Options

Replies

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,757 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    MimiCate wrote: »
    A little late in posting. I wanted to put more thought into it. 😁

What help I need: you all keep being you! And, if you have any zero sodium, vegetarian, dairy-free recipes that rock, please share!
    This recipe is not vegetarian, but I'll bet it would work without the chicken and with low sodium/ no salt vegetable broth and beans.

https://www.bowlofdelicious.com/chicken-sweet-potato-and-black-bean-stew/

@nebslp , I love your long posts! Kudos to you continuing your French. I haven't opened Duolingo since I got back from Paris. I think the posture app would be great, but I can't get it on my device, so I've put that aside for awhile. If you do it, let me know how it goes. I'm not great with my posture, and suffer lots of neck/ headaches because of it.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,648 Member
    Options
    @MimiCate It sounds like you're taking charge of your health. That's so smart. I listened to a podcast yesterday that explained how all of our cells are interrelated and the profound impact lifestyle has on them. I've heard people say "Food is medicine" and I believe that to be true. I hope your flare up of Meniere's is short lived and you feel better soon.

@77tes Thank you for your kind words. I think I can get a digital download of the posture program on my iPad for $5.99. I believe it has 3 hours of video and each day is about 10 minutes long if I read it right. I'll be checking into it further today and let you know what I think.

Carpe diem!
  • nebslp
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 I hope your surgery went well and you're recovering nicely. Best wishes.
  • birgitwebster
    birgitwebster Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Friday night week 1. so far so good. I have logged any and all (even the most un-diet like) food and exercised 60 minutes every day. i had a challenging week with a big 50th birthday bash for a friend on tuesday with a lot of no good food and lots of drinks... stayed out until 3:30 am.. but... danced all night. i had a holiday and a breakfast date with my bff - which we combined with a long walk - dinner with my parents and a basketball game with game foods with my daughter... i had a fun week and stuck to my principles... I started the week at 193.4 and ended at 189.8 which is more than enough motivation to propel me through the weekend. big fall cleaning day tomorrow and chill day on Sunday. lots of errands planned for Monday.
    have a great weekend everyone! B)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,975 Member
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017 I hope your surgery went well and you're recovering nicely. Best wishes.

Thank you @nebslp !!!
    Very thoughtful of you. It went well and We are now figuring out of pain management system but I know it will get better over the next few days and I’m fairly comfortable. I’ll be back here when I am a bit better because typing is still difficult. But I think of you guys often and I’m using all of the things we learned in this group and other parts of my weight loss journey.

I hope you’re doing well!! 💞
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options

Thank you @nebslp !!!
    Very thoughtful of you. It went well and We are now figuring out of pain management system but I know it will get better over the next few days and I’m fairly comfortable. I’ll be back here when I am a bit better because typing is still difficult. But I think of you guys often and I’m using all of the things we learned in this group and other parts of my weight loss journey.

I hope you’re doing well!! 💞

So glad to hear surgery went well! I hope you are able to keep the pain at a tolerable level and that you feel better real soon! Xoxo
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Ramble warning!!!!!
    By mid September I had forgotten most of my September goals because I hadn't written them down and couldn't see them as a reminder. And as an excuse, it was super hot and buggy outside. But I did get the HabitBull app (thank you to the person who recommended it) and was able to make a list of things I want to accomplish and attempt to form habits for some of them. Because of that I do some form of needlework daily, sometimes it's only listening to a podcast if I'm in the car a lot. I watch the View when I can and instead of grabbing my iPad to play a game while I watch, I now grab my Snowy Day embroidery project and work on that. My Conversational French 2 class started this week and for a couple of weeks I have studied at least 5 days a week. It's becoming a habit to work on that in the evenings since I don't watch much TV. When I do watch a show, I always mute the TV during commercials and work on a Duolingo lesson. My life is more structured now that I make a list every day of what I want to accomplish that day or the next day. I have made an apron to send to my daughter who teaches students with autism and they make dog treats to sell. I have plans to make more if she likes it. I have started a quilt for one of my grandchildren and have 15 blocks done. I am planning to finish the remainder needed tomorrow and can start assembling them. I bought unicorn fabric and a pattern for my granddaughter's skirt and fabric to make a minky/blizzard fleece blanket for second grandson. I continuously delete emails and have kept them below 500 which is my current goal. My personal development is on FIRE!!!

