Replies

• sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    It isn't much of a bump. You have this!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Wow, just realised it's been AGES since I've posted.

I actually have totally dropped the diet thing for my new jetski obsession (I get obsessed with stuff very easily - work, diet, exercise, learning piano, etc, etc, and tend to dump the old thing for the new shiny thing) so I've only been frequenting jetski forums lately!!

Anyway, things are actually going pretty well - maybe it's good that I'm just letting the OMAD tick along and not thinking about it too much.

My weight is down a fair bit, but I noticed that I was pretty dehydrated this morning for some reason, so I'm thinking it will probably jump up over the weekend. Not that I'd notice as I can't seem to remember to weigh at any convenient time anymore!! Trendweight is even being nice today and giving me a goal date.

kfy8ine9nmmo.png

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Nice to have a drop! Good job. Jet skiing sounds like a lot of fun. I've done it but not much.
  • minigrrll
    edited April 2018
    Options
    It's super-fun.

Here are pictures from Sunday. We went on the ocean side of Bribie Island and it was super rough. It was hard work (we came back on the inside passage and it was awesome - nice and smooth and fast). I had probably the worst DOMS I have ever had in my life - my legs, arms and back all at the same time and it lasted for 4 days. I am just today able to sit down on the toilet without using my arms to lower me down... Ha! Unfortunately we went with a large group and I'm competitive and totally was trying to keep up with the 20-somethings leading the group. Lesson learned!!

I always used to scoff at Darcy when he would try to persuade me that we should buy jetskis by saying "but it will give us a good workout"! I guess I was wrong....

2timz7jnzzbv.png

rrgyb5o5sdho.png
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Great drop! Love the jetski pics! I may be a bit jealous seeing that nice atmosphere! I totally need a beach right now!!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    dkayingram wrote: »
    Great drop! Love the jetski pics! I may be a bit jealous seeing that nice atmosphere! I totally need a beach right now!!!

Ditto, I'm totally jealous :D
  • minigrrll
    Options
    You guys can come visit anytime!! :).

It is cooling down a bit now - we wore jackets on the water on Sunday as the wind was cool. Still lovely in the sun off the water though... Need to decide whether we will buy lightweight wetsuits and continue skiing through the winter. I think we probably will, but I am tougher about cold temperatures than Darcy (who has lived here all his life and never even seen real snow). I think that if the daytime high reaches around 23/24C (74/75F), which it does most days through the winter, we should be good to go... We will see though, the ocean temps will also drop which might not be so pleasant!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Trying to force myself to remember to weigh every day - I do SO much better when I keep track. I also remember to logon here when I remember to weigh. I have set myself a reminder (though I have set myself reminders for so many things and I tend to just ignore them!). Still, it's worked the past few days anyway...

Trendweight has now moved my goal date to July - of this year!! I did have a bit of a gain overnight but I expected it as I ate well past the state of fullness. I was in physical pain from eating too much. If only I hadn't had that second helping of chili - it's like I NEVER learn. If I'd waited, like, 10 minutes between servings, I probably would have realised I was full, but no, that would be too sensible!

Really looking forward to getting out of the 160s - I think I've been here since Oct/Nov, so coming up 6 months, way too long...

tdkvmlork2zr.png
  • minigrrll
    Options
    So yesterday and today I FINALLY weighed in at a lower weight than at the point I started to gain/plateau before Xmas last year! Still not out of the 160s but getting close. Cannot wait.

It's amazing the difference that going from 165/166 to 161 has made to how my clothes fit. I can now fit almost all my clothes that I have been waiting to get back into. Well, I can actually fit into ALL of them, it's just that some of them won't look good for another 5lbs or so.

This makes me so happy - it's like getting a whole new wardrobe for free! Even my old jeans fit now (though I do have a couple of pairs that are one size smaller that are my ultimate goal). I haven't been able to wear those jeans since around December 2012 and they actually fit and are comfortable (just in time too as it's starting to be cool around here in the morning and evening)!

7m0quww5zk5q.png
  • dkayingram
    Options
    That is awesome!!! I love when old clothes fit nicely again :).
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    @minigrrll I’m absolutely ecstatic for you!
  • minigrrll
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Thanks guys!

Forgot to weigh today, but needed to report on how today we went out jetskiing and pulled up at one of the beachside bars we go to and i had soda water, no beer, no cocktail, no food! So proud!! First time I've done that. Jetski days are always 2 meal days for me and since we go out once a week, that is way too often. I think I was telling myself those days were special occasions (and they kind of were the first couple of times) which is crazy.

Hoping my weekend diligence is going to pay off and allow me to take the jeans I want with me to Europe the week after next. Right now they are wearable, but there's some unsightly muffin top going on that needs to be rectified before I will pack them! Fingers crossed....
  • minigrrll
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Well clearly forgoing the beer, cocktails and food yesterday paid off! I have finally weighed in at under 160!! I'll probably bounce up and down around this number for the next week, judging by past patterns of weight loss, but just the facts that I'm under 160 and for once didn't have a gain over the weekend are huge! Operation Muffin-Topless Jeans is off to a good start!

Also trendweight put me at hitting my goal 2 days after my 50th birthday!, I am pretty sure that isn't going to happen with 2 weeks in Europe in between then and now, but it's nice to see and i wouldn't be unhappy with hitting goal sometime this winter. Before our jetski/snorkeling holiday to the Whitsundays in September would be perfect...

x15zqb4xhsis.jpeg
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Love it! Great!
  • dkayingram
    Options
    AWESOME!!!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Way to go Sarah!
  • minigrrll
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Thanks everybody - much appreciated!

As predicted, I've bounced up a bit today, which is par for the course for me. Hopefully it'll drop back down tomorrow or the next day:

pauhx8lxkw4m.png

• minigrrll
    Options
    Yay! Two days in a row now, I've weighed in under 160. Not that I'm far enough away from 160 to trust my body not to jump up there again! :)

I have a feeling that Operation Muffin-Topless Jeans isn't going to be a success in time for my trip (I leave next Wednesday). I tried my jeans on today and the muffin top issue is pretty much as bad as it was last time I checked! I guess 2 weeks isn't really enough time to lose a whole top of a muffin. Ha!

xz7j78vltypf.png
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Sure are doing well!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Thanks Bob!

Still holding just under 160. We went out for dinner last night and I had a big dinner - chips (fries) and veggies in butter and a big vegetarian sandwich. Then we went out for ice cream and I had two big scoops (I usually only have one, not sure why I got two!).

40lkpfy6v7dj.png