Milestones (other than the scale)

Options

Replies

• mdgivens
    mdgivens Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    This morning I dropped something on the floor and I bent right over and picked it up, no problem - 20 seconds after getting out of bed. A few months ago, my back would have hurt too much and my belly would have gotten in the way. I was shocked!

Hooray for increased mobility and flexibility first thing in the morning! Most folks do well enough to stumble to the bathroom without walking into a wall. The next level is dropping into a squat to pick something up!
  • Gnawcraft
    Gnawcraft Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    My regular go-to shirt for going out in was pretty stinky today post-pub so I had to rummage though my things for something I could squeeze into before going out this afternoon - to my delight I can now do up a shirt I hadn't been able to wear for 2 and a bit years - hooray for old clothes becoming new clothes :D
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    My regular go-to shirt for going out in was pretty stinky today post-pub so I had to rummage though my things for something I could squeeze into before going out this afternoon - to my delight I can now do up a shirt I hadn't been able to wear for 2 and a bit years - hooray for old clothes becoming new clothes :D

Hooray Pidge! That is the best! Happy closet shopping.:bigsmile:
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    You guys are so awesome I am sure there will be so much more going on for October!!!
  • 808malia
    808malia Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    This weekend I went hiking to some waterfalls with my husband. We do this hike to the waterfalls 5-6 times a year usually. And usually I am at the back of the group huffin and puffin up the hills like I'm dieing, well this weekend I was up at the front of the group and practically running up the hills with no problem! It feels great to be able to do things that use to be so exhausting. Makes me want to get out there and go on more hikes and explore all the adventures that I have been missing! I feel so inspired! :happy:
  • Carysta
    Carysta Posts: 152 Member
    Options

Wooo! That's awesome!
  • Carysta
    Carysta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    This weekend I went hiking to some waterfalls with my husband. We do this hike to the waterfalls 5-6 times a year usually. And usually I am at the back of the group huffin and puffin up the hills like I'm dieing, well this weekend I was up at the front of the group and practically running up the hills with no problem! It feels great to be able to do things that use to be so exhausting. Makes me want to get out there and go on more hikes and explore all the adventures that I have been missing! I feel so inspired! :happy:

Yay :) That's always an exciting feeling!
  • mdgivens
    Options

Great NSV, Malia!

Also, insanely jealous of relative proximity to waterfalls!
  • mdgivens
    Options

Closet shopping is awesome, Pidge! You can't beat the bargains!
  • Gnawcraft
    Gnawcraft Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Hehe yeah indeed, cheers :D
  • m23prime
    m23prime Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I restuck this thread at the top because it MY FAVORITE!

...so full of joy and hope and determination...

YOU GUYS ROCK!
  • katelynal
    katelynal Posts: 114
    Options
    Love this thread :heart: I rolled my trash can to the curb very late last night and my PJ bottoms were looser than I realized - they almost fell off at the end of my driveway :blushing:
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    While this doesn't compare with flashing the neighbors in AL (great NSV Katelynal)...

My Win: Going to the 2013 Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, walking for three and a half hours, taking almost 200 photos. Sit down time during the entire 3.5 hours: 10 minutes. I couldn't imagine doing that even a few months ago. Now to double that on-feet time before the end of December when we are going to Disneyland with the kids!

10140077334_b428a7f9cc.jpg
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Ya dan!
  • mdgivens
    Options
    Great victories, y'all!
  • 808malia
    Options
    This week I had a mental NSV... I have finally gotten to a place where I dont really care what the scale says anymore :drinker: I know that I am hitting my calories and working out hard daily, and with all that work I am seeing changes in myself :bigsmile: I can run a lot faster and longer than before and I get winded less easily. I am getting stronger, I can lift heavier weights and do more sets then when I started almost 2 months ago. So although my weight loss is going kinda slowly I feel better about me, and working out and eating healthy makes me feel good,and that's good enough for me to continue this lifestyle forever! So thanks to all of you who have helped me change my life, you are all such great motivators and friends :)
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Great job malia :) as long as your happy you will stick with it!
  • mdgivens
    Options
    This week I had a mental NSV... I have finally gotten to a place where I dont really care what the scale says anymore :drinker: I know that I am hitting my calories and working out hard daily, and with all that work I am seeing changes in myself :bigsmile: I can run a lot faster and longer than before and I get winded less easily. I am getting stronger, I can lift heavier weights and do more sets then when I started almost 2 months ago. So although my weight loss is going kinda slowly I feel better about me, and working out and eating healthy makes me feel good,and that's good enough for me to continue this lifestyle forever! So thanks to all of you who have helped me change my life, you are all such great motivators and friends :)

Mental game LEVEL-UP!

What are you using for comparison when you say your weight loss is going slowly?
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I'm a little grumpy about my weight loss this week... having gained.
    But I did the calculation of the results of my shred and I lost 15.8 inches in the last 40 days.
    My energy and flexibilty have increased... my husband say I "bounce". Those are some good NSV.
  • 808malia
    Options
    My comparison is based on my total weight loss for the 2 months I have been losing weight, which is 17lbs in 2 months... Not bad, but its less then 10lbs a month and I have been working out really hard... But I did run into a friend I have'nt seen in a while last night and she did a double take when she saw me and told me I looked half the size I was before :bigsmile: needless to say I am pretty ecstatic!
This discussion has been closed.