Milestones (other than the scale)

Options

Replies

• BoricuaMami5785
    Options
    Today I got all GREEN on my macros... That has NEVER happened! My 1st NSV! :)
  • Gnawcraft
    Gnawcraft Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Oh wow!! That's an awesome milestone! Well done indeed :D
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    YA!!!!
  • BoricuaMami5785
    Options
    Thank you ladies. :)
  • Gnawcraft
    Options
    Now I don't even like leaving the house so for me to go for my first day at the gym yesterday that was a big milestone! I did an alright job and am going back tonight for my second go ^_^ I'm also going to incorporate a new piece of the crazy looking gym equipment into my workout today to meet the daily challenge - double win hehe :D
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Now I don't even like leaving the house so for me to go for my first day at the gym yesterday that was a big milestone! I did an alright job and am going back tonight for my second go ^_^ I'm also going to incorporate a new piece of the crazy looking gym equipment into my workout today to meet the daily challenge - double win hehe :D

Great Wins. Look around at the gym, maybe you can turn that double win into a hat trick. :glasses:
  • Gnawcraft
    Options
    Hehe yeah I'll check some of the contraptions out. I'm lucky I have my brother with me because I honestly don't think I'd have a clue what half of them do!
  • m23prime
    m23prime Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You already know how happy I am for you...but I am extra happy that you took the time to post this AMAZING MILESTONE!

GO PIDGE!
  • lauralouwho84
    Options
    Usually I try to put off things that require me to go upstairs.. I noticed today that its easier to go upstairs and I am not finding ways to stay put. I was proud!
  • Gnawcraft
    Options
    Oooh very well done Laura! I'm currently still working on this one myself so great job!!
  • m23prime
    m23prime Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Laura! I know exactly what you mean. But in my case, it's embarrassingly simple stuff, like not having to work up my courage and strength to pick bits of paper off the floor, or needing to focus my Chi in order to get safely and comfortably into or out of my car.

The sad part, it is only now that I have started to do The Thing, and get better, that I begin to understand just how limited I had made my life for so long.

Happy thoughts now!
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Way to go pidge and Laura on your NSV!
  • BACKTOCHRISSY
    BACKTOCHRISSY Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Today I got all GREEN on my macros... That has NEVER happened! My 1st NSV! :)

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
  • BoricuaMami5785
    Options
    Pidge: Great job going to the gym!!! That takes a lot of courage for some. I'm sooooo HAPPY for you and I hope you enjoy your time there. Good luck!

Laura: What a FANTASTIC NSV!!! I too have a two-story house and when I come downstairs I find myself finding any reason to not have to go upstairs again until its time for bed. I'm waiting for the moment when I don't have to dread going up and down the stairs throughout my day. Great job!

BTC: Thanks! :)
  • mdgivens
    mdgivens Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I think I have a minor NSV every day, because of my strength and conditioning training. Each workout is geared towards testing myself against and improving on previous numbers. 5 more pounds on the bar, one more rep for that last set, 3 more seconds off of my pace. As I get stronger and faster, the victories on the scale tend to follow along too.

My latest significant milestone was this morning. For the first time, my 2000 meter rowing pace was faster than my slowest 250 meter "sprint" rowing pace, which was recorded about 5 weeks ago.

It's always a good thing when you can go harder for longer :-)
  • BoricuaMami5785
    Options
    I think I have a minor NSV every day, because of my strength and conditioning training. Each workout is geared towards testing myself against and improving on previous numbers. 5 more pounds on the bar, one more rep for that last set, 3 more seconds off of my pace. As I get stronger and faster, the victories on the scale tend to follow along too.

My latest significant milestone was this morning. For the first time, my 2000 meter rowing pace was faster than my slowest 250 meter "sprint" rowing pace, which was recorded about 5 weeks ago.

It's always a good thing when you can go harder for longer :-)

What a GREAT achievement!!! WTG!
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Way to go givens! Sounds like your working really hard for yourself
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Impressive and practical way to look at your exercise NSV's Givens. Kudos to you.
  • BACKTOCHRISSY
    Options
    I'm wearing another pair of shorts I couldn't get into :)
    Woooo Hoooo!!!
  • BACKTOCHRISSY
    Options

that's great!!!! The gym (for me) is a great get away to have some quiet time. :wink:
This discussion has been closed.