Weekly Weigh In - Fast Diet / 5:2

Options

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Fasting today, weighing in tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Praying now and give your four-legged baby a hug for me...soooo cute!
  • tracym22
    tracym22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks, she loves a cuddle!:happy:
    Well, 2nd week and 1.2lbs off. I was a little disappointed as i really wanted it to be 2 to make it that 'magic' half a stone! That was until my hubby, in an unusually supportive way said 'but that's 6lbs in 2 weeks, you're doing well'. Well, if i hadn't been sitting down i would have fallen over!!! He is my biggest saboteur especially for snacking and drinking.
    So all in all i am pleased this week :happy:
  • lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    6 lbs in 2 weeks is amazing!!! I'm lucky if I lose 1lb a week ;)

So, it is nearly 3 weeks into this, how is everyone doing? (although I guess that depends on when you started....but 3 weeks since I started the group anyway!)

I've been logging everything and I'm absolutely appalled by the ridiculous amount I eat on any normal day. and also how little I move. It has all become clear to me know and is definitely the cause of my trouble losing weight. So I'm going to carry on logging until I naturally eat a healthy amount (between 1700 and 2000 to maintain)

I'm also doing 2 days of fasting (hopefully) back to back to reset my appetite. I've been having trouble sticking to 500 and I really need to dedicate myself to this if I want to be down to 185 by 2014.

Next week I'm going to Ireland to look after my Gran as she comes out of hospital so I'm going to fast before and after I go (Mon and Fri) so that the different routine doesn't ruin my fasts. and to avoid any questions I guess. I still adore the diet and find that when I stick to 500cals I'm more lively and awake and can concentrate better, so I do think I will stick to 6:1 after I've reached my ideal weight (139lbs) It is just so depressing as I havesuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch a long way to go!

Anyway, keep going everyone! Whether you are having amazing results or not, stick with it. I'm sure there are changes going on for everyone, even if it doesn't show on the scale. Did anyone take 'before' photos? Might be interesting to see the 12 week results in photos. I've got some from my highest weight so I'll just use those I think.
  • lizz2013
    Options
    Non Scale Victory....went for a walk to the shop to get some milk and work towards my daily 10k steps. Now, it is a fast day today and everyone knows the shop is DANGEROUS on a fast day! I was walking around for ages, but my self control won out and I just got a packet of 14cal crackers!!!! So often I've talked myself out of doing a fast day and eaten everything in sight...but not today!!

Yaye check out my self control :)
  • lonypony
    lonypony Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Yaay, finally after 3 weeks of gaining I finally can record a 900 gram loss this week.

Goal to lose 13 kg
    This week loss 900 gram
    Loss to date 2.2kg
    BMI at start 30 today 28.4
  • loui1234
    loui1234 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Goal loss: 11 lbs
    Loss to date: 3.5 lbs
    Loss this week: 0.2 lbs

(Three weeks 52, 6 fasts)
  • lizz2013
    Options
    well done lou and lonypony! Its so nice to have a loss show isn't it!
    I'm weighing in tomorrow and as things are going I'm showing a pound gain this week and last week, which I'm really not happy about. Last week was caused by overeating so I can only blame myself, but I've been much more active this week and getting more control over my appetite and mindless eating so I will be disappointed if I've gained. Hopefully I will maintain at least! I wanted to lose 2 lbs this week.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Goal Loss: 24-30 pounds of fat & flab...NOT muscle
    Loss to Date: Just starting=0
    Loss this week: Starting tomorrow=0

BodyFat% Loss: Just Starting=0

End of Week one 8-11-2013

Lost to date: 0...same weight as last week (YAY...that means NO GAIN:wink: )
    Body Fat% Loss....SUPER YAY--BF% down 2% @46...my BF% weight is 25%.

:love: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :love: :love: :love: :drinker:

End of Week 2 8-18-13

Weigh in report...BLAST! I'm up .08 pounds--that's the bad news. The Okay news is my bodyfat% is the same. The GOOD news is: My jeans are fitting my waist much better, there is a wee bit of room, where-as 2 weeks ago, I could barely squeeze them on. My stomach is definitely looking a wee bit smaller too.

