This October I Will...

Options

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    I made it to class every weekday this week and did all the stuff for the challenge I'm doing. Today is my sons 5th birthday so I had some cake (I haven't had sugary junk food in 5 weeks) and I really didn't enjoy it all that much. The frosting made me feel sick.

Such a great observation, @Heidijens123. As we move away from sugar, things can become too sweet. And great job hitting your goals this week!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am new to the group & just introduced myself in the new members thread. I have been on MFP for 8 months with some success and lost momentum in September. I really like the ficus of this group and am hoping to get back my motivation for the rest of 2018. We are already into October, but here is what I will do:

This October I will log my food everyday & try my best to stay within calorie limit set.
    The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish my goal: Log meals, snacks and exercise in real time & try not to do it all at the end of the day.
    How often? Everyday, as it happens!
    What help do you need from us? Just any some support and encouragement that you can spare!
    What does success look like to you at the month? A completed food diary for the month and hoping for my motivation to come back.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    @themedalist Sending you warm virtual hugs, wishing you and all who knew your father-in-law peace at this time.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,793 Member
    Options
    Week one of October is done, and I've done yoga every day so far.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia Welcome to the group! You will meet some wonderful people here.

@77tes Way to start off the month!
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Week one done. Walking everyday was good but in the eating department I am not doing so great. Need to stay focused. This week I will do better.

Welcome @Cafelelia Great goals. You can do it!

@themedalist so sorry for you loss. Hugs!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I have hesitated joining for this month since I have no idea what to challenge myself to do. Then I realized that I have my own challenge and that I can share that her for October. Duh!

My goal for this month is to return to intermittent fasting. Eating from 12pm to 8pm.

The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish my goal are that I will have a fruit smoothie at 12pm everyday with at least 22 grams of protein. Then I will have my dinner and a healthy evening snack.

How often you’ll be taking these actions....daily until at least Thanksgiving

What help do you need from us? I guess accountability.

What does success look like to you at the end of October? I am hoping to return to a healthier lifestyle and drop a few pounds. I am hoping to enter the winter months at a lower weight. With the holidays and cooler air approaching I can have some wiggle room if I can a few pounds.

I started on the Oct. 1st. and so far I am doing amazing. I did this once before and was successful. I just have to make sure I do not lose too much weight.
  • themedalist
    Options
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I am new to the group & just introduced myself in the new members thread. I have been on MFP for 8 months with some success and lost momentum in September. I really like the ficus of this group and am hoping to get back my motivation for the rest of 2018. We are already into October, but here is what I will do:

This October I will log my food everyday & try my best to stay within calorie limit set.
    The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish my goal: Log meals, snacks and exercise in real time & try not to do it all at the end of the day.
    How often? Everyday, as it happens!
    What help do you need from us? Just any some support and encouragement that you can spare!
    What does success look like to you at the month? A completed food diary for the month and hoping for my motivation to come back.

Welcome, @Cafelelia! This is a great goal for October. Logging "in real time" made me smile and is a great action to implement.

We are so happy you've joined us!
  • themedalist
    Options
    Week one done. Walking everyday was good but in the eating department I am not doing so great. Need to stay focused. This week I will do better.

Welcome @Cafelelia Great goals. You can do it!

@themedalist so sorry for you loss. Hugs!

Your comment gels with an observation a health coach friend of mine made awhile ago. She said her clients found it easier to exercise more/be more active than make changes to their diet/eating habits. I see that in myself too!

Great job on the walking!
  • themedalist
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    Week one of October is done, and I've done yoga every day so far.

Yay! Well done @77tes!
  • themedalist
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    I have hesitated joining for this month since I have no idea what to challenge myself to do. Then I realized that I have my own challenge and that I can share that her for October. Duh!

My goal for this month is to return to intermittent fasting. Eating from 12pm to 8pm.

The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish my goal are that I will have a fruit smoothie at 12pm everyday with at least 22 grams of protein. Then I will have my dinner and a healthy evening snack.

How often you’ll be taking these actions....daily until at least Thanksgiving

What help do you need from us? I guess accountability.

What does success look like to you at the end of October? I am hoping to return to a healthier lifestyle and drop a few pounds. I am hoping to enter the winter months at a lower weight. With the holidays and cooler air approaching I can have some wiggle room if I can a few pounds.

I started on the Oct. 1st. and so far I am doing amazing. I did this once before and was successful. I just have to make sure I do not lose too much weight.

