My emancipation from food addiction has begun!

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Nice!
  • DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    My first week of OMAD is complete, I was strict with it , never snacking, not even a nibble between meals, and did pretty good. I got some hunger bouts, and was a little snappy at times, but the benefit of not having to make meals for breakfast and lunch far outweighs the minor discomfort so far! I started weight last week was 190 pounds, and my 7 day weight this morning was 183. I must have been retaining water weight, that I got rid of by fasting? I know we don't burn 7 pounds of fat in one week. But any weight lost has my worn hips and knees thanking me! :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Awesome!!! Yes the first week is when we lose the most, I think I lost 6. KUTGW :)
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    That is fantastic!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Congratulation on such a big drop. I think I lost "7" lbs my first week. I mean you have had a drastic change in your eating, and your body is like "what?". No worries, just our bodies letting us know that they were holding onto stuff that wasn't important.
  • Fonar7
    Fonar7 Posts: 39 Member
    Wonderful news!
  • aleroache20
    aleroache20 Posts: 106 Member
    Great first week and great job on sticking to plan!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Awesome report! Keep at it!
  • DarthWaderMT
    Thank you! :blush:
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Great first week. Stay strict and keep it up! It's well worth it.
    That is a huge amount for a week and the next weekly loss will no doubt taper down a bit, but that's to be expected and not a sign that you're doing something wrong.
  • DarthWaderMT
    Jim_fbr wrote: »
    Great first week. Stay strict and keep it up! It's well worth it.
    That is a huge amount for a week and the next weekly loss will no doubt taper down a bit, but that's to be expected and not a sign that you're doing something wrong.

Thanks! I will! Yeah, I am thinking if I can lose a pound a week, I will make my goal weight in 40 weeks.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I think that if you keep doing what you're doing you will definitely lose more than a pound a week :)
  • DarthWaderMT
    I think that if you keep doing what you're doing you will definitely lose more than a pound a week :)

That would be cool! I will keep my expectations at my lower level and be pleasantly surprised if i lose faster :)

I had some late work come up last night, and wasn't going to get home to make my meal, so I went to taco bell and ate two big burritos. when I was "dieting" that would have been a splurge, but at 1300 calories, it was not enough to maintain my weight for the day! I am so glad I now know it is ok to eat OMAD! I wish I knew this a long time ago!

• sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Omad is a whole new world!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    The wonders of OMAD!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Great progress during your first week!
  • DarthWaderMT
    I always wanted to eat this way, but was told it was bad for my health. oh well, better I found out late, than never :)
  • DarthWaderMT
    3u3ohc5d1e8j.jpg

got YUM? Yeah!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Congrats on your loss! Keep up the good work!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Excellent! Feels good, doesn't it?!