Weekly Weigh In - Fast Diet / 5:2

Options

Replies

• lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Ooh you're doing amazingly. I'm hoping that the extra exercise and fewer calories will help a loss is week, but still waiting for time of the month and still eating too much really. Hopefully being back at home and logging will cut back the calories. What does everyone eat on a nonfast day? I'm aiming for 1700 but seem to be hitting 2100 this week. Such a fatty!
  • lonypony
    lonypony Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Happy, Happy, Happy! I lost 1 kg this week. I hopped on to the scales this morning and it read 85.3kg I thought :noway: . So I had my shower and hopped on again. :ohwell: 86.1kg. So I left it for 5 mins while I answered the phone (naked & wrapped in a towel I might add! At least it was only my mum - would have felt not right if it was anyone else :embarassed: )

Well it still read 86.1kg. So tried and tested, I did it again and still 86.1kg. So 3/3 that is the weight I am recording and I feel :happy: Oh and not to forget total loss of 5 cm from my waist!

Everyone else seems to be doing so well too. It must be the weather!

Goal 13kg to lose - 11kg to go (to 75kg)
    This Week - Loss 1kg
    Loss to date - 3.2kg & 5cm
    BMI at start 30 - Today 27.5
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Hope all is well with you all. I'm going to take break from logging on the computer for a while, I'm not sure for how long. I covet your prayers--it is well with my soul! {{{{ Love and Hugs }}}}}
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Goal: just want to lose

Fri 8/2 Wt= 216.8
    Fri 8/9 Wt= 214.2 (lost 2.6 lbs)
    Fri 8/16 Wt= 211.6 (lost 2.6 lbs)
    Fri 8/30 Wt= 212 (gained 0.4lbs)
  • lonypony
    Options

Fri 8/2 Wt= 216.8

And what a great job ... well on the way. You are still below your starting weight
  • littlegem65
    littlegem65 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Goal loss: 20 lbs. (185 lbs. on the scale)
    Loss to date: I started 10 weeks ago and have lost 28 pounds.
    Loss this week: 3 Current Weight: 197 lbs. (Yay! I made it to Onederland!) :glasses:

I am so pleased with how 5:2 is working for me! This past week, I've particularly noticed that my "full button" is working. I used to eat larger portions and still be hungry. Now I have to cut my sandwiches and portions in half or I feel miserable. I also love the fact that can have treats and white flour foods and still lose weight. My diet is more normal than when I was only eating lowcarb. What a pleasure 5:2 is… :)
  • littlegem65
    Options
    I made a milestone today! My weight is under 180! So now I am 179. I have not weight that for over 25 years ago! Came fr 221 to 179 : ). I feel so motivated to keep going and looking better and better! It is hard work but finding the right low calorie foods and sticking with those are crucial to success. If you like ice cream substitute for your favorite yogurt or diet jello with a little whipped topping. I like the challenge for discovering tasty low calorie foods that I can just eat over and over. And I have been ZUMBA IT WORKS! Try it, you will get hooked! We have men in our classes now.

Great job on hitting that 179 mark! --- I so want to be where you are at in a month or two!!! You are an inspiration to me!!! :)
  • lizz2013
    Options
    So proud of everyone's progress :) Currently I have time of the month so I'm waiting for that to go before I weigh...but my portions are smaller, I'm logging everything and I'm cutting back on non-fast day calories so feeling good. Plus I've started doing blogilates workouts, so toning away :) Fasting on Weds/ Thurs and Sunday this week so fingers crossed for a loss this week. REALLY want to see a loss again!
  • lonypony
    Options
    So proud of everyone's progress :) Currently I have time of the month so I'm waiting for that to go before I weigh...but my portions are smaller, I'm logging everything and I'm cutting back on non-fast day calories so feeling good. Plus I've started doing blogilates workouts, so toning away :) Fasting on Weds/ Thurs and Sunday this week so fingers crossed for a loss this week. REALLY want to see a loss again!

What's blogilates? I am also fasting three days this week. Hubby's birthday today so accounting for that.
  • lizz2013
    Options
    I failed at my fast today, but I'm completely drowning in work and stress so it's no big surprise. I will try to have one tomorrow and on Sunday, but might only manage 1 this week. Feels like I haven't weighed in ages so I'm nervous about that but determined to wait til after time of the month.

Blogilates is a site made by this young girl, with lots of workouts based on pilates. There is an app and it has a calender with 4 or 5 mini workouts for each day and you tick them off as you do them. I'm really enjoying it and sticking to it so far...although not even a week in yet. The girl is pretty annoying but the workouts are effective :)

http://www.blogilates.com/
  • greenbirdsings
    greenbirdsings Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I failed at my fast today, but I'm completely drowning in work and stress so it's no big surprise. I will try to have one tomorrow and on Sunday, but might only manage 1 this week. Feels like I haven't weighed in ages so I'm nervous about that but determined to wait til after time of the month.

