• transparentenigma
    transparentenigma Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    transparentenigma
    March wk 1
    Friday
    PW: 295
    CW: 294.4

Really can't explain this one other than stress + long work hours = me eating cookies and other crap. But the funny thing, did not touch the alcohol or the soda or the rice or any of the other stuff I gave up for Lent and the last set of cookies I foisted off onto my Godkids a few days later to get rid of temptation, I am not much of a cookie eater so I didn't think to add that to my list of prohibited food during this season, which makes me think my mind is working overdrive trying to find the bad foods that didn't make my list. I think I should just say all snacks instead of chips, cake and ice-cream which are my weakness... never would have thought to add cookies to the list :/ .

I will not beat myself up over this, I am going to try real hard to make it into the 280's by the next weigh in.....
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    fromsoms wrote: »
    My weigh in day was today and a total unexpected weight loss of 6.5kgs (14lbs) happened. I had been weighing myself using my cheap $5 analogue, never calibrated, rubbish Kmart scales, and finally used the digital scales at the gym first time today.

Should be good news, but now means I have 90cals less a day now, and need to do 6% more intensity or longer time for exercise. Dammit, was enjoying a small portion of roasted almonds daily
    Close to 2hrs worth, good dedication! I aim for one a week, smash session.

@fromsoms. A 6.22% loss in a week is extraordinary. By switching scales, it is likely your starting weight is over-estimated by a lot. Do you know how much the calibration was out? (ie. without calibrating the analog scales, weigh a known weight over 10kg - record the difference between the reading and the known weight).

We will have to leave it as is for the moment. I'd like to keep a closer eye on this as the competition continues. I just strive to be fair to all competitors.

Pretty sure your persistence through the weeks will have resulted in a loss, just the magnitude reported I am wary of.

Tagging in @DreamPhedre. so that she also knows what is going on.
  • fromsoms
    fromsoms Posts: 14 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    fromsoms wrote: »

We will have to leave it as is for the moment. I'd like to keep a closer eye on this as the competition continues. I just strive to be fair to all competitors.

@Cragio3154 NP Cragio, I just using the group for accountability and seeing how others do it. Didn’t know there would be winners, I don’t mind to be disqualified. Tbh the weight isn’t really important to me, aiming for lifestyle change. Only reason I use weight is to see how much calories to aim for…I even used wrong the wrong height, I’m 180cm, not 170cm!

Sunday, March 11h
    Logged: Yes
    Calories: 140 under
    Exercise: minimal 20 min walk, lazy day

• luvmy4girlz
    luvmy4girlz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Daily check-in: Saturday, 3/10/18
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: No
    Water: 50 ounces

Struggling with my water intake lately. Will be making that a priority the rest of the week.
  • tmanke78
    tmanke78 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    March 10th

Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise no. Saturday is usually a rest day,
  • tmanke78
    Options
    Username tmanke78
    Weigh in week Mar week 2
    Weigh in day Sunday
    Previous weight 224.2
    Today's weight 223.6
  • daloverlyme
    daloverlyme Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Sunday, March 11th
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Cardio.
    Water: 100 oz
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Username: Tayojmama
    Weigh in week: March Week 2
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Week's weight: 187.0
    Today's Weight: 185.0
  • tmanke78
    Options
    March 11th

Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes. 35 min on treadmill.
  • 7Natalie7
    7Natalie7 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    March 11, 2018

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes (Under)

I decided to take the evening off and go to the movies. I logged my popcorn, and because I planned my movie night, I ate fewer calories beforehand. This way I could enjoy popcorn without guilt.

Ya'll have an awesome night! :)
  • DreamPhedre
    DreamPhedre Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Sunday March 11
    Calories: Under, ate some exercise back
    Exercise: Yes, 1hr strength + 20min cardio. I actually ran! ...a little bit.
    Water: 110+
  • DreamPhedre
    Options
    7Natalie7 wrote: »
    March 11, 2018

Calories: Yes (Under)

I decided to take the evening off and go to the movies. I logged my popcorn, and because I planned my movie night, I ate fewer calories beforehand. This way I could enjoy popcorn without guilt.

Ya'll have an awesome night! :)

Awesome! Pre-planning makes a world of difference hey?
  • DreamPhedre
    Options
    TayJoMama wrote: »
    Username: Tayojmama
    Weigh in week: March Week 2
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Week's weight: 187.0
    Today's Weight: 185.0

Great week!
  • DreamPhedre
    Options
    tmanke78 wrote: »
    Username tmanke78
    Weigh in week Mar week 2
    Weigh in day Sunday
    Previous weight 224.2
    Today's weight 223.6

Nice weigh-in!
  • DreamPhedre
    Options
    transparentenigma
    March wk 1
    Friday
    PW: 295
    CW: 294.4

Really can't explain this one other than stress + long work hours = me eating cookies and other crap. But the funny thing, did not touch the alcohol or the soda or the rice or any of the other stuff I gave up for Lent and the last set of cookies I foisted off onto my Godkids a few days later to get rid of temptation, I am not much of a cookie eater so I didn't think to add that to my list of prohibited food during this season, which makes me think my mind is working overdrive trying to find the bad foods that didn't make my list. I think I should just say all snacks instead of chips, cake and ice-cream which are my weakness... never would have thought to add cookies to the list :/ .

I will not beat myself up over this, I am going to try real hard to make it into the 280's by the next weigh in.....

Hey you still logged a loss! It may not have been quite what you were expecting, and you got derailed a bit. Tomorrow is a new day and the last cookies are out the door already. You've got this!
  • DreamPhedre
    Options
    Anne0209 wrote: »
    Name/User ID - @Anne0209
    Week 2: 3/10/18
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    Previous Weight - 331.4lb
    Current Weight - 325.2lb

Calories: Yes