:smile: :drinker: :huh: :ohwell: :huh: :drinker: :smile:

End of Week 3

Hi everybody! Today's weigh-in puts me .02 pounds heavier/a GAIN . Because I haven't been faithful/successful in my goals this week, I'm actually counting it a MIRACLE it's not much more. We had such a GREAT time yesterday and we stayed up after our nighttime family extravaganza (we had dinner of the BEST bbqed grass fed, small farm raised lamb, Italian sausages and various grilled veggies--we had the tiki-torches burning, the fire pit going and just had one of the best evenings this summer. Then we came in the house late and watched a BBC dvd we borrowed from the library about Mammals (David Attenborough narrating--looking and sounding so much like his father did 30 years ago.). Sooooo...onward and upward I go, with joy in my heart and a determined look in my eye--to CHANGE (inside and out).
  • lizz2013
    Options
    gained 0.8 this week and 1lb last week which means over the last 3 weeks I'm up 0.1lbs I know its because I've been eating too much and I'm hoping after time of the month it will go down (I always get crazy water retention leading up to it) so fingers crossed for a loss because I've been hovering around the same couple of lbs lost and gained for nearly 2 months now. Need to kick it up a notch. In case anyone is wondering, I don't stick exactly to the 500 cals, always going slightly over and I think that and eating too much on non fast days is the cause, so I'm going to be really strict with myself for the next 9 weeks! Need to shift this fat!!!
  • littlegem65
    littlegem65 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Goal loss: 20 lbs. (185 lbs. on the scale)
    Loss to date: I started 9 weeks ago and have lost 25 pounds.
    Loss this week: 4
  • CynthiaEvans
    CynthiaEvans Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I made a milestone today! My weight is under 180! So now I am 179. I have not weight that for over 25 years ago! Came fr 221 to 179 : ). I feel so motivated to keep going and looking better and better! It is hard work but finding the right low calorie foods and sticking with those are crucial to success. If you like ice cream substitute for your favorite yogurt or diet jello with a little whipped topping. I like the challenge for discovering tasty low calorie foods that I can just eat over and over. And I have been ZUMBA IT WORKS! Try it, you will get hooked! We have men in our classes now.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I made a milestone today! My weight is under 180! So now I am 179. I have not weight that for over 25 years ago! Came fr 221 to 179 : ). I feel so motivated to keep going and looking better and better! It is hard work but finding the right low calorie foods and sticking with those are crucial to success. If you like ice cream substitute for your favorite yogurt or diet jello with a little whipped topping. I like the challenge for discovering tasty low calorie foods that I can just eat over and over. And I have been ZUMBA IT WORKS! Try it, you will get hooked! We have men in our classes now.

You superstar you...179 is tremendous and I'm proud of you and can hardly wait to get there myself!

:bigsmile: :heart: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :love: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :heart: :bigsmile:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Goal loss: 20 lbs. (185 lbs. on the scale)
    Loss to date: I started 9 weeks ago and have lost 25 pounds.
    Loss this week: 4

Say WHAT???!?????? That is fabulous and I'm super proud of you...you WINNER you!!!! WOOT!!!

:flowerforyou: :love: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    gained 0.8 this week and 1lb last week which means over the last 3 weeks I'm up 0.1lbs I know its because I've been eating too much and I'm hoping after time of the month it will go down (I always get crazy water retention leading up to it) so fingers crossed for a loss because I've been hovering around the same couple of lbs lost and gained for nearly 2 months now. Need to kick it up a notch. In case anyone is wondering, I don't stick exactly to the 500 cals, always going slightly over and I think that and eating too much on non fast days is the cause, so I'm going to be really strict with myself for the next 9 weeks! Need to shift this fat!!!

Girl....08 is FAR better than 2.8 or something like that, right? It's going to take some time and like you said kicking our own tails in gear. I'm with you--fear not!
  • tracym22
    tracym22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Well it's been a long Bank Holiday weekend here in the UK and i have grossly over-indulged in food and alcohol. I'm not going to get on the scales until my usual weigh in on Friday because i know it's a gain. It's completely my own fault, on Friday i thought 'I won't be silly this weekend', famous last words :frown: It was also our 24th wedding anniversary so we went out for a meal, our neighbours had a bbq and our daughter was home for the weekend.

Well done to everyone else (big hug)
  • lizz2013
    Options
    wow you lot are doing amazingly!!!! how long did it take you to get down to 179? so proud of you all :)
  • CynthiaEvans
    Options
    Wow, so much going on, busy time. Yeah when we are "BUSY" we lose track of what things. For me I stick to low carb choices during that time, if there is cheese I go for it because it is filling and no carbs. If I eat carbs I will just crave more food until I am lethargic. So, meats, vegetables are always available too. It is about choices.
  • CynthiaEvans
    Options
    I lost 15 of it last year and the rest this year. But last year was like practice of what I need to do to stick with it and start exercising. I added Zumba this year in addition to the walking that I try to do daily. I recently added a 2nd Zumba for the week so that will really speed up the weight loss. I feel wonderful!
  • CynthiaEvans
    Options
    YES! lost 2 lbs this week. I am on a roll!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    YES! lost 2 lbs this week. I am on a roll!

How wonderful--you ROCK!