Blogilates is a site made by this young girl, with lots of workouts based on pilates. There is an app and it has a calender with 4 or 5 mini workouts for each day and you tick them off as you do them. I'm really enjoying it and sticking to it so far...although not even a week in yet. The girl is pretty annoying but the workouts are effective :)

http://www.blogilates.com/

I failed my fast today as well, I couldn't resist the pumpkin spice latte at starbucks, but its amazing so I'll have to forgive myself and try again tomorrow. As for blogilates did you see the dietbet she is doing online, I'm thinking of joining how about you?
  • luvsunshine1
    Options

Fri 8/2 Wt= 216.8
    Fri 9/6 Wt= 214.6 (gained 2.6 lbs)

Well, I definitely gained this week but deserved to so working on next week. (I may weigh-in tomorrow too just to make myself feel better since today is a fast day and I'm back on the wagon.
  • lonypony
    Options
    Well I gained this week too - 1 kg. Expected it. Over ate at hubbys B-D dinner (Thursday) and not had a good Friday either as I planned to fast then had take away BBQ chicken! Oh Well tomorrow is another day.

Goal 13kg to lose - 12kg to go (to 75kg)
    This Week - Gain 1kg
    Loss to date - 3.2kg & 5cm
    BMI at start 30 - Today 27.8
  • luvsunshine1
    Options

Fri 8/2 Wt= 216.8
    Fri 9/6 Wt= 214.6 (gained 2.6 lbs)

Well, I definitely gained this week but deserved to so working on next week. (I may weigh-in tomorrow too just to make myself feel better since today is a fast day and I'm back on the wagon.

Update - today's wt= 212.6 (after Fri fast day) so feeling much better about that. Of course I won't officially weigh in again until Friday so hopefully back on track. I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggles with a little yo-yo thing going on, helps to see that it's not always a straight shot.
  • littlegem65
    Options
    Since last week, I have lost one more pound. I fasted only one day and need to get one in tomorrow. Hoping for another pound to leave soon!

By the way…what is the actual ending date of this 3 month challenge? I thought it was November, but I have seen that others are thinking it is October.

Have a great week everyone!

:smooched:
  • lizz2013
    Options
    The end date of the 12 week challenge is 27th October. So we are nearly halfway through.

Who fancies kicking it up a notch when we meet the halfway point at the end of the week? Any thoughts for how we can do this?

I didn't fit in a fast day last week so going to do 3 this week to make up for it, and might try the no eating fast to see how I get on. Anyway fasting today and I'll weigh in tomorrow. Was fairly bad at the weekend though and haven't weighed in for 2 weeks so I'm scared of a big gain :( So far not lost anything while doing the challenge and I know it is my fault because I've been overeating and not moving enough, so I really have to knuckle down now. i want to be slimmer for 2014.
  • greenbirdsings
    greenbirdsings Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The end date of the 12 week challenge is 27th October. So we are nearly halfway through.

Who fancies kicking it up a notch when we meet the halfway point at the end of the week? Any thoughts for how we can do this?

I didn't fit in a fast day last week so going to do 3 this week to make up for it, and might try the no eating fast to see how I get on. Anyway fasting today and I'll weigh in tomorrow. Was fairly bad at the weekend though and haven't weighed in for 2 weeks so I'm scared of a big gain :( So far not lost anything while doing the challenge and I know it is my fault because I've been overeating and not moving enough, so I really have to knuckle down now. i want to be slimmer for 2014.

Good luck on your weigh-in!

I feel like we are both on the same boat, I have'nt lost anything either but I also didn't actually fast last week and I kept cheating the week before. I'm determined to buckle back down this week though with lots of gym time at a 4:3 fast.
  • lizz2013
    Options
    Gained 3lbs :(
  • lonypony
    Options

I am happy to kick it up a notch. Haven't lost as much as I was hoping. I have no idea what to do next .... I love recipes and add to the 5:2 recipe file. I find if people have new and different recipes it makes it more interesting and something to look forward to. Another person found a website which is full of not only 5:2 recipes, but paleo friendly, gluten free ones too. What if we all try a different 5:2 recipe and post it on here? Of course it doesn't have to be from the website itself - could be any recipe. Check it out anyway www.lavenderandlovage.com - its UK based but looks yummy, good and bad
  • lizz2013
    Options
    wonderful idea, lonypony. Thank you. Let's all try some new things and add our favourite recipe to the forum each week. Hopefully this will keep us excited about our fast days and not dreading them :)