My emancipation from food addiction has begun!

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I had weeks where I lost very little and weeks where I lost more. 1.2 in a week is great! :)
  • DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    Thanks! it is not the weight loss rate i am concerned about, it is the mid day lag I have had, really bad this week, til thurs and friday when I ate really low carbs in my evening meals, then i did way better the next day. I hope this isn't an ominous sign of metabolic issues...
  • DarthWaderMT
    edited April 2018
    week 6 weigh in time! I have made a few changes I hope won't hinder my steady weight loss progress. I have added fat, and taken out carbs. I am thinking the carbs are what is contributing to my afternoon crashes. so far in just one week i am having small improvements in energy and alertness, it is also curbing my appetite more. I have also broaden my feeding window to include small high fat, low carb snack in the late afternoon, as consuming all my needed energy after my late work, and right before bed may be interfering with my sleep. i wish i could eat my OMAD earlier, but I dont have access to my kitchen til late, and I dont want to eat it cold, and in my car. OK, here goes, stepping on my new digital sale...what?! 175.2 pounds!!!! wow almost 4 pounds gone? I think the scale lies :) but I definitely look lighter, and my waders are feeling looser! sweet!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Awesome!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Wow wee!! you are doing great!
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    week 6 weigh in time! I have made a few changes I hope won't hinder my steady weight loss progress. I have added fat, and taken out carbs. I am thinking the carbs are what is contributing to my afternoon crashes. so far in just one week i am having small improvements in energy and alertness, it is also curbing my appetite more. I have also broaden my feeding window to include small high fat, low carb snack in the late afternoon, as consuming all my needed energy after my late work, and right before bed may be interfering with my sleep. i wish i could eat my OMAD earlier, but I dont have access to my kitchen til late, and I dont want to eat it cold, and in my car. OK, here goes, stepping on my new digital sale...what?! 175.2 pounds!!!! wow almost 4 pounds gone? I think the scale lies :) but I definitely look lighter, and my waders are feeling looser! sweet!

So awesome! We have discussed this before, but less carbohydrate works best for me as well. I’m just more alert and energetic. Hoping to repair my metabolism enough with OMAD so that “sweets” don’t ruin my day.

The look test is the best!

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Great job!! Clearly what you are doing is working...
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Low carb still helping?
  • DarthWaderMT
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Low carb still helping?
    I think so, it is going to take a few weeks more adaptation to know for sure. One thing I notice is I am really enjoying the food, and have lost all craving for sugar and carbs. will that last? still to soon to tell, but i am hopeful :)
  • DarthWaderMT
    MT's weekly weigh in, week 7 173.8 pounds! 7 weeks in a row losing weight, cool! I am going to weekly measure my belly too starting today. 36 7/8 inches. my goal is 32 inches.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Great results!
  • Brendalea69
    I wish that I had measured during my weight loss, Great work!!! :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Awesome results!
  • DarthWaderMT
    Thank you! :)
  • DarthWaderMT
    MTs weekly weigh in week 8: 171.2 pounds, belly 36 1/4 inches. Glad to see the weight still coming off, despite broadening my eating window to around 5 hours. Still eating the same amount though. I miss the convenience of eating it all on one plate, but eating all my food right before bedtime was interfering with my sleep. eating earlier would work fine, but I do not have access to a kitchen til late in the evening, and i would sure miss eating fresh home cooked grub!
  • DarthWaderMT
    MT's weekly weigh in week 9 170.0 pounds, 35 7/8 inches. Giving up on the big evening meal and moving to late morning to see if it improves my sleep. on day 3 and I think my energy levels are getting better, will take some getting used to.
  • Brendalea69
    edited May 2018
    Im the opposite, I sleep better with a full tummy. I hope this new eating time helps you sleep better. You're still losing pounds and inches and that's great :)
  • DarthWaderMT
    Thanks! I did wake up a few times last night, so yet to be determined. Ideally I would like to eat the big meal in the early evening, but work gives me no access to a kitchen, and I cannot resign myself to only eating cold and, or raw food.
  • DarthWaderMT
    MTs week 10 weigh in 167.8 pounds 35 inches! I think I am starting to get some of the other benifits of IF, besides steady weight loss, like more energy and motivation, etc... I think eating mostly in the morning and spreading my energy intake to 5-6 hours a day is helping, and I am sleeping better. I miss the convenience of stuffing all my feeding into less than one hour and being done, but health is my first priority. :)
  • Brendalea69
    It's great that eating in 5-6 hours is working for you, great work :)