• mycocoabubbles
    mycocoabubbles Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Username: mycocoabubbles
    Weigh in Week: September Week 1
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 229.8
    Today's Weight: 228.4
    This is for yesterday. I forgot to log it.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    September 4
    Exercised: Yes, 4.3 mile hike with 1640 feet elevation gain (my typical 3x/week workout)
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Yes
  • caitlynns727
    caitlynns727 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    September 4
    Exercise: Yes - volleyball practice and 9round

I was grocery shopping with my husband today and he always has to grab little Debbie snacks (he currently is trying to gain weight because of his job) and normally I stare longingly at them. Today I wasn't even interested! I'm glad that I'm finally not as reliant on sugary foods as I have been in the past!
  • Be_Lively
    Be_Lively Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Sept 4
    Exercise: No

Happy to be staying on track 👌
    Keep kicking butt everyone!

• eevang
    eevang Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Late to the party, but I'm still here lol! Yes, @LesIckaBod, school had me distracted. I didn't even realize how many days I'd been away from the Community Boards (still been logging strong, though).

Hi, all! I'm Elise, a mid-twenties English teacher living in Va with Aspen, my maltese mix furbaby. I’ve been a part of this team since January.

I'm not traditionally a fan of exercise, but I am now addicted to it. I started small with the optional challenges and have built up my strength ever since. I always focus on enjoying myself at the gym. I take it easy when I feel like it and spend the vast majority of my time on the elliptical. Mixing it up is great, but I make sure to focus on feeling good so the gym remains a positive experience. I generally work out for 45+ minutes 6+ days a week. Just for fun! And so you know how far I've come--I was picked last in PE all the time and came in dead last in a middle school running competition...slowest of over 200 students. You, too, can come far with regards to exercise.

I am very committed to tracking my calories and keeping under my calorie goal. I began my weight loss journey October 30 and have lost close to 60 pounds to date. I've been using HealthyWage and DietBet to keep on track.

My life has turned around during this journey. I set out on it to lose weight and be healthier. I didn't realize just how much my mindset would change or how confident I would become. I lost my confidence once I hit puberty and started developing (gosh, I hated my thighs with a passion). I was a normal weight at the time but years of negative thinking took their toll.

Now, I love my thighs. They aren't perfect but I've worked hard and am proud of my body. I've never appreciated my body or its strength as an adult so this is all new and exciting! The last time I had a healthy body image was childhood.

I'm happy to see some old faces and excited to get to know our newest additions! Welcome to our awesome group!
  • eevang
    eevang Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Username: eevang
    Previous Weight: 163.4
    Today's Weight: 163.2

Not a huge loss, but it's been a stressful week with a little extra strength training and a little extra ice cream lol.

Still...my weight has been creeping down a bit more slowly lately. I'm thinking it's time to re-crunch some numbers. The closer I get to my goals, the more difficult the loss will be.

That being said, I'm absolutely shrinking in size and gaining muscle. It's an awesome feeling!

My big goal of being within the normal weight range is about 15 pounds away!! I can't wait!

I'm still 100% committed to losing weight until I reach my goals...but I don't feel the rush I used to feel. I think I'm sort of at peace with my body. I want to reach optimal health, so I'm still working towards a goal, but I no longer am dying to change my body. So if my pace slows a bit...it's not the end of the world. So long as I keep losing.
  • Bendiz_
    Bendiz_ Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Sep 4th
    Exercised: Yes. Didn't do the daily challenge.
    Calories under: Yes
    Tracked: Yes, and much better on the carbs today :smiley:

Headed off to the gym right now. Hope everyone has a wonderful day <3
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    September 5
    Exercised Yes
    Tracked Yes
    Calories Yes
    Did a 30 minute workout and the sit-ups also.
    Feeling a bit sore from the squats!
    Weigh in Thursday.
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Username: inshapeCK
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Wednesday (this week I had to weigh in on Tuesday as no access to a scale on Wednesday)
    Previous weight: 144.7 pounds
    Today's weight: 145.2 pounds

Up 0.5 pounds. Obviously never happy about a gain but not fretting about it as it's only half a pound and I had to weigh in early this week and other than indulging in brownies and Munchies snack mix this past week I ate my fruit and veggies. Will try to get it back off for next week's weigh in. Plus I was down 2.9 pounds over the course of the previous 2 weeks so even with a 0.5 pound gain this week I am still down 2.4 pounds since August 22nd. Also still down 24.9 pounds from my highest weight but want to see 25.something again next week.

