Replies

• Be_Lively
    Be_Lively Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Aug 30
    Exercise: No
    Calories: Yes, stayed under
    Tracked: yes

No exercise yesterday, but I got my butt kicked at work yesterday. Super busy day, non stop movement for 7 hours straight. Literally no chance to stop and eat anything so that helped. I put dinner in the Crock-Pot but got stuck at work late, so it was burnt. Haha. I ate out but made good choices and was actually under 300 calories!

The weekend is a tough one for me, especially when it's the weekends that my children go with their father. I lose all routine and become a single girl for 2 days. Plus I am off work and that is another struggle for me. Work keeps me busy and even though it's around food, I usually don't have time to eat. So I plan to stay on track!! Plan my meals for the weekend so I dont veer away and end up at Chili's drinking margaritas and eating bad.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Aug 30
    Exercise: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

Starting this challenge is the boost I needed to get back on track. My excess calories and subsequent weight gain have come primarily from snacking too much and half a**ed logging. I forgot how good it feels to not pack around extra pounds and how awesome it is to not take meds for a couple of health conditions I had. I had a funeral to go to last Friday and the realization I would have to buy new clothes because nothing fit anymore hit me like a ton of bricks. @Be_Lively We don't have a Chili's where I live...that's a good thing because I do like their food and drink!
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    August 31
    Exercised?: Yes. 3km in 24 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

So proud of my wife today. When she weighed herself this morning, she had dropped under 100kg (220 lbs) for the first time since high school. Also, her blood sugar readings are continuing to be excellent (despite fighting off a cold).

Worked from home again today.

Got walk in right on dusk. Was starting to drizzle when I made it home.

Tonight, decided to finally fix one of my broken race drones. This one had been out of commission for months (motor seized up, but I also needed to put lights on it for night flying). Had all the parts, just had not got round to it. Grossly underestimated how long it would take. Started at 8:30pm, finished at 2:00am (would not stop till it was finished).

Only one more broken one to fix (motor broke off in a crash a couple months ago), then entire fleet of 5 will be flyable. Have parts for it too. Job for a rainy day.

Sleep time now.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for August 31 is push ups

3 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 60% of the number you did in the first set (half, then another 10%), wait 2 mins
    • Third set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    For Aug 30
    Tracked: Yes (after the fact)

Back from work trip late last night and felt exhausted today. But I've managed to exercise already, determining that I would feel better if I took a break after exercising rather than waiting until after a break to exercise. Not my personal best workout by any means, but it was effortful, and no one can take it away from me now. Take that, world!

I'll call that my personal challenge for the day. What personal challenges have you overcome today or recently, fellow Gutbusters?

Also, @craigo3154, I never understood before how it could be that you would lose weight on work trips, given the prevalence of bad food everywhere. Then, I finally had a work trip where I was in full control of myself, and realized there was nothing I wanted to eat. I had to look at yesterday especially as a fasting day.

• Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Tracking Yes
    Exercise No
    Calories Yes
    Didn't do any formal exercise, but went to work, then housework, grocery shopping.
  • pilpolf
    pilpolf Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    For 31st
    Tracking yes
    Excercise yes - run and a long walk
    Calories no- but still less than total expenses with excercise

Sons birthday so went out for dinner. Chose healthy option and had a smoked duck salad to start (surprisingly lean cuts). Then had naked veg and halloumi burger followed by coffee while the rest had pudding. Chose to drive so no alcohol.
  • Bendiz_
    Bendiz_ Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Aug 31st
    Exercised? Yes. 30 minutes at the gym + the pushup challenge.
    Tracked? Yes.
    Calories? Yes.

