Britt's Goal or Bust OMAD Journey

Options

Replies

• EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    @brittdee88 I have started using a “lazy” power lifting routine. Low reps, more rest between sets (recover well enough to never sacrifice form) and heavier weight. Seems I am able to rebound easier while fasting. Guess this is a volume versus quantity of reps approach. No training to fatigue. Cardio is more walking and low impact exercises to focus on fat burning and minimal damage.

Watched some OMAD trainers talk about the subject and their reasoning. Lowers cortisol and promotes multi joint exercises, that are functional. Overtraining is a potential destructor of progress.

You also need to consider that being lean (yes, you are lean) doesn't provide the energy reserves to rely upon for energy when training intensely. Just a hypothesis.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    @EstrangedTiger Interesting hypothesis, and it makes total sense! I think you are right because I started eating more and am having a much easier time lifting. Cardio hasn't been impacted, but strength definitely is improving.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    I still have no idea what I weigh, but I have a major NSV today: I went to a Chinese/Japanese buffet and stuck to keto! I stuck to salad, steamed seafood, and sauceless hibachi made with chicken, shrimp, veggies, and butter. I walked right past all of the yummy noodles, sushi, Chinese favorites, and dessert bar. That place would've been a death trap for sticking to plan in the past, and I am SO proud of myself!
  • tlblanks1
    tlblanks1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome NSV. It would be hard for me to resist eggrolls at a chinese buffet among some of the other things you mentioned. You are doing great.
  • catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • EstrangedTiger
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    @EstrangedTiger Interesting hypothesis, and it makes total sense! I think you are right because I started eating more and am having a much easier time lifting. Cardio hasn't been impacted, but strength definitely is improving.

It’s weird, being a newbie...

Cardio was just a mental hurdle. I enjoy it fasted now, feel lighter.

Awesome on your strength gains. That is what we should be looking for, in my opinion.

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    That's some great will power!!! I love love love Chinese :p
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks so much, everyone!
    It was a little rough, but I am very happy I made it through. It was completely worth it to not gain a bunch of water weight, bloat, and have to restart on LC. I am hoping I will get into ketosis by the time I leave for LA on Sunday. I don't have the sticks, but I know the signs my body usually exhibits when in ketosis, and I am definitely not seeing them. I know it's probably because I have been eating too much protein on my active days, so I need to really get the fat in from now on. I am planning to have a "super keto" OMAD today, including buttery chicken thighs, collard greens, and a white chocolate mousse with loads of cocoa butter and heavy cream for dessert, so that should help move things along.
    TOM will be ending soon, so I am looking forward to finally weighing in later this week :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan! Good on you for the keto dedication! I'd love to but I'd never be happy, so it's a no-go. That being said, I really think it's a great way of eating if you can do it :)
  • brittdee88
    Options
    @mistymeadows2005 Thanks, Steph!
    I honestly feel like I am happiest on keto when I take the time to be creative because almost everything I could ever want can be keto-fied thanks to the internet! I realized this last time, and I still didn't do anything about it and fell off. This time, I am determined to be creative from the get-go, hence the white chocolate mousse tonight!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Love it!
  • EstrangedTiger
    Options
    I honestly feel like I am happiest on keto when I take the time to be creative because almost everything I could ever want can be keto-fied thanks to the internet! I realized this last time, and I still didn't do anything about it and fell off. This time, I am determined to be creative from the get-go, hence the white chocolate mousse tonight!

The desserts are better than traditional versions, IMO. Fat is just more satisfying to me.

All I need is coffee, cocoa powder, cream, coconut oil (optional) stevia and a shaker bottle.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options

The desserts are better than traditional versions, IMO. Fat is just more satisfying to me.

All I need is coffee, cocoa powder, cream, coconut oil (optional) stevia and a shaker bottle.

Get it girl! (and show us pictures l)
  • brittdee88
    Options
    I forgot to come in with my last rest day!

6/12
    Days until maintenance: 89
    Weight: Unknown
    Rest day = OMAD

by25k9u3vd4e.jpg
    479q1setbqbr.jpg
  • brittdee88
    Options
    6/14
    Days until maintenance: 87
    Weight: 140.8

I lost a whole 0.2 pounds in 2 weeks... :/
    I'm actually not that upset, though... I have been eating out quite a bit, and with the addition of strength training, I knew I was bound to maintain/gain. I doubt I will weigh again before leaving for LA with everything going on, but I did find out that I will have access to a scale while there (yay!), so I will keep tabs. I plan to only weigh after rest days from now on since I am always up after workouts. Rest days are usually Sundays, so I think my check-ins will move to every Monday from now on.
    I am not really going for a number anymore because I think I will be happy wherever I end up on September 1 as long as I continue to gain strength and lose inches. I only have 5 articles of clothing that do not fit right now, so my only real goal is to be able to wear them comfortably by the end of my countdown since that will mean I can wear everything I own. I am going to try them on every week until then and record progress here!
  • tlblanks1
    tlblanks1 Posts: 201 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    0.2 is good in my book...No gain is a definite win.

Your meals look delicious. Is that the white chocolate mousse in the bowl?

Can you share the recipe?
  • EstrangedTiger
    Options

Get it girl! (and show us pictures l)

Hmmmm. OK.
  • EstrangedTiger
    Options
    @brittdee88 Fitting into "new/old" clothes is so satisfying. May be the most satisfying feature for me, being so thrifty.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    @tlblanks1 thank you! It is the mousse topped with some sugar free jam.
    I blended together 2 oz melted cocoa butter wafers, 2 tb melted butter, a splash of vanilla, a cup of heavy whipping cream, and a few drops of liquid stevia. I whisked together the butters and vanilla first while I blended the HWC and stevia in the blender until very soft peaks formed. I added in the rest and blended it all together. I accidentally over-blended it (still adjusting to using it instead of a hand mixer), but it was still really good though the texture was off! It should only take a few minutes to come together in the blender.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    @EstrangedTiger I think Steph may have thought I made your comment, hence her response! :D