Britt's Goal or Bust OMAD Journey

Options
brittdee88
brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
I know, I know. This has to be the 100th thread I have created, but I am entering into a new chapter of my life, and I want to leave behind all kinds of clutter. That includes my old threads. I never would've imagined how quickly my life would become unrecognizable to me, but I am hoping to walk onto this new path with more focus and determination.
I am back to intuitive eating, which has naturally become OMAD with a small snack if needed (according to hunger). I will stick with this until I hit my goal weight, which I have adjusted to 130. I have been through so many unexpected changes, and my body and mind are crying out for some sort of stability. This is the last weight loss thread I will create, and no matter how long it takes, I am sticking to it until I am on the other side. I owe it to the little girl of my past, who was taught to both fear food and hate her body, to finally triumph.
I am not going to create a bunch of plans as I have in the past - I am going to listen completely to my body and its complex brilliance. I have no restrictions with the exception of limiting my meat intake to fish and poultry, the latter of which I reintroduced into my diet a couple of weeks ago for financial purposes. I am not going to decide now whether or not I will have splurge days or low carb days or anything of that nature. I am officially going with the flow, and I am optimistic that following that current will lead me to my physical and mental best.
Here's to starting anew and more importantly, finishing.

Replies

• brittdee88
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Day 1 (3/15): 155 lbs

Intake
    3-course OMAD:
    Small salad
    Roasted chicken, carrots, potatoes, and onions
    Chocolate dipped banana slices
    Glass of red
    IE addition:
    ~3/4 of a ruby red grapefruit with a spoon of trail mix

I live in a cozy studio cottage with a kitchenette now...
    h6ve3327f0sd.jpg
    ...so I make all of my meals in either my Instant Pot or toaster oven. It has actually been enjoyable to do so - a lot less cleanup and fuss.
    I have always enjoyed smaller spaces and minimalism, so this new place has been just what the doctor ordered. It's amazingly peaceful and surrounded by greenery, fountains, and natural light. I can heal here.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    That does look very peaceful.
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I like minimalism and smaller spaces. What part of the country is this from? It looks so nice.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Your place looks very serene. I hope you can get to your happy place, it sounds like you have a great plan in place. Thanks for commenting on my thread as well! Hope you have a successful re-start!
    Happy Friday!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thank you so much, everyone!
    I live in South Florida, Jim :)
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Thank you so much, everyone!
    I live in South Florida, Jim :)
    OK cool, I'm considering a move to the south in search of warm weather. Someday.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Jim_fbr wrote: »
    OK cool, I'm considering a move to the south in search of warm weather. Someday.

Best thing I've EVER done. I love the idea/look of snow and the four seasons, but I was downright miserable outside of late spring and summer when I was living in the mountains and the Northeast. Now I only experience the parts of the year when I was happiest, and my mood has improved exponentially with the ability to be outside in the sun year-round. At this point, all moves will be lateral (though I will have to go north first in order to move west!) -- I am never going back to the cold.
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi, Britt! Sending you hugs and happy vibes. :) A lot of what you wrote resonates with me, so I'm looking forward to cheering you on towards your goal! <3

Also, lucky girl @ living in South Florida. My sister lives outside of Destin, and I can't help but look forward to seeing her (since it means trips to the beach, hehe).
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm so jealous that you're in sunny warm Florida and also of your tiny cozy home!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks so much, Sunny and Brenda! I absolutely love living here, and I will probably be here for a little while, even after graduation (which says a lot considering I have moved 6 times in the past 10 years).
  • brittdee88
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Day 2 (3/16): 152.2 lbs | 2.8/25 pounds gone!

Intake
    5354f8rkkvgw.jpg

I made today's meal slightly larger to see if it would help keep hunger at bay. It seems to have worked, as I ended up eating to fullness instead of satiety, which should keep me from needing a snack later.
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, tomatoes and cucumber! Looks so good, Britt. :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Your place looks great!

One thing I might recommend with the intuitive eating. Just make sure you are getting nutritious foods in and enough protein. I usually eat those things whether I feel like it or not and the rest is intuitive eating for me in my eating window. I think you do eat nutritious foods so that probably isn't a problem for you but it is very important IMO.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Nice loss Britt :)
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks, Sunny! I love them both, especially cucumbers. I would eat one everyday if I could.

Bob, you are 100% right. I do try to make sure I eat a good balance, and I definitely try to favor protein as much as possible. I'm not 100% compliant with the IE lifestyle because I don't just eat whatever I am craving (because that would just be gluten-free pizza and cake 99.9% of the time), but I wait until I am hungry and eat foods that I know I will enjoy and will make me feel good, and I stop when I am sated. Sometimes I do eat exactly what I'm craving, but it's definitely not a regular thing.

Thanks, Brenda! None lost today, but I am hopeful for tomorrow.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    That meal looks delicious and should definitely hold you over. I was just given a whole slew of leg quarters. I plan on marinating some in a teriyaki sauce and baking for dinner tonight.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    @tlblanksfit It definitely did! I didn't need a snack yesterday. Teriyaki sounds amazing, and you really cannot go wrong with it. The thighs are my favorite part - so flavorful and cheap! I just picked up 4 organic thighs for less than $5 the other day, which is the main reason I reintroduced chicken into my diet. I am either planning shrimp and jollof quinoa or going to Panera for dinner tonight. I haven't decided yet how lazy I want this Saturday to be.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Thighs are my favorite too. Both dinner options sound great so you can't go wrong either way. Enjoy your Saturday.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    You, too, and to everyone else who may be reading!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Day 3 (3/17): 152.2 lbs | 2.8/25 pounds gone!

kdxi2max8qd8.jpg

Ate a little earlier today, as I started getting hungry around 4 PM. It's funny because I had settled on 4 PM as my OMAD time in the past, and it served me pretty well back then. Maybe this time will stick again.