TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (May)

Options

Replies

• lolakinks
    lolakinks Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Hi from İstanbul, Turkey. I've not been at MFP for a long time. In 2016 I lost 15 kgs (33 lbs), in 2017 my weight didn't change but this year I've gained 4 kgs (9 lbs) and I'm really upset about it. I just started to use MFP again. I'm 83.8 kg (184.7 lbs) and 164 cm (5' 4.5'') and 28 years old. I'm an academician and also a master student. I spend my days mostly sitting on a chair however, I started to go everywhere by walk. Every day I walk around 10000 steps (even I saw 24000). And I swim 1-2 day in a week, I try to make it 2 but should be 3-4. I want to lose 15 kgs (33 lbs) first, then maybe 10 kgs (22 lbs) more. But I used to eat junk food lately, I should change my eating habits. I want to lose about 5 kgs (11 lbs) in May, and I know that's really hard wish me luck!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,999 Member
    Options
    Hi from Colorado! I’ve yoyo’d with my weight but still trying to lose the weight and keep it off. I turn 30 tomorrow! Hoping my 30’s are my fittest and just keep getting better.

Hello, Tina, and welcome! I hope you have a very happy birthday tomorrow!! You have chosen to give yourself a wonderful gift.....the gift of health! Hoping we can be a source of motivation for you! Here's to your fabulous and fit 30's!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    lolakinks wrote: »
    Hi from İstanbul, Turkey. I've not been at MFP for a long time. In 2016 I lost 15 kgs (33 lbs), in 2017 my weight didn't change but this year I've gained 4 kgs (9 lbs) and I'm really upset about it. I just started to use MFP again. I'm 83.8 kg (184.7 lbs) and 164 cm (5' 4.5'') and 28 years old. I'm an academician and also a master student. I spend my days mostly sitting on a chair however, I started to go everywhere by walk. Every day I walk around 10000 steps (even I saw 24000). And I swim 1-2 day in a week, I try to make it 2 but should be 3-4. I want to lose 15 kgs (33 lbs) first, then maybe 10 kgs (22 lbs) more. But I used to eat junk food lately, I should change my eating habits. I want to lose about 5 kgs (11 lbs) in May, and I know that's really hard wish me luck!

Hello, and welcome!! Yes, being a Masters student will see you doing a lot of sitting! Good for you to realize this and to make a concerted effort to walk more and get in some swimming!! Changing your eating habits to include less junk food will just make you feel better all around!! You can still have some; just in moderation and within your daily calorie allotment! Also, very smart to break your weight loss goals down into manageable chunks... It seems less daunting that way!! Hope we can be a source of motivation for you to reach your goals!
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Hi from Colorado! I’ve yoyo’d with my weight but still trying to lose the weight and keep it off. I turn 30 tomorrow! Hoping my 30’s are my fittest and just keep getting better.

@Tinawhatsherface - Happy 30th Birthday! :smiley:
  • MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @Tinawhatsherface
    51655yto56h8.jpg
  • lolakinks
    lolakinks Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Hello, and welcome!! Yes, being a Masters student will see you doing a lot of sitting! Good for you to realize this and to make a concerted effort to walk more and get in some swimming!! Changing your eating habits to include less junk food will just make you feel better all around!! You can still have some; just in moderation and within your daily calorie allotment! Also, very smart to break your weight loss goals down into manageable chunks... It seems less daunting that way!! Hope we can be a source of motivation for you to reach your goals!

Thank you for your interest and advises :)
  • Addie378
    Addie378 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday!! @Tinawhatsherface
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge - April Week #4 (Sun the 22nd to Sat the 28th)

Winner's Circle - 6 or 7 days:
    @drea2011 - ALL SEVEN DAYS
    @Addie378 (6) - only attempted last week!
    @GardenMama129 (6) - back in the WC after taking some time away
    @katevt78 (6) - fourth week in a row!!

Notable Effort - 4 or 5 days:

@MelsLeanDream (5) - a public holiday kept her from the WC this week!
    @thedestar (5) - only attempted last week!
    @HASWLRS (5) - the weekend messed me up!

Attempted:

@Nicoletime4me (2), just getting over an illness

We only had 8 participate last week, but almost 7 in the Winner's Circle!! @drea2011 and @katevt78 were joined this week by @GardenMama129, a former multiple winner and @Addie278, a first timer in the WC!! Congratulations to all four of you for a fantastic week!!! Of note, @drea2011 was accountable for ALL SEVEN DAYS!!

The three who put in a Notable Effort, @MelsLeanDream, @thedestar and @HASWLRS, were only one more day away from being at the top. Great effort...maybe next week in the WC!
  • HASWLRS
    Options

drea2011 wrote: »
    Sunday weigh in
    Last week: 223.3

Today: 220.5

Woo hoo!!! Have a great week everyone!

And go Team Big Butts!!! We won March!!! Vintage geek your loss has been inspiring to be a part of!!!

HASWLRS wrote: Fabulous loss this week, Drea! See, I told you that you just had to be patient!!! Almost three pounds....very nicely done!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    primekayprime
    April Week 4
    Previous Weight: 222.8
    Current Weight: 228.2

It has not been a good week for me. (And I did so well the previous week!) I didn't get in very much physical activity. I did not meal prep and fell into old habits of eating fast food for the majority of my meals. I didn't log my foods but the scale tells me that I was well over my calorie goal every day.

Looks like I'll be in the 220s for a few weeks longer. Still, I am not discouraged. I recognize that like most journeys, this one will involve some detours. No matter how far that detour takes me from my path, the important thing is that I continue to find my way back and move forward.

Here's to a new week and another chance to move forward.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @primekayprime, love your attitude! "No matter how far that detour takes me from my path, the important thing is that I continue to find my way back and move forward."
  • katevt78
    katevt78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge: 4/29
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 6 mile walk
    Water 120 oz
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Hell everyone! My name is Drea and this is my 3rd month in this challenge...welcome to the team! We have the best members and leader ever! I’ve been able to keep myself accountable, develop better habits, and lose weight! I am very grateful to this group!
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    4/29

Exercised: yep
    Tracked: yep
    Under: yep
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Mini Challenge April 29th

logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes, raking, picking up sticks and a 35 minute Fitness Blender Video
    water: 3 litres
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options

Mini challenge: 4/29
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yoga 60 minutes & circuit training 45 min
    Water 128 oz
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    @primekayprime - Like you said, it's a new week. You've got this!
  • MelsLeanDream
    Options
    April 29 SUNDAY
    Calories - Yes
    Tracking - Yes
    Exercise - Housework 26 Active Minutes
    Steps - 6,590
    Water - 2100ml

Kids go back to school on Wednesday so I'm hoping for an improvement in steps and dedicated exercise :
  • MelsLeanDream
    Options
    Username: MelsLeanDream
    Weigh in week: May Week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 202
    Current Weight: 198.6
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Username: MelsLeanDream
    Weigh in week: May Week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 202
    Current Weight: 198.6

Okay, I was just about to shut this down, but I had to say "Welcome to Onederland!!" first!!! Congratulations on another great loss, Mel, and for reaching this milestone!!
This discussion has been closed.