doing??

My weigh in day isn’t till Monday…and it’s still Saturday in the US?. *relaxes for now, for only do weekly weigh in* How are you doing? Will report soon from my 225lb. Btw how is running going? Aiming for a distance over time?

@fromsoms I just bought new running shoes so that has me hyped for March! I have a goal to run at least 25 miles these month and aim for a 11:30 minute mile. Thanks for asking!

• Anne0209
    Anne0209 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Anne0209 wrote: »
    Username: Anne0209
    Starting Weight: 338.9
    Todays Weigh in: 331.4
    Lost 7.5 lbs

Whoa! Nice! What are you doing to achieve that Anne0209?

I'm afraid most of it is probably water weight. But a loss is a loss... I'll take it. I am eating good and incorporating a lot of strength training to build muscle and then hopefully that will help get rid of the fat. I've never tried this particular route before but my husbands cousin is helping me with a plan to get fit and lose weight.
  • Anne0209
    Options
    Anne0209 wrote: »
    Username: Anne0209
    Starting Weight: 338.9
    Todays Weigh in: 331.4
    Lost 7.5 lbs

Wow! Great job! I can't lose that in a month...or two :wink:

I just started so most of it is probably just water weight...but a loss is a loss!
  • luvmy4girlz
    luvmy4girlz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hello Run Track Minds!

Welcome to March's challenge - it officially starts tomorrow, and it looks like we did pretty awesome in February!

My name is Kris (@DreamPhedre) and I'm the team captain. If anyone is interested in being co-captain this month I'd love the help! If you have questions please direct message me, or just tag me in a post.

A little about me - I've been a part of this group since the late fall and have used the challenges to lose 65 pounds in the last 6 months. The accountability of the group is amazing and super helpful.

I'll be running a mini-challenge this month, which is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (ultimate accountability challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.
    - Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories on MFP.
    - Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    - Do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    - 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    - Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "winners circle".

I personally struggle with posting my daily accountability, but will be working on it this month!

Good luck to everyone this month, I'm sure we'll rock it!

I'll help ;)
  • daloverlyme
    daloverlyme Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!!! Let's get this!! Strive for progress, not perfection!
  • 7Natalie7
    7Natalie7 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

My name is Natalie, and this is my first challenge with the group. I'm usually motivated to get my workouts in and eat healthy, but for the past year, I've been off and on (more off than on).

My goal is to lose 33 pounds overall, but here's the deal; I've been here before (this goal is not new). The pattern is that I'll lose quite a bit of weight and then somehow play this sabotage game with myself to end right back at square one.

I hope this go around I will develop the habits and thought patterns that I need to remain consistent. I'm excited for the challenge! :)
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Hello Run Track Minds!
    I'll be running a mini-challenge this month, which is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (ultimate accountability challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.
    - Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories on MFP.
    - Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    - Do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    - 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    - Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "winners circle".

I LOVE this. It's exactly what I need. The challenge officially starts tomorrow, right?
  • tmanke78
    tmanke78 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Username: tmanke78
    Weigh in week: Mar week 1
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous weight: 225.8
    Current weight: 224.2
  • Anne0209
    Options
    March 4, 18
    tracking yes
    calories yes
    exercise yes
  • daloverlyme
    daloverlyme Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Sunday, March 4th
    Logged: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, did 45 minutes of cardio and cleaned all day.
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Sunday: March 4th, 2018
    Exercise: Yes (Season 2, Episode 3, Zombies, Run! - 36:46)
  • 7Natalie7
    7Natalie7 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    March 4, 2018

Tracking: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
  • DreamPhedre
    DreamPhedre Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Sunday March 4th
    Calories: Under, but I ate back some exercise ones!
    Exercise: Yes, 1hr gym time plus 45 minute walk
    Water: 90 oz and counting
  • DreamPhedre
    Options
    Username: @avocardiothyme
    Weigh in week: March Week 1
    Previous Week's weight: 153 lbs [2.28.18]
    Today's Weight: 152.8 lbs [3.4.18]

Great week!
  • DreamPhedre
    Options
    tmanke78 wrote: »
    Username: @tmanke78
    Weigh in week: Mar week 1
    Previous weight: 225.8
    Current weight: 224.2

Awesome start to the month !
  • karsei01
    karsei01 Posts: 442 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Username: karsei01
    Weigh in week: March Week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: 231 (26.03)
    Today's Weight: 227,5 (05.03)
    Loss this week:3,5lbs
    Loss March:3,5lbs
    Loss total:17lbs

Just saw the UAC now (have not been on the forum in the weekend)

But so far this month, everything logged, all days under (one day under by 10, but still under) and activity all days.
  • fromsoms
    fromsoms Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Monday March 5th

Logged: Yes (I have made my log public)

Calories: Under by 110clas (thanks to exercise, again. But I can't keep letting exercise save me, got to eat better)

Exercise: 400cals (light)

Weight: 211lbs

My weigh in day was today and a total unexpected weight loss of 6.5kgs (14lbs) happened. I had been weighing myself using my cheap $5 analogue, never calibrated, rubbish Kmart scales, and finally used the digital scales at the gym first time today.

Should be good news, but now means I have 90cals less a day now, and need to do 6% more intensity or longer time for exercise. Dammit, was enjoying a small portion of roasted almonds daily

Sunday March 4th
    Calories: Under, but I ate back some exercise ones!
    Exercise: Yes, 1hr gym time plus 45 minute walk
    Water: 90 oz and counting

Close to 2hrs worth, good dedication! I aim for one a week, smash session.

• karsei01
    karsei01 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Should be good news, but now means I have 90cals less a day now, and need to do 6% more intensity or longer time for exercise. Dammit, was enjoying a small portion of roasted almonds daily

Will MFP regulate this automaticly?
  • fromsoms
    fromsoms Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    karsei01 wrote: »

Will MFP regulate this automaticly?

I have reset my real weight, and my weight goal of losing 0.5kg a week on MFP, and it comes up with the new figures. With exercise I simply used ratios. Since nearly all of my exercise is weight bearing depending on my mass.
This discussion has been closed.