Ate so many greens yesterday that I still feel full when writing this. I feel like the more greens I add, the more weight I lose. Even if I'm still eating the same amount of calories.. It's not the same to eat french fries and broccoli, even if you are eating the same amount of calories.
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Aug 31
  • Rocknut53
    Options
    Aug 31

Day 4 of staying under my calorie goal (under because mapmyhike gives me an absurd amount of calories for my hikes). This is definitely progress at this point!
  • LesIckaBod
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Captain speaking (anyone have a good free graphic I can add here?):

I'm so happy to see so many new people here who are working on their goals! I see a lot of determination here, and I hope that together we have a great September!

Tomorrow (Sunday) we'll begin posting the Week 1 weigh-ins. Here are some FAQs:
    • When do I post my weigh-in?
      Post on your "scheduled weigh-in day". So, if you posted a weight in the New Member Registration thread on a Tuesday, then your scheduled weigh-in day will be each Tuesday of the month.
    • Why is Week 1 beginning tomorrow? Haven't we been doing this for a week already?
      Think of it like a first birthday. You're born, then you have to live a whole year before you can celebrate being 1. In this challenge, you post a starting weight, then you have a whole week to work on weight loss before you post your Week 1 weigh-in.
    • How do I post my weigh-in?
      Your posts should look like this:
      Username:
      Week: September Week 1
      PW: Previous Weight in lbs
      CW: Current Weight in lbs
    • What's my previous weight?
      If you're new, your Week 1 previous weight is whatever weight you posted in the New Member Registration thread. If you're returning, your Week 1 previous weight is whatever your weight was in the last week of the previous month.
    • I'm still confused. Who can help me?
      Just ask a question here and tag me, or PM me and I'll do my best to get back as soon as possible.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    September 1
    Exercised?: Yes. 4.2km in 50 mins (mostly flat).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Got to go for a walk with my wife today. Slower than my normal pace (by a lot), but got us both out for a while.

Test flew re-built drone. Flies better than ever (more powerful motors). Rebuilt the last remaining one tonight (it is a MUCH tighter build). Will get to test fly it tomorrow. (Why so many race drones - current count 5 - main reason is backups for racing (break one on a race day and you are not out for the rest of the day)).

Fathers day here in Australia tomorrow. Planned to go out for lunch (with meatza and pavlova for dinner). Unfortunately my Father is not at home tomorrow, so cannot visit, but will call.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for September 01 is plank. (standard, forearm or knee) (https://greatist.com/fitness/perfect-plank)

2 sets
    • First set 30 seconds if new to them, 60 seconds if a regular, 90 seconds if can regularly make 60 seconds. , wait 2
    • Second set 15 seconds, 30 seconds or 60 seconds
  • Be_Lively
    Be_Lively Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Aug 31
    Exercise: No
    Calories under: yes
    Tracked: yes

Happy that I did good yesterday and stayed on track. I think I will have today, September 1, be my pass day though. I don't plan on going overboard, just didn't practice IF today so I will more than likely go over on my calories on dinner Im not necessarily trying to, but don't want to beat myself up if I do.
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Sept 1
    Exercise: No (off day)

Still really tired from a busy work week - looking forward to getting into bed as soon my little dudes are down! (Yeah, that's my big plan for Saturday night!)

Happy weekend to you all!
  • Rocknut53
    Options
    Sept 1
    Exercise: Yes, did yard work, mowing, trimming trees, digging....most of the day.

@LesIckaBod No plans for me either. Typical Saturday night for me.
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    just copying from the UAC thread because i'm lazy lol
    Exercise- yes! 20 minute brisk walking (split into 2 lots of 10 minutes) it was so hot outside! but my music distracted me
    Calorie budget- yes
    Track- every little bite! yes

• pilpolf
    pilpolf Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sept 1st
    Exercise yes 3 mike run, sailing for 2hrs, walk to the pub 😊
    Tracked - yes including wine
    In budget yes but only because of excercise. Still had 500 to ‘spare’

I try not to eat many of my excercise calories but so like them as an idea of a buffer.

I think so might include the daily strength excercise but will be a day behind on them due to time difference.

Good luck with weigh ins this week!
This discussion has been closed.