Replies

• Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    September 2
    Exercise No
    Tracked. Yes
    Calories. Yes
    It's fathers day here. Took my elderly mother out to the cemetery (to visit my father's grave) and then lunch.
  • WishfulThinning18
    WishfulThinning18 Posts: 125 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Username: WishfulThinning18
    Week: September Week 1
    PW: 310.8
    CW: 307.8
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Happy Weigh-In Day, @jaygirl3 and @WishfulThinning18!

@WishfulThinning18, way to go on starting September with a 3lb/ 0.97% loss! Great start!

• ladylin77
    ladylin77 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    September 1
    Exercise No
    Tracked. Yes
    Calories. Yes
  • WishfulThinning18
    WishfulThinning18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    We rocked it last month!!! Let’s keep it going in September!
  • caitlynns727
    caitlynns727 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    September 1
    Exercise: Yes - 30 mins 9round
    Tracked: No
    Calories: More than likely not

Yesterday was my husband's birthday and I had to taste the cupcakes and cookies before I served them (or else what kind of hostess would I be :D )

It's great to see how easy I slide right back in to tracking now though. Before I would think, "well there's no point in doing it today since I didn't yesterday."
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    September 2
    Exercised?: Yes. 5km in 38 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Fathers day here in Australia. Steak lunch and meatza for dinner with pavlova for dessert.

Good day with family.

Also had a short walk with wife between lunch and dinner.

Also was accepted to compete in the Australia national drone racing championships in Perth in November. So lots of flying practice needed.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for September 02 is dips ()

3 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 60% of the number you did in the first set (half, then another 10%), wait 2 mins
    • Third set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    Quick recap of the August results, folks. Check out the August Finale thread for all results!
    AB0215 wrote: »
    THE AUGUST BIGGEST LOSER IS ..... @BEASTFIELD314. WITH A FANTASTIC LOSS OF 8.48% BODY WEIGHT!!!! BRAVO!!
    o714iv1y812f.jpg
    THE TEAM WHO LOST THE GREATEST PERCENTAGE IN AUGUST IS ..... GUTBUSTERS!!!
    AWESOME JOB TEAM GUTBUSTERS!!

The Biggest Loser Is...
    1st - @BEASTFIELD314. - 8.48%
    2nd - @abowersgirl. - 6.53%
    3rd - @Nikki_1130. - 6.17%

The TEAM Biggest Loser...
    1st - Gutbusters. - 2.54%
    2nd - The Slimsons. - 1.82%
    3rd - Run Track Minds. - 1.10%

Top 3 Individual % by Team:

Gutbusters
    1st - @Metubal. - 6.16%
    2nd - @Grebber1. - 5.97%
    3rd - @mthomas0228. - 5.84%

Overall Pounds Lost by Team
    The Big Butt Theory - 35.7 lbs.
    The Slimsons - 102.3 lbs.
    Gutbusters - 112.1 lbs.
    Run Track Minds - 44.9 lbs.
    Flab-U-Less - 30.1 lbs.

Overall Total Lost: 325.1 lbs

Well done August Team Gutbusters.

Things to note:
    The main purpose of TBL is to share and learn. Its the same prize for first and last. The hope from this competition is that you learn, not only how to lose weight, but how to build sustainable habits that will keep you healthy for the rest of you life. (Unlike the TBL television program - most contestants years on had regained a lot of weight they lost as they had not LEARNED how to make SUSTAINABLE changes - https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/6-years-after-the-biggest-loser-metabolism-is-slower-and-weight-is-back-up/ )

The 0.5% and 1% per week losses are to celebrated as they are sustainable.

Let's make September another great month (one day at a time).

(tagging in all that are continuing on from August).
    @jaygirl3.
    @WishfulThinning18.
    @cheeso1.
    @eevang.
    @LesIckaBod.
    @Metubal.
    @mthomas0228.
    @westray16.
    @caitlynns727.
    @inshapeCK.
    @cjscoey.
    @Grebber1.
    @emmclean.
    @ShareASmile.
    @fe452436.
  • Bendiz_
    Bendiz_ Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Sept 1st
    Exercise: Yes! Also did the forearm plank, which was surprisingly hard to hold for more than 20 seconds hahah.
    Calories under: Yes. I don't want a day off just yet.. I'm thinking that I'll take a day off when I feel like it. Right now I'm just so pumped on reaching my goal weight, because I'm actually not THAT far away. Earlier I used to chill on the calories on saturday and eat maintenance, but I've not been feeling the need for cheat meals and treats for a while. It's much better for me to just know that I can take a day off if there is something special planned.
    Tracked: Yes
  • metubal
    metubal Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Wow, we did a good job in August, team! Here is to another good month in September.

In 9 days I will be leaving for vacation in Turkey for 5 weeks! I have missed my family, my friends, and Turkish food so much. I'll stick to my healthy life habits, which is much easier there. Mediterranean diet, sans the grains, is the bomb for me.

And... welcome new members. This is a fun group. Looking forward to meeting you all.
  • metubal
    metubal Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    September 1
    Exercised?: Yes. 2 hours preparing the deck for staining.
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: No😞
  • pilpolf
    pilpolf Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sept 2
    Excercise yes 3 mikes plus 2 hours sailing
    Tracking yes
    Calories -just about
  • akerra27
    akerra27 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hello Guys 😎
    My name is Akerra. I am 33 and have worked as a CNA for 13 years. My original journey I started in 2016 I went from right at 340 down to 220 give or take. Thinking I was able to manage on my own I quit using MFP a year ago and have gained around 35 pounds back. ☹😫 I used this challenge before for about 6 months of my journey and it helped SO MUCH. I am looking forward to getting to know you all and get back on track. You can send me a friend request if you would like I had to delete most of my old friends due to being inactive. Thank you to the people that takes the time and makes things like this possible 😍😘
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'll go another month. I'll stick with same weigh in day. Thurs
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Tracked! Under calorie goal! Exercised!

Today was really tough for me actually. I didn't eat breakfast but managed to take a banana and some watermelon to work. I bought oatmeal when I got there (I work at starbucks) and i could only manage half of it!

I had some egg bites in my break because we accidentally warmed up an extra portion so I claimed it. and picked at the watermelon. I went to a meeting in the evening and i had half of my banana but.... i am really picky with bananas so i couldnt finish it.

as soon as i got home, chicken sandwich and a bottle of water.

doesn't sound like much and it isn't. I need to work on eating more at work and staggering out my calories.... i like my treat of my refresher drink in my lunch break though.... 190 calories of amazingness!

Tomorrow I'm going to take some cut veggies and start my day off right with a decent breakfast... not oatmeal though... oatmeal sucks LOL

Weigh in day is tuesday so.... let's see how it goes! I've been at this for coming up to 3 weeks now...don't feel any changes yet but i hope to soon!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Sept 2
    Exercise: day off
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: a few too many, but only because I was a little lazy today... :/
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Sept 1
    Tracking:yes
    Calories:yes
    Exercise:no

Sept 2
    Tracking:yes
    Calories:yes
    Exercise:no

Aimed to cut carbohydrates but have limited it.
  • pilpolf
    pilpolf Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    September - week one
    SW 153.75
    CW 149.25
This discussion has been closed.