Active in August

Options
124»

Replies

• Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,931 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're having fun with your new project Carla. Good to hear you are having some cooler weather and I hope the rain does help with the fires.

Mostly a work weekend, but got some things done around the house too. I made another batch of detox salad for lunches. I cut down even more on the raisins and currants and added a lot more parsley to this batch. Making it even more ETL and healthy! For dinners, I have usually just been water sauteing onion and garlic, greens and beans, sometimes other veggies like peppers and/or mushrooms for dinners, adding whatever spices seem appealing on a given day. Feel like I've really been back in the groove the past couple weeks.
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    It does seem like you're back in the groove, Mihani! That must feel good.

Yesterday I was feeling a bit down and lethargic, I didn't accomplish much. Today should be better. I'm going to fit in some cleaning time to get our house looking good again. It tends to make a big difference in my moods. It isn't bad, but it is time for a vacuum & mop, and some weekly type maintenance that I usually let go a few weeks.
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Carla - House work :s , I need to put some motivational music on and get it done.

Played tennis this morning with a new group of women that invited me to play on their USTA team. I can feel the difference of just going out to play versus losing weight and getting in shape and hitting the ball with new muscles. My shoulders and biceps hurt after yesterdays swim. We can swim on base for free and there is a 50 M pool...with 5 lap lanes. Much harder than a 25 m pool. Plus they have a current in the pool for water slides on one end so there is built in resistance to swim against.

Came home and very hangry. Made a big spinach salad with sautéed mushrooms, zucchini, cabbage, balsamic glaze and pine nuts. Topped it off with 2 avocados (small 2 ounce ones from TJ).

Dinner tonight, another mixed grain spinach salad with the falafels.
  • CoffeeandHumblePie
    CoffeeandHumblePie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    First day of training under my belt. My brain is numb from 6+ hours of computer modules! I chose the salad bar for lunch so felt great until the last hour, then I tanked. I know this will improve, so on to day two.
  • Mihani
    Options
    I can't seem to make much headway on my housekeeping, Carla. It is so far behind (like everything else in my life) that it's too overwhelming. I have been trying to tackle one room here and there and maybe in another year or two I'll have it done! Hope you felt better today.

That's a big swimming pool Donna... as always, so impressed with your fitness regimen. Spinach salad sounds good.

Glad the first day went okay Jacquie. Training on new processes is always tedious and frustrating to me. I get bored if things aren't moving along quickly. Great job on lunch today.

Still in the ETL groove here!
  • bisky
    Options
    Mihani - I hate housework...I have to put some loud music on. I make a little list of the top 3 things I have to clean (example: bathroom, kitchen sink and put laundry away). Sometimes I will stop with the 3 things but usually I keep going. Today was vacuum & mop, clean 1 bathroom and dust....got it done as well as dishes, laundry and cleaned off kitchen table. I have to have small goals that don't make me feel exhausted.

Making falafels today, steaming brown rice for the week and then cutting up a few veggies to add to this. Brooks has been back on board and dropped 5lbs in one week. Sigh.

Good job Jacquie on your first day....I am sure it was tiring.
  • CoffeeandHumblePie
    Options
    I'm on day three of training and today was job shadowing. I don't believe that I'm the right fit for this specific position. The software program I'm to learn and use is complicated and the work environment is loud and chaotic. I simply do not function well with lots of noise and busyness and it was not a factor that I anticipated being an issue. To give perspective, our check-in desk saw 400 patients today, our neighboring desk had 37. I've visited this clinic for years and have never experienced the likes of what this staff handled today. I was absolutely flabbergasted. It didn't help that my trainer was not told that I was coming and was not happy to be stuck with me while trying to deal with so many patients. I'm going to complete software training and give this some stiff thought over the long weekend.

In the meantime, food is on the back burner. My daughter and husband have been cooking the evening meals, I'm eating a healthy plant based breakfast and lunches have been whatever I can grab.

Looking forward to the weekend to mull things over!
  • Mihani
    Options
    Sorry to hear the job doesn't seem like a good fit Jacquie. I wouldn't like the chaos either. Our office is really pretty quiet since there are just 3 of us, but on days when we have back to back appointments and the phone is going crazy I still get a little ragey.

How'd your falafel turn out Donna? Congrats to Brooks, but ugh that is frustrating how quickly men can drop weight. And they don't bounce up 5 pounds just because they ate something salty yesterday!

Speaking of salty, I had a few handfuls of cauliflower puffs today. They were pretty good, although they have oil and definitely not ETL. I don't think they were worth going off ETL over and left them in the office snack cabinet for others to finish off. I am allowing myself 1 or 2 non-ETL indulgences a week (if I want them), and I feel kind of sad now, that I blew a treat allowance on those.

Making up for it with dinner. I made a huge skillet full of kale and spinach sprinkled with a few spices and some coconut aminos, and will have some watermelon.
  • CoffeeandHumblePie
    Options
    Today was a much better day of software training. We had a very personable trainer and I felt I had a better handle on program processes. Now if my desk trainer is in better temperament this coming week I might just make it over the hump and stick to it.

I've got scads of produce in the fridge that I need to eat up this weekend - things I didn't eat during the week as originally planned. I've got four days to get on track before returning to work on Tuesday!
  • bisky
    Options
    Jacquie just take one day at a time. I admire you for the new skills you are learning and the challenge you are taking with a new job. It is not easy.

I baked it a little too long and dried it out but it still tasted okay. The first time I hit it right on the mark.

News flash!!!! International Pet Sitter has another gig. Sarah the Vet. in Italy wants to go to England for 5 days...she has almost two weeks off so she is buying me a ticket as there is no one she trusts to take care of her dogs. She does not have children and it is worth it for her to have "Mom" come watch the kids. If I could have had a daughter, she would have been it. Anyways...this means walking 4 dogs 2-3 times a day, swimming in the beautiful clean indoor pool I first started swimming in and vegetarian pizzas that are to die for...I will have to hike a lot.

I modified a recipe for fruit oatmeal breakfast bake with almond milk instead of reg. milk. Brooks loved it. It does have honey and egg in it but here is the recipe: https://www.skinnytaste.com/baked-oatmeal-with-blueberries-and/
  • Mihani
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome you are getting another trip to Italy, Donna!