Milestones (other than the scale)

Options
This morning I tried on a pair of blue shorts. I bought these shorts in the spring with a cute top to match. Unfortunately, they didn't fit. I was so bummed.

HOWEVER, I tried them on this morning and they fit perfectly. It took me most of the summer but I did it!.

So, this got me thinking, what other little or big milestones are my fellow MFP'ers having???

Please share, if you like, some little or big milestones that such make you go :happy: and keep you motivated.

Replies

• m23prime
    m23prime Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting this thread! Super idea, BtoC!

--I only weigh in every two weeks--on Thursdays. On the alternating Thursdays when I don't go for a weighing, I try on old clothes.

In many ways these victories--feeling the once tight shirt buttons slacken,, feeling my shoulders starting to fill out my jackets again, rocking a pair of old jeans that are a size smaller than you thought you could wear comfortably--these victories are often sweeter than mere numbers on a scale.

Putting a new notch in an old belt is proof things are working.

So even if you don't have a MILESTONE to post--a sweet moment of success will do just fine.
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I have a business trip next week. I thought I was going to have to go purchase new dress slacks for the meetings I will be attending. I had a nice pair in the closet I was certain wouldn't fit yet, but I pulled them out to be sure. They could not have fit better. Money saved, and a big grin, what could be better?
  • BoricuaMami5785
    Options
    I don't really have a NSV milestone yet to post; but I do enjoy reading all of yours. It is motivating and a reminder that those NSVs are just around the corner for me as well. :) Thanks for posting this discussion. Its important to remember that we are more than just a number on a scale or size of clothing that we may wear. :) These little/large victories remind us that we can achieve anything we put our minds to. :)
  • m23prime
    Options
    I had a nice pair in the closet I was certain wouldn't fit yet, but I pulled them out to be sure. They could not have fit better. Money saved, and a big grin, what could be better?

Bwahahahaha! Called it!

Sometimes it's really fun to be right.
  • BACKTOCHRISSY
    BACKTOCHRISSY Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have a business trip next week. I thought I was going to have to go purchase new dress slacks for the meetings I will be attending. I had a nice pair in the closet I was certain wouldn't fit yet, but I pulled them out to be sure. They could not have fit better. Money saved, and a big grin, what could be better?

THAT'S AWESOM!!! I love when that happens. I've got a pair of pants that I can button but can't wear but I think by mid September I'll be wearing them. Can't wait... Good luck at the meeting
  • BACKTOCHRISSY
    Options
    I don't really have a NSV milestone yet to post; but I do enjoy reading all of yours. It is motivating and a reminder that those NSVs are just around the corner for me as well. :) Thanks for posting this discussion. Its important to remember that we are more than just a number on a scale or size of clothing that we may wear. :) These little/large victories remind us that we can achieve anything we put our minds to. :)

I think all the challenges you post are a milestone. You keep everyone wanting to succeed. :wink:
  • BACKTOCHRISSY
    Options
    I only weigh in every two weeks--on Thursdays. On the alternating Thursdays

LOL I weigh in the same time. I picked every other Thursday because it's pay day ... so it's kind of a bonus...weigh in, see a loss and get paid LOL
  • slh0307
    slh0307 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My benefits other than the scale are huge. My clothes are not so tight. I can put on my bra without dislocating my shoulder. I can put on my shoes without grunting ha ha. I can move around without sounding like a bowl of rice crispies. Eating healthy and exercising daily have great side effects!
  • BACKTOCHRISSY
    Options
    I can put on my bra without dislocating my shoulder.

LOL ... that's a benefit I should have added too!!!
  • cc11395
    cc11395 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    BtoC, m23, dward - Better fitting clothes is such a huge milestone! Choices get more and more limited the bigger you are - and for a girly-girl like me, that's a tragedy!! :-)

Alana - I am so excited that we get to share your first milestone with you!!

BTL - I literally spit my water out laughing when I read your Bra comment...probably because it's so true!!

Another huge milestone that I am looking forward to is no seatbelt extender on the airplane. I travel for work so this would make a huge difference for me!

Current milestone that I have hit, my ankles don't look like elephant ankles every night anymore. That' in part due to the water consumption and less soda and also the workouts!
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    HUGE NSV today.

I just got my blood work back. I am no longer borderline diabetic/prediabetic, my Cholesterol is down to 175. I was NORMAL in every thing they checked.

Also missed by a single percentage of blood O2 being able to get off daytime oxygen. Another 10 pounds and harder gym work will get me there soon.
  • Gnawcraft
    Gnawcraft Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Dward that is AMAZING, fantastic news! It's so wonderful to see hard work paying off. Keep up the good work ^_^
  • BACKTOCHRISSY
    Options
    HUGE NSV today.

I just got my blood work back. I am no longer borderline diabetic/prediabetic, my Cholesterol is down to 175. I was NORMAL in every thing they checked.

Also missed by a single percentage of blood O2 being able to get off daytime oxygen. Another 10 pounds and harder gym work will get me there soon.

THAT'S SO GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS. :happy:
  • m23prime
    Options
    I was NORMAL in every thing they checked.

Thank you for sharing this news with us.

Oh and...if anyone is looking for The Point of The Thing we are Doing...it's RIGHT THERE on dward's medical chart.

So a toast to dward, and to both his, and all of our, Good Health and Better Blood-work!
  • Gnawcraft
    Gnawcraft Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Cheers! *thrusts glass of water into the air* (see? I'm drinking it!)
  • oOxXxOo
    oOxXxOo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I can do a solid 20 minutes on the xtrainer now. Seems trivial but 3 weeks ago I was so self conscious I could not even walk into the gym. Then I did and the xtrainer was my arch nemesis because I "didn't want to look stupid". Then one day I just did it and it has been a love hate relationship ever since slowly increasing my time :)
  • BoricuaMami5785
    Options

I think all the challenges you post are a milestone. You keep everyone wanting to succeed. :wink:

Thanks hun... You all too are HUGE motivators and keep me wanting to succeed as well. I truly feel we have the BEST group of people. I love how supportive everyone is, and there are NO judgements. I'm proud of being apart of such a fantastic group. :)
  • BoricuaMami5785
    Options
    HUGE NSV today.

[/quote

CONGRATS!!!! That really is FANTASTIC news!!! Nothing like getting a great check up. :) Keep it up! You're doing GREAT!!!
  • BoricuaMami5785
    Options
    I can do a solid 20 minutes on the xtrainer now. Seems trivial but 3 weeks ago I was so self conscious I could not even walk into the gym. Then I did and the xtrainer was my arch nemesis because I "didn't want to look stupid". Then one day I just did it and it has been a love hate relationship ever since slowly increasing my time :)

That's not trivial at all... Anytime we overcome an obstacle we get closer to our goal. GREAT job!!!
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Wow these are great I can't wait for some new milestones I'm on day 5 of caring and right now I just wish my shoulder wouldn't ache so much lol!

Congrats on all your milestones
This discussion has been closed.