Did You Lift Heavy Things Today?

Replies

• loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    As long as you aren't picking up a 10 lb purple dumbbell!

Lol. :laugh: I must confess that part of my dumbbells include a pair of green 3 pounders. They belong to my daughter.
  • mdgivens
    mdgivens Posts: 206 Member
    Heavy things lifted last night:
    - Press (145 lb)
    - Chin-ups (me minus ~65 lb)
    - Squat (310 lb)

On Friday, I'm going for 3 plates for reps on my squat.
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Was given go ahead and started lifting again yesterday. Lost huge ground while I couldn't lift. Have DOMS today from over doing my level yesterday. Will lift again Wednesday.
  • This week is a rest/recovery week for me after New Rules Break-In. Still going to gym every morning with my wife, spotting her lifts and getting some stretching and light calisthenics in. Next week I start Fat Loss I, should be interesting.
  • Ragtees
    Ragtees Posts: 33 Member
    Back and Biceps last Sunday- Curls, Pull Ups, Row etc... + cardio

Yoga tonight- It may seem funny but this class makes all the difference in exercising. Keeps me stretched out.

Wed- Chest and Triceps + cardio
  • loulamb7
    Back to lifting today, after 2 weeks of slacking off. Today was upper body. Felt good.
  • dward59
    Worked abs, triceps, lats, shoulders and chest today. Last two are my weakest areas. Lot of work there. Easy progress, right?
  • mdgivens
    Worked abs, triceps, lats, shoulders and chest today. Last two are my weakest areas. Lot of work there. Easy progress, right?

Indeed, sir. I checked out your exercise log, and it looks good. Glad you got the go-ahead to start lifting again.

Heavy things lifted tonight:
    - Bench Press (192.5 lb)
    - Barbell Drag Curls (72.5 lb)
    - Sumo Deadlift (320 lb)
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member

Indeed, sir. I checked out your exercise log, and it looks good. Glad you got the go-ahead to start lifting again.

Heavy things lifted tonight:
    - Bench Press (192.5 lb)
    - Barbell Drag Curls (72.5 lb)
    - Sumo Deadlift (320 lb)

Outstanding! Keep going.
  • dward59
    Lifting night again.

Abs,

Row +20 lbs from previous levels.

Leg extensions, Leg Curls, + 10 from last level.

Leg Press

Reverse Fly (Cable) and kind of a Fly (Cable) (First time using these. No idea if my form was even correct, but wanted to add new items to break up the routine.)
  • mdgivens
    Heavy things lifted last night
    - Press (147.5 lb)
    - Chin-ups (me minus ~65 lb)
    - Squat (315 lb)

Three plates for reps, in the books! Base camp for 405.
  • dward59
    Started on free weights today. Worked back, shoulders, biceps, lats and chest. Some free weights, some on the cable equipment.
  • AllanMisner
    Started on free weights today. Worked back, shoulders, biceps, lats and chest. Some free weights, some on the cable equipment.

Outstanding! The first step is always the hardest. Keep moving forward!
  • AllanMisner
    Legs day. Tough one at that. I'm really trying to master the front squat, but just don't feel comfortable with it. Wrist and shoulder flexibility might not be what I need it to be. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Legs day. Tough one at that. I'm really trying to master the front squat, but just don't feel comfortable with it. Wrist and shoulder flexibility might not be what I need it to be. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sure you already know the drills on stretching so I wont even mention it.

Make sure you're not rounding your back in the slightest. Could be unintentionally doing it and when you do it makes it so much more of a stretch to get your hands in proper position bc your elbows wont get as high as they need to be. Keep your elbows high!

Past that I would make sure the bar position is right on. You should be able to deload to just the bar and do hands free ones if your bar position is right. Maybe you've got the bar sitting funky causing an extra stretch to get to it. Should be a good way to check that off the list if you can.

Wish I had more suggestions but in all honesty I hate front squats and will make any excuse not to do them. Good luck.
  • dward59
    Very probably my first day lifting since 9/8. Backed off on weight levels a bit, but started again. Abs, triceps, bicep curls, lat pulls, flys, back extensions, and trunk rotations. All Cybex machines.
  • I will start lifting Friday night with my instructor motivating me. Looking forward to seeing the changes.
  • loulamb7
    Lifted yesterday. Started a beginner's full body workout a week ago. Starting super light to get correct form down and avoid injury. Thanks for the motivation!
  • loulamb7
    I will start lifting Friday night with my instructor motivating me. Looking forward to seeing the changes.
    [/quote

Did you start lifting on Friday? What type of program are you on?
  • 58Rock
    58Rock Posts: 176 Member
    Kettlebell work on Tuesday. Then a heavy upper body routine on Friday. That works for me.