BUT...
    I haven't done well with my physical improvement. I have put the goal of getting 250 steps 8/14 hours a day and am doing very well with that. Again, it's one I check off on the app. I set my alarm for 10 min before each hour when I sew because I could sit and sew all day and not even realize it. That has been great for accountability and motivation. It also feels good to get up and walk quickly for a little while so I can get back to my machine.

This month there is no reason for me to abandon these things and add a few more, such as doing Classical Stretch EVERY day! or at least 5 days a week. I have been working hard to get to bed by 11:30 and I'm getting closer. Some nights I actually make it! I am intrigued by the posture video 77tes posted a few days ago. That is something I am absolutely going to work on this month. My grandson asked me why I bend over sometimes when I walk... WHAT?!? I realized that not doing my stretching and lifting has caused my core to be weak and I hunch my shoulders now more than I did when it was strong. So working on good posture is in the works. And the weather is cool and the birds are migrating so it's a great time to get outside and work on my bird identification skills.

There's more but I don't want to put y'all to sleep with my ramblings. So October's primary physical goal is to do Classical Stretch and lift weights. I also started intermittent fasting on Sept. 30 and it seems to fit my lifestyle perfectly. I'll continue during October and decide if I want to keep going with it at the end of the month.

Life is good. I want to live it to the fullest, and that won't happen if I spend half of my days on my iPad doing one thing or another. We were born for greatness. Establishing good habits will help us achieve it.

You are all doing so well! Let's make this month the best ever:)

This was so insightful and inspiring! I loved reading this! You are doing so well that it really inspires me to keep striving toward healthier habits. Thank you for giving us a peek into your days! It actually gave me a few ideas to try. Xoxo. 😊
  • 77tes
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 , so glad to hear the surgery went well. I'll continue praying that your pain will be relieved and that your recovery will progress quickly and smoothly.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    I haven’t been here much this week. My 90 year old father in law who’s had a series of health problem the last few years, spiraled down quickly this week and passed away yesterday. He was a wonderful man and I have lots of good memories of him.

@MadisonMolly2017, I was thinking about you on Thursday and am delighted to hear your surgery went well. Now you are on the road to recovery! It’s a little bumpy road initially, but you will have a full recovery!
  • themedalist
    Options
    I’ve now read through your posts and I’m smiling. Such great October goals with specific action steps that make the goal more likely to happen. I also love that many of you aren’t shooting for perfection. We don’t have to hit our daily goals 31 out of 31 days in order to make progress. That said, habits are born from repetition and something done only occasionally won’t have much staying power or impact. You all are finding the right balance for you between the two and that’s awesome!

Rant away anytime, @nebslp... I love reading your posts! You seem to be structuring your days to make all kinds of headway on a lot of projects. You are indeed on fire! Great health goals for October. Taking frequent breaks from sitting every hour is fantastic! Your statement:

“We were born for greatness. Establishing good habits will help us achieve it.”

is perfectly stated! <3
  • 77tes
    Options
    @themedalist , So sorry to hear of your father-in-law's passing. I'm glad you have lovely memories of his long life.

@birgitwebster , it sounds like you've had a stellar week even though it was a challenging one to stick to your goals. :)
  • nebslp
    Options
    @themedalist I’m sorry to hear about your father-in-law. Remember the good times. Take whatever time you need during this difficult time for you and your family.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @themedalist I'm so sorry for your loss. Hugs and peace to you. xoxo
  • birgitwebster
    birgitwebster Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    @themedalist .. so sorry for your loss. prayers to you and your family
  • Heidijens123
    Heidijens123 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    @themedalist I'm sorry to hear of your loss.
  • Heidijens123
    Heidijens123 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I made it to class every weekday this week and did all the stuff for the challenge I'm doing. Today is my sons 5th birthday so I had some cake (I haven't had sugary junk food in 5 weeks) and I really didn't enjoy it all that much. The frosting made me feel sick.
  • nebslp
    Options
    @Heidijens123 Yay!! You’re making great strides! Your dedication is inspiring.
  • themedalist
    Options
    Thank you all. Much appreciated. My FIL was a wonderful person and I learned a lot from him.