caitlynns727 Posts: 80 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Username: caitlynns727
    Weigh in Day: Wednesday
    Week: #1
    Previous Weight: 177.9
    Current Weight: 179.8

I anticipated this gain. Still annoying, but not overly upset about it!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Sept 5
    Exercise: Yes, hauling rocks for yard and other odd jobs, moving furniture for carpet cleaners
    Calories: No
    Tracked: Yes

• hayleymace90
    hayleymace90 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Username: hayleymace90
    Weigh in week: Week 1, September 5
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous weight: 19?
    Today's weight: 193

Sorry I didn’t post this yesterday but here are my results I can’t remember what I was last week
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    User name: grebber1
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous week 362
    This week: 362
    Usually this is where I get upset that I didn't lose anything but I actually did. Rough Holliday weekend put me up so I'm happy to be back where I started. Now time to get out of the 360s
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    September 6
    Exercise Yes (cleaning)
    Tracked Yes
    Calories Yes
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options

Thanks for the update @caitlynns727 . It looks like your name isn't on the Sept spreadsheet for some reason, but I'll add in the info when it gets sorted out.
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    Sept 5
    Exercise: Yes, hauling rocks for yard and other odd jobs, moving furniture for carpet cleaners

@Rocknut53 I thought the name "Rocknut" meant you were into hiking and climbing, but now I see hauling rocks is part of it, too! :smile: Nothing like taking care of yard and house work to make you grateful for functional strength, right?
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Username: hayleymace90
    Weigh in week: Week 1, September 5
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous weight: 19?
    Today's weight: 193

Sorry I didn’t post this yesterday but here are my results I can’t remember what I was last week

@hayleymace90 Looks like the spreadsheet has you down for 193lbs last week, too. Maybe keep a note on your computer with your weekly weigh-ins, just for your own records? (I weigh daily, and track the weekly average for myself, too, just because I like numbers and the weekly average is more reliably downward trending than the Monday weigh ins only!)
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    grebber1 wrote: »
    User name: grebber1
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous week 362
    This week: 362
    Usually this is where I get upset that I didn't lose anything but I actually did. Rough Holliday weekend put me up so I'm happy to be back where I started. Now time to get out of the 360s

You've got the right attitude, @grebber1 ! Stay on track with your food and get the activity in, and the scale will catch up with you.
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Happy Thursday! Today's weigh-in day for:

@cjscoey
    @Colleen790 (gotcha already)
    @grebber1 (ditto)
    @peacekeace

I've still got a couple of blank spots from earlier this week. If you posted your weigh-in and I missed it this week, would you mind sending me a little reminder? Here's who I'm looking for:

@jaygirl3
    @cheeso1
    @Clarkski262
    @Sophiegreeny
  • Bendiz_
    Bendiz_ Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Sept 5th
    Exercised: Yes. Didn't do daily challenge.
    Calories under: Yes, 200 cals under.
    Tracked: Yes.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »

Thanks for the update @caitlynns727 . It looks like your name isn't on the Sept spreadsheet for some reason, but I'll add in the info when it gets sorted out.

@LesIckaBod. Fixed.

@caitlynns727. You have now been re-added to the spreadsheet. Don't know how you were dropped off.

Don't be concerned about the gain last week. Even if doing everything right it can happen. You are still over 4lbs down from the start of last month even with the gain last week.

As said a number of times, it's a marathon, not a sprint. Weight can easily vary by more than 2 lbs in a DAY just based on water.

I find lack of sleep usually has a gain too. Sleep is important (says he who is typing this at 1:00am :( ).
  • edising
    edising Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have a question: I have never tracked on a daily basis and then averaged the weight for the week. I have used only my "weigh in day" weight. I can see benefits to the average method. What does the group think - daily average, or once a week only, and why?
  • craigo3154
    Options
    September 5
    Exercised?: Yes. 3km in 24 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Busy work day at home today. Lots of work on a number of clients including Spain.

Parent teacher interviews meant short day that was made up afterwards (so long day with a break for tea and interviews). Daughter is doing OK at school. She is very bright, passing all subjects and excelling in the ones she loves. However, as she is on the ASD spectrum, education (and particularly social interaction) is a challenge. (The ASD I'm sure comes from me).

Late night (and no post) yesterday was my own fault. Got a new game console (Nintendo Switch). I have played every Zelda game through to 100% completion, but was waiting for the price on the switch to drop a little before getting one for the latest Zelda (Breath of the Wind). Excellent game and was a victim of "I'll just do this bit.. and this bit.."

Zelda as a game is story heavy and combat light. I like games with a good story that takes more than 20 hours to complete. Zelda games are generally North of 40 hours in a first play through. This one looks more like over 100+.

September 6
    Exercised?: Yes. 3km in 23 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Busy work day at home today. Quick walk before dark and rain.

Work has "finally" authorised the travel for Spain so that is now booked. My Spanish is being put to use. Most written communication is now in Spanish. Just my spoken Spanish will take quite a while to get up to speed. (Still doing German and Japanese).

Too much Zelda again tonight.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for September 06 is door frame rows ()

3 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)
    • Third set

The reason for this exercise is push ups and dips work primarily the triceps (pushing). This exercise balances the others by working the biceps (pulling).
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    edising wrote: »
    I have a question: I have never tracked on a daily basis and then averaged the weight for the week. I have used only my "weigh in day" weight. I can see benefits to the average method. What does the group think - daily average, or once a week only, and why?

@edising I personally only report my "weigh in day" weight here. But, knowing my average keeps me sane and/or smug, even if only I know about it. So, if my weigh-in day weight is a little high, but I know my weight is down for the week, I can soldier on, knowing that I'm on the right track still.

I'm new to captaincy, but I think as long as you're consistent with what you report here, you can choose either your weigh-in weight or your week's average -- we run on the honor system, after all. :smile:
  • Rocknut53
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    Sept 5

@Rocknut53 I thought the name "Rocknut" meant you were into hiking and climbing, but now I see hauling rocks is part of it, too! :smile: Nothing like taking care of yard and house work to make you grateful for functional strength, right?

The reality: I'm a geologist, but yea, everything else fits, except the climbing part. I am a has been when it comes to climbing.
  • KillaLindzilla
    KillaLindzilla Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have a question. Tomorrow is my week 1 weigh in. What do I use as my starting weight? Is it my weight as of September first, or is it my weight when I signed up for the challenge which if I recall correctly was August 28th?
  • craigo3154
    Options
    I have a question. Tomorrow is my week 1 weigh in. What do I use as my starting weight? Is it my weight as of September first, or is it my weight when I signed up for the challenge which if I recall correctly was August 28th?

@KillaLindzilla. Ideally your weight on August 31st (if you know it) is your starting weight. The weight you signed up with on August 27th is fine if you don't. August 27th is within the week of 26th August to 1st September.

Don't stress it too much. For a lot of people weight is a huge stressful mind game. Most know that weight is only a number, not a personal defining quality. However, it takes a long time to "feel" that this is the case.
  • Rocknut53
    Options
    September 6
    Exercised: House cleaning :s
    Calories: Not a good day :'(
This discussion has been closed.