This is a great goal, @PinkyPan1 and we will be cheering you on!
  • themedalist
    Options
    SwimMighty wrote: »
    A little late in posting. I wanted to put more thought into it. 😁

This October, I will stay the course. I restarted on MFP a few weeks ago, due to a flare up in my Meniere’s. It was never in remission but just not enough of an issue to make me get out of the denial phase about it. Since diet and other habits can be triggers, I am using MFP to help me track and analyze how my diet may affect my disease. Now that I’m feeling better, I need to keep this up.

The small actions I will take to accomplish my goal: keep tracking everything I eat, learn 3 new recipes that I can rely on, have a plan for my work trip next week, and keep getting consistent sleep.

How often for the actions: daily for tracking and sleeping, one recipe a week (minus work travel week), and prior to travel for my travel plans.

What help I need: you all keep being you! And, if you have any zero sodium, vegetarian, dairy-free recipes that rock, please share!

Success will look like: an accurate log with some insight into my triggers. A bonus of 3 more lb off would be awesome. And no more vertigo attacks.

How are you doing, @SwimMighty? You've got a great goal and good stepping stones to your goal.

If you like carrot cake, this recipe is my family's favorite. Baked carrot "cake" oatmeal. Not a lot of added sugar.

https://ohsheglows.com/2014/03/19/heavenly-carrot-cake-baked-oatmeal/
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Thank you @themedalist . I am trying to balance both. I am confident I can do this.

@PinkyPan1 good luck my friend! Great plan!

@SwimMighty good luck! I have no help with the recipes but I will piggy back ride and get all the ones pals share here.
  • themedalist
    Options
    I went to class yesterday and did something to my arm/shoulder so I didn't go to my Hiit class today as the instructor always has us do lots of burpees and pushups. But I didn't slack off I spent and hour on my exercise bike instead. I've also been getting my stuff done for my gyms challenge.
    Oh and I have melted away 20 pounds sense starting in August.

@Heidijens123, sorry to hear about your arm/shoulder. But you are a force to be reckoned with! No wonder you've lost 20 pounds since August. You're not waiting for motivation or inspiration to strike. You've set down a plan of action to achieve your health goals and every day you are taking action. I'm so proud of you!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Thank you so much for your well wishes and encouragement!
    77tes wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017 , so glad to hear the surgery went well. I'll continue praying that your pain will be relieved and that your recovery will progress quickly and smoothly.
    I haven’t been here much this week. My 90 year old father in law who’s had a series of health problem the last few years, spiraled down quickly this week and passed away yesterday. He was a wonderful man and I have lots of good memories of him.

@MadisonMolly2017, I was thinking about you on Thursday and am delighted to hear your surgery went well. Now you are on the road to recovery! It’s a little bumpy road initially, but you will have a full recovery!

I wrote a lot more but it disappeared :((((( will try tomorrow as arm is too sore now...

Ps I actually think both of you when I was in the hospital but again I must not be submitting it correctly and it didn’t show up - I blame the meds! LoL
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    @debk0718 Fantastic goal. You are definitely on your way to reach it!

@Heidijens123 Hooray on your loss! So happy for you. Please do be careful with the shoulder.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Hi! I FINALLY figured out the one habit that I will focus on in October. I just need to move more throughout the day. I use HabitBull to track my activities. The habit that is most helpful to moving towards that goal is getting 8/13 hours of 250 steps each hour. I checked into the "250 steps per hour" info on Fitbit and found there is more information that is tracked every day, such as percentages of active time and stationary time, and also hours of stationary time per day and 30 day average. I will use those stats to help monitor progress. If I meet my current goal of getting 8 hours per day, it will be an improvement over previous months.

The small actions I will take to accomplish my goal: Set notifications to get up each hour between 8 AM and 9 PM. I will post here how I did at the end of the day (or the following day).

How often for the actions: Setting notification 13 times a day. Posting how I did once a day.

What help I need: All of your posts about how you're doing are motivational, so I'd love to hear about your days. We may all have different goals, but we're all in this together!

Success will look like: I will have a "dot" for at least 8/13 active hours on HabitBull to show I achieved my goal that day through the month of October. So far I have 9 days filled and one blank one because I lost my fitbit one day. (Ya, a need a new band! One day I dug it out of the washer before I shut the lid. Oh and the screen has a huge crack in it. Maybe it's just time for a new Fitbit!! :)

Better to post this late than never, I guess.