I AM DOWN 15 POUNDS SINCE THIS TIME LAST YEAR. :)<3
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    metubal wrote: »
    Username: Metubal
    Previous Weight: 161.6
    Today's Weight: 162

All that hard work and i didnt lose?! Well, i know the problem: not enough sleep. I started going to bed after 3am. This will change once I'm on vacation😊

Sleep's important, and getting back on track with regular sleep is one of my personal goals for the month, too. I hope vacation brings you the rest you're looking for!

Do you weigh daily and track a weekly average, too? You might find that this weigh-in day was an anomalous bump in an otherwise down week.
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Username: mycocoabubbles
    Previous Weight: 229.8
    Today's Weight: 228.4
    This is for yesterday. I forgot to log it.

Thanks, @mycocoabubbles -- and great start to Sept! One little thing - I see in the spreadsheet your previous weigh-in was 229.6. Do you know if that was right or a typo?
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    eevang wrote: »
    Username: eevang
    Previous Weight: 163.4
    Today's Weight: 163.2

Not a huge loss, but it's been a stressful week with a little extra strength training and a little extra ice cream lol.

Still...my weight has been creeping down a bit more slowly lately. I'm thinking it's time to re-crunch some numbers. The closer I get to my goals, the more difficult the loss will be.

That being said, I'm absolutely shrinking in size and gaining muscle. It's an awesome feeling!

My big goal of being within the normal weight range is about 15 pounds away!! I can't wait!

I'm still 100% committed to losing weight until I reach my goals...but I don't feel the rush I used to feel. I think I'm sort of at peace with my body. I want to reach optimal health, so I'm still working towards a goal, but I no longer am dying to change my body. So if my pace slows a bit...it's not the end of the world. So long as I keep losing.

Welcome back, @eevang ! I had faith we'd see in you back here soon!

This is kind of a weird compliment, but folks, when I was about two months into Gutbusters, I went back through all the old posts, even from months before I had joined, and @eevang's posts along the way have been consistently full of good insight and good advice (especially about eating out, my personal kryptonite). I'm always happy to see your rationale, healthy outlook about weight loss and overall life improvements posted here! :smile:
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Bendiz_ wrote: »
    Username: Bendiz_
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous weight: 175.3
    Today's weight: 172.6

Way to go @Bendiz_ !!!
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    inshapeCK wrote: »
    Username: inshapeCK
    Weigh in day: Wednesday (this week I had to weigh in on Tuesday as no access to a scale on Wednesday)
    Previous weight: 144.7 pounds
    Today's weight: 145.2 pounds

Up 0.5 pounds. Obviously never happy about a gain but not fretting about it as it's only half a pound and I had to weigh in early this week and other than indulging in brownies and Munchies snack mix this past week I ate my fruit and veggies. Will try to get it back off for next week's weigh in. Plus I was down 2.9 pounds over the course of the previous 2 weeks so even with a 0.5 pound gain this week I am still down 2.4 pounds since August 22nd. Also still down 24.9 pounds from my highest weight but want to see 25.something again next week.

I AM DOWN 15 POUNDS SINCE THIS TIME LAST YEAR. :)<3

@inshapeCK - you're moving in the right direction, and that's what counts! In addition to the fruits and veggies, are you keeping track of the daily protein and fat consumed? If you feel hungry or over-snacky, it might help to take a look at those numbers.

• LesIckaBod
    Options
    Happy Wednesday Weigh-In Day for:

@Bendiz_ (Just putting this on my list for future reference -- I've already inputted your Week 1 results)
    @inshapeCK (ditto the above)
    @edising
    @hayleymace90

Have a great day, folks!
  • edising
    edising Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Username: edising
    Weigh in week: Week 1, September 5
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous weight: 197.8
    Today's weight: 197.4

Loss of only -.4 - I feel pretty good about it, though, because I went to 2 parties this last weekend (holiday weekend in the US).
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Weighed myself this morning and I'm still up in weight from Monday. Tomorrow is weigh-in and I hope I get back to even but if not that's okay because I'm looking forward to a great September Loss. Been riding bike a lot and I'm looking to push it this month so I can improve my next fitness test on it. Any Peloton riders in the group?
  • pilpolf
    pilpolf Posts: 17 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    05/09
    Exercise 3 mike run
    Tracked yes
    Calories - just about despite end of summer bbq
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Username: Colleen 790