Options
1235»

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Yay. Enjoy Gary!
    Robin, hope the interview went well. My husband ran into the woman who replaced him in his job from hell he left...he said she looked like sh!!it, bags under her eyes and she almost started crying. Toxic bosses and jobs suck!!!
    Real fall like weather all week but we're heating up this weekend. Yay...not ready to give up summer 😎 :drinker:
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Good luck Robin! Fingers crossed for you
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    The interview went well. Now it is just finger crossed waiting.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Good luck Robin!
    My annual trip to Mt Adams went well. We got rained on every day but we were prepared for it. Great campfires, company and food.

We leave tomorrow for a two week trip to Idaho where we will ride on Rails to Trails with our trikes. It should be fun but we will be with limited cell/internet service so my check ins will be spotty.

Until then enjoy life and each other! :flowerforyou:
  • rjadams
    Options
    Have a great trip, Gary!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    How fun!! Enjoy, Gary. I'm impressed you're so active on your vacays! I'm a blob usually B)
  • amcanzo
    Options
    Have fun on your trip Gary, sounds like fun!!

We just got back from our 5-year anniversary trip. We visited Mackinac Island - I haven't been there in years, still beautiful! Then we stayed in a lighthouse, just outside of Marquette in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan - that was amazing! It's a bed & breakfast working lighthouse. Also hit a Beer fest while we were in Marquette - oh my!! WAY too much beer that day!!! :#
    Finally, we stayed the night in Petoskey, just outside of Traverse City. Another beautiful location - Michigan gets super cold in the winter but it sure is a beautiful state! B)
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Sounds so nice, Ann! Any place near water is always a plus for me...throw in a beer fest and it sounds pretty perfect!
    I've managed to drop those 3 pounds I gained last month while on vacay. Maybe I can continue with it for the next 2 weeks until we leave again for another week...where I'm sure I'll promptly gain it back.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I needed to vent and I knew I could come here about this....

I bought a 6 pack of wine...you know..it's cheaper and was a good deal. the carrier thingy that they gave me collapsed as I was bringing it into my kitchen and 2 bottles broke. (Could have been worse I guess). One was red wine tho...and it went under this huge cabinet I have in the kitchen so I had to drag that out (Over 500 lbs) to clean.
    this day :cry: :grumble:
  • amcanzo
    Options
    Oh Syd, that stinks!! And also is alcohol abuse!!! :o:'(
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    It was like a crime scene! :scream:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Def Leppard, Journey and Cheap Trick concert last night :o (the husband owes me big time!) Didn't drink too much...partly because I wasn't interested in having to stand in line for over 30 min just to pee :D
    My ears are still ringing but overall I'm feeling pretty good today. Taking off Friday for a week in the desert B)
    Hope all is well with you lushes! :drinker:
  • rjadams
    Options
    5 year birthday party was a success. My little pony cake. It was nice to be in Vegas for 3 days and be with my girls. I didn't eat too much or really drink much at all.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    5 years? Impossible, she was just born a minute ago!
    Been real good and dropped another pound. So I have some wiggle room next week to enjoy vacay. Packing up today!

Hey Mama Lush, wanna start a fall thread?
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Just got back from our trip to Idaho. Rode the trikes on the Trail of the Coeur d Alene. Its a rails to trails and was absolutely fantastic. Good food, drinks, but the exercise kept the weight in check.

Looks like everyone is doing well. Will post pics later.

Good to be back! :wink:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Missed you Gary!
    I'm doing you lushes proud. Oy :drinker:
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Thanks Syd. Its good to get back to you guys. I put a few pics of the trip on my profile pics if you want to check them out.