Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Britt's Goal or Bust OMAD Journey

Replies

• tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    I haven't had shrimp in a while. I may pick up some this week. Yours look really good.

That is a nice table BTW.
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Yummy, Kiwi is so tasty! I love fruits that are both tart and sweet. :)
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Mmmm
  • aleroache20
    aleroache20 Posts: 106 Member
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Day 3 (3/17): 152.2 lbs | 2.8/25 pounds gone!

kdxi2max8qd8.jpg

Ate a little earlier today, as I started getting hungry around 4 PM. It's funny because I had settled on 4 PM as my OMAD time in the past, and it served me pretty well back then. Maybe this time will stick again.

That shrimp looks delicious. How is it prepared?
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,873 Member
    edited March 2018
    @tlblanksfit it was really yummy! And thank you -- I really love this table, too!
    @sunnycobayo kiwi is a favorite of mine, and it is also HEAVENLY dipped in chocolate. I am trying to appease my sweet tooth by eating chocolate-dipped fruits instead of an entire pan of brownies. I would've never guessed kiwi and chocolate would be a good combination, but it was amazing!
    @aleroache20 I made this in the instant pot with jollof quinoa. I prepared the jollof as I normally would and then just dropped the shrimp on top of the dry quinoa and liquid. They both only take 1 minute to cook in the IP, and all of the jollof spices and seasonings got pressure cooked into both the shrimp and quinoa. It was tasty!
  • brittdee88
    edited March 2018
    Day 4 (3/18): 151.0 lbs | 4/25 pounds gone!

8vz91kts07cz.jpg

Today is a day I ate exactly what I was craving. Couldn't make it past 3:00 PM, so I just finished this off (couldn't finish all the tomatoes and red bells). I also finished off my chocolate dip with this meal, which is sad, because I ate it all in 4 days! I have no idea how to portion this stuff -- it was supposed to be 13 servings. SMH. I don't feel bad about eating it all since it was what I wanted, but I just wish there was some left for tomorrow! I still have oranges, bananas, strawberries, and apples left over from my CSA box. I could always eat them without chocolate, but... chocolate. I may start making nice cream instead and topping it with that chocolate magic shell stuff. That should hopefully last longer.
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    Yum.
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 158 Member
    edited March 2018
    Hey Britt, glad to see you’re well. Starting afresh in your very cozy cottage sounds wonderful.

We are still here to support you no matter how many threads you do :) I’ve not got a thread now myself as I wasn’t in the right frame of mind to maintain it.

Eating what you’re craving is the key I think. Keep going you!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Britt,
    Your meals do look amazing. And you are doing great!
  • brittdee88
    Thanks so much, ladies!
  • sunnycobayo
    Britt, you're making me want fruit salad tonight! :)
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Looks like your off running, with your new situation! I am happy for you!
  • brittdee88
    @sunnycobayo I think I am going to have more fruit today! I don’t know why this is happening — I like fruit, but I have never been a huge fruit fan. It seems like I can’t get enough lately, and I am craving it again today. I wonder if it’s because I have started using fruit for dessert, and I have always had a pretty serious sweet tooth.
    Thank you so much, @sammygold2015!
  • sunnycobayo
    Fruit for dessert is such a great idea. Last week when our office was having some celebrations, I had a bunch of fruit as my "treats", instead of the cookies and muffins. I actually felt pretty good afterwards, like I had satisfied my sweet tooth. :)
  • brittdee88
    edited March 2018
    @sunnycobayo Nice! I just remembered in the haze of all that's been going on that I did spend one week eating no added sugar, so when I wanted something sweet, I reached for fruit. I had planned to stick with that indefinitely, but it didn't happen while I was moving and eating whatever was easily available. I may go back to that during maintenance, but for now, I am keeping it simple and just eating what I want for my OMAD. I guess the fruit habit stuck around, though, so I will keep up with that (even though I have it with chocolate). It definitely feels much better than eating the heavier desserts, though I am open to eating those again at some point if my body wants them.

On a somewhat related note, my cravings have been SO weird this time around. I either want a bunch of raw fruits and vegetables or things like nachos or chicken cheesesteaks with fries. There has been no in-between! The beauty of OMAD is that I can eat whatever for my meal, but I want to hold off on the latter for a while. As I have said numerous times, I really struggle getting out of the 150s, so I don't think I want to give into those cravings like I have for the raw foods until I am well into the 140s. There have been so many times that I have thought about how much quicker I should be losing (started November 2016), but going slowly has meant that I have left two weight "decades" (170s and 160s) and never gone back. Before, I would lose all the weight in a month or two and gain them back and more right away. It's like my "comfy" weight has been reset by going slower. Two years ago, that "comfy" weight was 179. I would crash and lose 20 pounds in a couple of weeks, and then when I fell off and ate everything I wanted at all times of day, my body would naturally settle back at 179. For the past few months, it's been 159. I have eaten crazily and gone off the rails, but I have not seen the 160s in over 4 months. So I guess my mini goal for now is to get low enough that my comfy weight will be no more than 149 even after incorporating some larger meals as I crave them, which I would assume is somewhere around 144, or 35 pounds down total. I am going to try to hold off on indulging in my cheesesteak fantasies until then, though I may not last that long. I am going to listen to my body, but it would be nice to be able to have a couple of big meals and NOT end up in the 150s after, especially given how hard my body fights with me to get below 150. I'm at 150.2 today, and I am fully prepared for my body to decide to throw on a nonsensical 3 pounds overnight as it has done in the past. Knowing that, I just want to make sure I have a decent enough buffer before I start REALLY eating exactly what I am craving.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    I agree I love fruit for dessert. I am a huge fan, and so ready for watermelon to come into season.

It sounds like you have a great plan in place to get to where you want to be. Stay strong!!!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Wow, Britt you are doing so good. I guess my body did one of those nonsensical jumps and I am now back up to 156 pounds. I won't sweat it though, I am staying the course and will see the losses come. It is just crazy how our bodies seem to have a mind of their own sometimes. I see you staying out of the 150's for good this time.
  • brittdee88
    Day 5 (3/19): 150.2 lbs | 4.8/25 pounds gone!

kuemoo1yt90h.jpg

I really wish I remembered how bad deli turkey is. Not that I'm a huge fan of the unprocessed kind, either, but YUCK to those turkey chunks! I haven't had any deli meat at all in decades, so I think I just forgot about that rubbery-kind-of-slimy texture. The salad was tasty otherwise, so I will be having the grilled chicken or salmon cobbs from now on.
  • brittdee88
    Thanks, @dkayingram! You are SO right about watermelon! I could live off of those, mangoes, pineapple, and kiwi! I wonder if watermelon would taste good in chocolate...

@tlblanksfit thank you! I'm scared about what I will see tomorrow on the scale, though. I'm hoping to at least maintain, but my body always wants to fight! These bodies of ours... smh. We'll both win at it this time! I also think this will be the time I stay out once I get out. Probably because I started a lot closer to the 140s than the other times I began new journeys.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited March 2018
    I love fruit. I don't think it has as much nearly the impact as refined sugar because of the fiber in it and it has a lot of good nutrients IMO. Food looks great!