Sarah's OMAD Back to Basics

minigrrll
minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
edited April 2018 in Social Groups
So I've decided to copy @tlblanksfit and start a new thread!

I've lost around 33 lbs since May 23rd and I've become much too comfortable at this weight (mid-160s). I need to get down to 150 and then I can start to think about maintenance.

I couldn't help myself and weighed today (probably should have waited as it was a little depressing!) and I'm up to 167.9. I was 164.8 three weeks ago today, so I've gained .67 lb a week.

My plan is simple! Go back to basics - one meal a day and that's it. I have Monday and Tuesday under my belt and it was a bit of a struggle but not TOO hard. I also want to get back off the diet soft drinks - I'm quitting them today. Only black coffee and sparkling water.

My weight chart with it's depressing gain (I can't imagine what it would have been if I'd weighed on Monday!):

kbzzkvcu3dbg.png

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    you will get there. You're committing to a plan which is half the battle!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    You can do this Sarah :)<3
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Hi Sarah,

I am sure you will meet your goal. You have a plan and that is half the work! Stay strong!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    You have this!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Yay! You've got this!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    You can do it Sarah!
  • minigrrll
    Thanks everybody!

Weigh in today.... I feel like these last 15-20 lbs are going to take a loooonnnnngggg time!!

7brsqvny5tvx.png
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Sarah, it's a process and since you are starting at a lower weight, patience is required! This is a good thing! You don't have as far to go...

:)

Can relate on the diet drinks, sometimes they make me want to eat the junk food that was often paired with them. Triggers, triggers! They are everywhere!

What I am doing with my coffee is adding a spice like cinnamon from time to time (also cooling it before consumption).
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Sarah I think you are doing great. You will get there!
  • Brendalea69
    It's only been a couple days and you're going down so just give it some time, You got this!!! :)
  • sammygold2015
    You have this Sarah!
  • brittdee88
    You are already making progress, girl! You can absolutely do this!
  • blambo61
    Even if you haven't lost much lately, you've maintained brilliantly. Much easier as a starting point to make another push. That is how it has been for me also. You will get there!
  • minigrrll
    edited April 2018
    Thanks guys... A bit better today, though i dont really trust this weight, i think it will bounce back up tomorrow. I got very little sleep last night because I had to do presentations on three different conference calls at 12 midnight, 2am and 6am. Ugh. Not sure i made much sense on the 3rd call - unfortunately they are the most "difficult" group of the three! So I tried to sleep after 7 which sort of worked. And then forgot to weigh, so I weighed much later in the day than usual, hence the reason I think the weight is a bit artificial... Anyway...

np1do2zg8eod.jpeg
  • Brendalea69
    Even if you are up tomorrow, wait until a week has passed and compare the numbers then. I hope you got more rest last night!
  • brittdee88
    Oh man! Such a busy lady. Take care of yourself!
  • sammygold2015
    A weight is a weight is a weight. :)
  • minigrrll
    I did get more rest last night, it was good! My weight only up a teeny bit today. Tonight I'll probably have a few drinks though and tomorrow we will be going out on the jetskis and will have a picnic and wine for lunch, so it will be a TMAD day that day for sure...

54csg35izgsl.png
  • blambo61
    Good luck! You are 33-lbs down! That is fantastic!
  • brittdee88
    That bump-up was nothing! You're doing great! You will have a new goal date soon :)