Exercise: Yes, 5 hours of housework

• lolakinks
    lolakinks Posts: 367 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Username: lolakinks
    Weigh in week: May Week 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Week's weight: 83.8 kg (184.7 lbs)
    Todays Weight: 81.7 kg (180.1lbs)

I didn't expect this, but I had used to eat junk food before I didn't eat this week. However, I drank some beer this but not too much. Except for one day I ate below calorie limit. Still, I think most of this is water weight because it's too much for a week.
  • MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    May 4 FRIDAY
    Calories - Yes
    Tracking - Yes
    Exercise - Night Shift (229 Active Minutes)
    Steps - 25,528
    Water - 2200ml
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh in Week: Week 1
    Weigh in Day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 200.8
    Current Weight: 198.3
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    thedestar wrote: »
    5/2
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise 27 min aerobic stepper

Years ago I took a step class at a local gym and I loved it and missed it a lot when we couldn't afford our memberships anymore. So lately I've been using my Wii balance board and the extender that raises it about 6" to do some of the steps and routines I can remember. I also use my 1 lb hand weights. According to my heart rate monitor it burns about as many calories as a Focus T25 video and I can do it while my kids watch TV or play, or I can watch a show myself!

Very ingenious! Take what you have, take what you love, and combine them for a great workout you can do at home while watching your kids!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    5/3:
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes I went back for more punishment! Haha this class was 45 minutes HIIT (same thing though, circuits with cardio and weights). Everything hurts!

She went back for more...and still smiling!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    May 3
    Previous- 186
    Current- 187

May 3
    Tracking- yes
    Under calories- yes
    Exercise- yes 30 walk on treadmill

Love your attitude, Nicole. Still tracking, still exercising, even though the scale went up ever so slightly! You got this!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Username: Tracie_Lord
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 228.50
    Current Weight: 224.75

3.75lbs / 1.64% loss

Decent week I suppose but I'm so jealous of those with 3 & 4 % losses - how in the world!!!

When it comes to weight loss, you need to have tunnel vision, and only see you and your own progress!! No good will come by comparing yourself to others!! You lost almost four pounds last week! Focus on that, Tracie, because that is a very great loss!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Addie378 wrote: »
    @HASWLRS You have been such an inspiration, and as much as I hate to say it, I think I’m going to leave this wonderful team. I’ve recently found food journaling and Bible journaling to help me more than anything, so I think I’m just going to focus on them. With much love to all of you,
    Addie

Thank you, Addie. We will miss you, of course, but if you have found something that is working for you...then we are all very happy for you. Myfitnesspal is only a tool in a tool box that many use when it comes to losing weight, but if you are using a different tool, and having success, then we wish you the very best of luck with it!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Username: Coheednkimbria
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Week's weight: 160
    Todays Weight: 157

Woohoo! That is a fabulous bounce back after your hard couple of weeks! You should be very proud of what you have done....Not only losing three pounds, but stepping out of your comfort zone at the gym and doing those fitness classes! Apparently, they seem to be working for you!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    May week 1 weigh in
    Starting weight 226
    Friday 5/4 - 224.4
    Loss of -1.6

Nicely done, Tina! The week started with an "over" day birthday celebration (as it should have!) but did not end with a gain....way to get down to business after last weekend!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    Thursday May 3rd

Calories - Yes
    Tracking - Yes
    Exercise - yoga , abs,1.3 mile walk , 2.5 mike walk at lunch & shoulder day with my son
    Steps - 17243
    Water - 128 oz

Last weight 155.6
    Current weight 154

another very productive day stayed on Target all week
    TGIF

Great loss this week, Tami! Your posts are so inspiring! You can "feel" how much you are in the zone right now, just by reading! And working out with your son....that is so cool! (I am a little jealous, actually!) Is that at home, or do you belong to the same gym?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    okalex wrote: »
    Okalex
    Weigh in day Friday week 1
    Last week weight 168.0
    Current weight 167.0

Yes!! Nice work, this week! You have kind of been stuck in the 168 neighbourhood....glad you are now visiting other neighbourhoods!! I hear 166 is also very lovely this time of year!! You should plan on visiting next week!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    May 1
    Tracking Y
    Calories Y
    Exercise Y 46min walk

May 2
    Tracking Y
    Calories N
    Exercise N

May 3
    Tracking Y
    Calories Y
    Exercise Y 25min strength training

Two out of three days...and we all know that two out of three ain't bad! (Well, you may not...you're too young!!)
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    May4
    Tracking- yes
    Under calories- no
    Exercise- yes 1 mile walk

Were you close on your calories?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Rielyn wrote: »
    Rielyn - Weigh in May 4
    Last recorded: 201.2
    Current: 203.2

I am constantly one step forward, 2 steps back. I haven't felt so awful about my weight since right after I had my now 3 year old. I can't seem to find the motivation to stick with it even though I start off every day with good intentions. I want to do better, I really do.

You are still here, Amie! (I hope that's right?) That says a lot!! As long as you haven't given up completely, success is still possible!! Everyone who is overweight wants to lose weight, so it needs to be more than just the desire. You have the "heart", but the "head" also has to be there, telling you to make good good food choices and to move more. I know when I go through this, somewhere in my subconscious I feel it is going to be too hard to lose the weight, so I purposely sabotage it every day. But eventually, if I stick with it, and try every day, the heart and the head line up and I am able to have success. So, stick with it, and try hard every single day and you never know when all the pieces will click! Make sure you also wake up every day with a plan, a concrete plan of what you will eat and what you will do for exercise and when you will do it! Your plan will probably change several times throughout the day, but if you don't start with one, you can probably plan on failing for that day. Good luck...and we are all here looking forward to witnessing your success in action, once all of the pieces click!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    lolakinks wrote: »
    Username: lolakinks
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Week's weight: 83.8 kg (184.7 lbs)
    Todays Weight: 81.7 kg (180.1lbs)

I didn't expect this, but I had used to eat junk food before I didn't eat this week. However, I drank some beer this but not too much. Except for one day I ate below calorie limit. Still, I think most of this is water weight because it's too much for a week.

Firstly, congratulations on a great week and a great loss on the scales! Yes, if you are just starting out, it is probably mostly water weight, but that doesn't mean we can't get excited to see the scales drop almost five pounds!! Six out of seven days under your calorie limit and not eating the junk food....those are two VERY good strategies to lose weight!!! Keep doing those things and it won't be just water you are losing!
This discussion has been closed.