Britt's Goal or Bust OMAD Journey

Options

Replies

• dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Britt that is awesome. And the chicken soup sounds yummy!!
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    WOO HOO!!!! 148s are here! Keep up the awesome work, Britt! :)
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, ladies!!! I am SO happy. I am now on the flip side of how I felt yesterday -- now I know I can indulge and still maintain control by getting right back to following my lighter cravings right away. This is good to know for maintenance, and I may even start having a meal like that once a week since I know that won't put on the 3-5 lbs I typically gain after a full-on splurge day. Seems like it would be a good way to vary my calories since my cravings tend to fall on opposite ends of the spectrum.

@aleroache20 Yep! I topped the apple slices with chocolate fudge magic shell! I don't really like the ingredients all that much, so I found a cleaner version with just chocolate and coconut oil that I may start making myself.
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for your whoosh! I knew it was coming! Keep on being AWESOME!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks, @sammygold2015!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Day 9 (3/32): 148.6 lbs | 6.4/25 pounds gone!

fvsz8f8k1oza.jpg

Man, do I love a big bowl of soup, and this hit the spot! This was my first time making chicken soup from scratch, and it was AMAZING! I wish I would've written everything I added down. The IP just makes everything so simple and flavorful.
    I had forgotten how much I love soup -- I am so used to being hot that I haven't had it in a really long time. The other day's turkey chili really got me craving it. I love how easy it is to add tons of veggies into one bowl. I think I will make a creamy chicken chowder with some potatoes, kale, and carrots tomorrow. Yummmmm.
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm such a huge fan of soup! It's just so comforting. <3
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Yay for the whoosh!!! :)
  • aleroache20
    aleroache20 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Soup looks yummy!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    And now I need to make soup!
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Outstanding progress Britt. You're now firmly in the 140's and heading down. The goal is in sight.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!
  • brittdee88
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Day 10 (3/24): 148.0 lbs | 7/25 pounds gone!
    Super excited! I hit my lowest weight of the year with today's weigh-in! I got down to 148.2 before my life went off the rails, so I am very happy to feel like I am still making progress towards being on the other side. With another pound down, I will reach my highest college weight. With another 1.8 down, I will be back to my pre-holiday weight/the lowest I have weighed in 4 years.

7klpx3xhqn1g.jpg

Naturally, as soon as I decided to go on a soup kick, the weather warmed up and my cravings for raw fruits and veggies resurfaced. I'm not complaining, though. I would much rather be warm and not need soup even though I love it!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Today’s weigh-in: 149.8
    This is a bittersweet one because I am SO happy to not be in the 150s after a larger meal, but I am now freaked out about how little I will be able to eat when I am at my goal weight. The meal was heavier but still relatively low calorie-wise (definitely <1000 and I didn’t even eat it all), and if that causes a gain, I can’t imagine how little I will need at 130. Exercise will definitely not be optional for me it seems!

I maintain eating a salad lunch and a big dinner. That works for me. I do exercise though. Really a person can have as big a deficit as they will do exercise for. My average TDEE is about 2700kcal. That does give some room to eat more than just a little.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    @blambo61 my TDEE was around 1900 last time I checked, but that was several pounds ago. I hope I am able to eat at least 1500 in maintenance, especially since I am determined to start lifting next school year. I don't count calories so I guess I wouldn't really know, but I would like to be able to eat enough to fuel body recomp if I do meet goal before then.
  • brittdee88
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Today's weigh-in: 146.6!
    I am astounded! I knew the stress was causing me to retain water, but I don't think I realized just how much. For the first time in decades, I also got over 8 hours of sleep last night without being sick or medicated. I usually average 4-6, and I usually wake up 5-10x per night. I wonder if that had anything to do with this number today. I will say that I have always experienced fast loss in the 140s, but I am still surprised considering the fact that I am down so much from my starting weight. I figured weight loss would be super slow now, but I am SO happy that's not the case!
    I can't believe I am lower than my highest college weight already! I used to think 147 was the highest I'd ever get, and I thought that I was SUPER fat then. To be fair, my body definitely looks WAAAAAY better now than it did then, which I think is because I don't have the wheat belly anymore. So with my gut, 147 looked pretty bad on me back then, and I could always tell when it was time to get back on a diet. I entered college at 137 and was determined to never go over the 10-pound threshold. After a while, 147 was my "comfy" weight. I'd crash for two weeks on one of my mom's diets and get stuck at 135, and I would stay there for maybe a couple of weeks before ending right back at 147 and pretty much maintaining there no matter how much I ate or drank.
    It's so crazy to think that goal is only 16.6 pounds away. This all seemed pretty much impossible when I started, but now it seems so much more doable. I have lost 16 pounds many, many times before whereas I have only lost almost 50 once before, and that was on strict keto. To be able to eat what I actually want (carbs!) and be this close feels like a dream.
  • aleroache20
    aleroache20 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you Britt! You're doing excellent. Slaying those goals left and right. KUTGW!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks, @aleroache20!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Day 11 (3/25): 146.6 lbs | 8.4/25 pounds gone! Over 33% of the way to goal!
    Trendweight (I am going to stop at 130 according to TW like @tlblanksfit): 149.9

m6oqvpbslmd6.jpg

Not pictured: a small iced coffee

Since I am in this too-hot-and-busy-to-cook phase and craving raw foods, I tried to make today's bowl much more nutrient dense. Yesterday's was mainly just strawberries and bananas, but today I added raw flaxseed, Greek yogurt, raw protein powder, and an avocado to my blend. I also crumbled half of a protein bar on top along with the raw trail mix and magic shell drizzle. I couldn't finish the whole bowl, so next time I will cut down a bit on the banana since I don't need it as much now that I'm using avocado.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Britt, you are doing so good and just whipping through the 140's. Your are so inspiring me. The 140's are reachable. The 150's has got to release its hold on me.