September Monthly Challenge: This September I Will...

Options

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    My September Project is going well.
    I created a figure with an outfit yesterday as I chatted with a friend for an hour or more. (She did, too!!)

Sketched/created faces for 1/2 hour yesterday evening

And for 15 mins tonight (along with a cool eye)!

Set up new printer with my
    Husband but a small piece is busted...with have to take it to get repaired, but still very excited by the possibilities!!

How are your projects going, everyone?!!
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    My daily meditation is awesome. I am sleeping better and feeling better.

Fantastic!!!
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    So no group classes on the weekend here. So I went on a 71 minute bike ride. First 30 minutes was with my family then the next part I kicked up the intensity and went longer and faster and hit a hill I was avoiding twice! And it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was. Good thing nobody was around as I was cheering myself along out loud. :)

Hooray!! What a great way to push yourself!!
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    @prgirl39mfp . I’m sorry you’re feeling down and believe that it’s only natural to feel that way on those anniversaries of special days. I think you’re handling your loss in a way that will bring you peace eventually. I’ve learned that when we suppress our emotions because that’s what we’re “supposed to do”, we can’t work through them and come out on the other side where peace is waiting. I’m proud of you for being brave enough to explore your feelings and share your pain with yourself as well as with others. It’s not easy but it really is the only way to “move on”. Take care❤️
  • Heidijens123
    Heidijens123 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    This September I will go to the group fitness classes at the gym every week day. Which means getting up early as with my schedule it's best if I do the early morning (5:15 am) classes.
    The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish my goal : Setting my alarm early enough to get there in time, getting my workout stuff ready the night before. Telling my husband and teen age daughter I'm going then so they can hold me accountable. Also making sure I go to bed early enough the night before.
    How often you’ll be taking these actions (daily is best if possible) every week day as that's when the gym has classes.
    What help do you need from us? Cheer me on, ask if I made it to class or just how was class today?
    What does success look like to you at the end of September? I'm going to put a sticker on the calender every day I go. Sounds cheesy I know but it will give me visual proof that I went. Also hopefully I will notice good changes to my body. And feel better about waking up early.

Day 10 done. Strengh class at 5:15am then I went back at 9 for yoga.
  • MmamabearR
    MmamabearR Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have been a bit depressed. My mom’s bday was this week and she passed away 5 yrs ago. The circumstances of her death were devastating to me and I put up a front all year long except when her bday comes. I do not talk about it with anyone close to me because you are supposed to “move on” but this year I took a little break from my routine and explored those feelings, talked to myself (I do that a lot) and released (cried like crazy) all those emotions.

Thanks for the welcome back, @prgirl39mfp. I'm sorry to hear about your mom and how hard it's been. I'm glad you were able to find an outlet for your grief. Suppressing strong emotions is never good. I don't think anyone should be expected to move on, but you can move forward, if that makes sense.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Thank you.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Oh @prgirl39mfp, thank you for sharing this with us. I think you are wise to find outlets for your pain and sadness and not just keep it bottled up. I’m happy you are doing this as I think it will give you some internal peace.

Many hugs. <3
  • Heidijens123
    Heidijens123 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    This September I will go to the group fitness classes at the gym every week day. Which means getting up early as with my schedule it's best if I do the early morning (5:15 am) classes.
    The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish my goal : Setting my alarm early enough to get there in time, getting my workout stuff ready the night before. Telling my husband and teen age daughter I'm going then so they can hold me accountable. Also making sure I go to bed early enough the night before.
    How often you’ll be taking these actions (daily is best if possible) every week day as that's when the gym has classes.
    What help do you need from us? Cheer me on, ask if I made it to class or just how was class today?
    What does success look like to you at the end of September? I'm going to put a sticker on the calender every day I go. Sounds cheesy I know but it will give me visual proof that I went. Also hopefully I will notice good changes to my body. And feel better about waking up early.

Day 11 done. Lots of burpees and core.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    I have been a bit depressed. My mom’s bday was this week and she passed away 5 yrs ago. The circumstances of her death were devastating to me and I put up a front all year long except when her bday comes. I do not talk about it with anyone close to me because you are supposed to “move on” but this year I took a little break from my routine and explored those feelings, talked to myself (I do that a lot) and released (cried like crazy) all those emotions. I listen to a Podcast called Terrible, Thanks for Asking where people share stories about loss, grieve, and emotional pain and In”shared” my story while listening. It felt good to release some of the pain.

Also taking notes on how neglecting sexual health contributes to depression. Menopause sucks but the work that one has to do to keep healthy during this time is 3 times heavy. Work in progress!!

I'm so glad you took time to explore your feelings and just let them out. I think it's healthy to cry sometimes. You can't hold all those feelings in without it eventually taking a toll on your health in the form of depression, anxiety, insomnia, colds and flu! Stress/Depression is SO bad for you.

I am also dealing with the menopausal issues. I feel your pain! It's no fun...by far not the favorite phase of my life, that's for sure! :mrgreen: (((HUGS))) :heart:
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    I wasn't able to do the Calm app meditation for last night, so that was a bummer! Since I've been on medical leave from work, I noticed I have not been followig my normal routines at all. It is really taking a toll on me and not in a good way! I don't remember the last time I slept that badly. I was up obsessing all night last night.

I need to follow my normal routine no matter if I'm working or not. Why did it take me almost 4 weeks to figure that out? Holy crow... :s
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Thank you friends.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    @prgirl39mfp
    “Awesome @MadisonMolly2017 . Would you mind sharing some of your sketches? My daughter loves to draw and sketch.”

I will down the road! Just beginning now!

I walked to the Library today & looked through quite a few books on fashion illustration for a couple of hours.

I took some pics of some famous designers’ illustrations for inspiration!! And checked out two of the 10 books!! 📚

I am going to add Library visits to my regular Habits List! So fun!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,972 Member
    Options
    Still sticking with my daily yoga. Heading off to do #17 of the month.
  • themedalist
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Hi! I've been drawing every day as per my goal for this challenge.

I wanted to share today's drawing which I'm really happy with.

ke2k4g9e9a7z.jpeg
    2eyeg4y03ggb.jpeg

@Orphia, this is BEAUTIFUL and a striking likeness to the original photograph. You are a very talented artist and congrats on making your September goal a reality!
  • themedalist
    Options
    Day 12 of classes done today.

Not missing a beat, @Heidijens123!
  • themedalist
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    Still sticking with my daily yoga. Heading off to do #17 of the month.

Fantastic, @77tes!

I’m having the same experience with my nightly yoga practice. I frankly can’t believe how much more relaxed I feel and ready for bed with just 10 minutes of yoga. Downward facing dog is amazing!