Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    That's amazing news👍
  • Eddy_65
    Eddy_65 Posts: 66 Member
    jadepearl wrote: »
    That's amazing news👍

Thanks! I hope all is going well with you.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Eddy_65 wrote: »
    Today I found a forgotten pair of size 32 Wrangler jeans in the back of my closet. I hadn't worn them for at least a decade. In the meantime, I'd been wearing size 34 relaxed-fit Levi's. When I was heavier, the fit wasn't relaxed at all. Now, they will fall down if I'm not careful.

Did the forgotten size 32 jeans fit? They did, and very well. More incentive to stay maintaining, and not grow out of them again.

Awesome!!!
  • catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    Awsome 👍
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Have a wonderful week ahead! :)
  • Eddy_65
    edited October 2018
    Latest weigh-in (last Tues.) was 76.15 kg, or ~168 lbs. Staying steady. I think I'll up the calories slightly while increasing physical activity.

Oh, my pants fell down the other day. I only have one pair of size 32s that fit. The rest are size 34s that are now too big. While wearing one of the 34s, I had just arrived home from the market and was standing outside my front door. My house keys were in one hand and my shopping bag was in the other. I felt my pants go but had no free hand to stop them. Zip, they fell right down. I just hope no one saw. :#
  • Hahha! This is a funny story! Thanks for sharing. Congrats on your success btw.
  • Eddy_65
    Hahha! This is a funny story! Thanks for sharing. Congrats on your success btw.

You're welcome, I'm glad you enjoyed it, and congrats on your success as well!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    You are on the mark, Eddy! Keep at it! You'll find your body will keep you at your current weight once about 4 months pass and you maintain. It's a good idea to gradually increase calories and activity, but only do so as your lifestyle dictates so that you can adjust properly.
  • Eddy_65
    You are on the mark, Eddy! Keep at it! You'll find your body will keep you at your current weight once about 4 months pass and you maintain. It's a good idea to gradually increase calories and activity, but only do so as your lifestyle dictates so that you can adjust properly.

Will do, and thanks! I'll be especially careful here, as I know how increased calories can lead to increased weight. I want off that carnival ride for good.

BTW, I saw your latest YouTube video, and, while I appreciate how life, interests, and obligations change, I hope you don't cancel your channel. I get a lot of good insight from it, not only regarding the last eating plan I'll ever need, but also life in general.
  • catuccifranco08
    👍
  • Eddy_65
    edited October 2018
    I'm experimenting with intake and exercise, as I have a standing appointment with the physical therapist first thing each Monday morning.

So, on Sunday I have TwoMad, which is my regular feed at ~11 am, and then, right before bedtime, a snack consisting of 200-300 kcal, with a good amount of carbs. The idea is to have enough fuel to get through next morning's session. Thus far, it's resulted in better performance. I'll keep everyone posted.

Hey, I learned about a simple (but not easy) exercise for the rectus abdominis muscles. Sit up straight, put your fingers on your belly button, and then push inward, as if you were trying to touch your spine. Hold for 10 seconds. That's one rep. Repeat 8-10 times.
  • catuccifranco08
    👍
  • Eddy_65
    Another thing I noticed since starting IF/OMAD: My credit card bills have come way down. I hadn't realized how much I'd been spending on dining out. Now, I rarely go out to eat; I find it better to cook at home as I'm in control of the ingredients and can better track portion sizes/calories.
  • DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    yeah for sure, it is easier on the budget only eating once a day. I can afford better quality food too now, like grass fed beef, wild caught salmon, organic veggies, etc...
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Eddy; you are doing phenomenally! Congrats on finding your groove and your fantastic losses. :)
  • Eddy_65
    katjustkat wrote: »
    Eddy; you are doing phenomenally! Congrats on finding your groove and your fantastic losses. :)

Thank you! I appreciate it!
  • Eddy_65
    edited November 2018
    Hi, folks. Latest pre-Thanksgiving weigh-in has me at 78.65 kg, or ~169 lbs. Holding steady.

For maintenance, I have no set schedule. For example, if I have an event, like a lunch with family or friends, I'll have TwoMAD. Otherwise, it's OMAD.

Most important for me, though, is awareness of calorie consumption. I counted calories and measured portion sizes when I first started IF, and now I've memorized the calorie content of most of my food choices and can build meals and figure the calorie content thereof in my head. I keep a running total throughout the day, and know when I'm getting close to the limit or have exceeded it.

That's it for now. Have a great Thanksgiving, everyone!
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Happy Thanksgiving! Proud of you!

• Eddy_65
    Same to you, my friend!

O/T question: does your user name refer to Auburn University?