This October I Will...

Options

Replies

• nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    This is my check in after one week. My targeted habit was to log food consistently and accurately, trying to do it in real time rather that waiting to end of day. It went well. A few days mid week were challenging as I had work travel but I was able to do it most of the time. The positive effect was that I paid more attention to my calorie target and the type of food I was eating. For the travel and dinners out, I was better able to avoid the desserts and extra glasses of wine. Habit and consistency really do seem to work for me. Am returning home and looking forward to getting back to my routine. Thanks for the encouragement!

It sounds like you're doing great! Perfection isn't the goal, but progress is and you're doing it! I find staying on track when traveling is really hard. Routine is good. Have a good week!
  • nebslp
    Options
    So far I’ve walked 12/14 days this month! This is really good for me! I’ve actually gotten to the point where I feel like something is “missing” if I don’t go! I cannot believe what a difference getting my hip repaired has made...along with the little dog we rescued! I love walking her! Meet Maddie..

y7x4cxbr0bd5.jpeg

p1cff7262qaz.jpeg

Maddie is SO pretty! What a lucky dog she is and you, too, for finding her! I'm glad your hip is feeling better and walking has become something to look forward to. Thanks for sharing Maddie's pictures.
  • nebslp
    Options
    SwimMighty wrote: »
    My 2 week check in: I’m doing really well with the diet goals, exercise, sleep, etc. but my good friend Vertigo has been coming to visit. Thursday was bad, couple of attacks, and felt like crap into Friday morning. Luckily, it got better thru the day and I made it home from Mexico with no issues. Today was another off day for me, no vertigo but the weird woozy feeling, bad headache, and ear issues today. I took it easy today, stayed home and fit in a few chores between naps. I really go from one extreme to the other (yesterday was great, hard workout, got a bunch done). When I do have a good day, I go at it hard, but now I’m wondering if I’m overdoing it, need to throttle back and pace myself better. It seems like a pattern of a super great day is being followed by a crash. I have a visit with the neurotologist this week.... good question for him.
    Hope you’re all cranking on your goals this month! Woot!

Ugh! Vertigo is awful!!! I've struggled with that as well in the past but have been dizzy-free for a year or more now. I hope the neurotologist can get this figured out for you. Maybe try only half-throttle from now on when you're feeling good:) I hope you have a good day tomorrow.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    debk0718 wrote: »
    This October, I moved to a new office, and I want to get back on track with workouts.
    My goal is to take the stairs rather than the elevator, and I will also get back to my 4 day a week lunchtime workouts.
    To ensure I can keep this goal, I will pack my gym bag at night and have it ready to take with me in the morning.
    So far so good with my goals. I take the 3 flights of stairs rather than pressing the button for the elevator. Today will actually be my first day going to the gym at lunch, but I have been taking daily walks instead.

This is a great goal, @debk0718! How is it going for you?
  • themedalist
    Options
    So I only made it to 2 classes last week. Monday when I hurt my shoulder and Thursday sense it was step aerobics so I didn't have to worry about aggravating my shoulder.
    I did get all the logging done for my gyms health challenge this month.
    My eating this weekend is not going well as I'm spending the weekend at the nursing home with my mom as she is not doing well and I'm just eating whatever others bring for me, which I am very grateful they are doing.

Oh, @Heidijens123, I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. We are thinking about you!

I hope your shoulder is improving. Good job logging for your gym’s health challenge this month!
  • themedalist
    Options
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    This is my check in after one week. My targeted habit was to log food consistently and accurately, trying to do it in real time rather that waiting to end of day. It went well. A few days mid week were challenging as I had work travel but I was able to do it most of the time. The positive effect was that I paid more attention to my calorie target and the type of food I was eating. For the travel and dinners out, I was better able to avoid the desserts and extra glasses of wine. Habit and consistency really do seem to work for me. Am returning home and looking forward to getting back to my routine. Thanks for the encouragement!

This is a great update, @Cafelelia! Logging our food intake is helpful in a lot of ways, isn’t it?
  • themedalist
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB, I don’t know what I’m more excited about… That you are now able to walk pain-free after seven difficult years or that Maddie has a loving home! Two wonderfully positive life events for you that have multiple health benefits!
  • themedalist
    Options
    My 2 week check in: I’m doing really well with the diet goals, exercise, sleep, etc. but my good friend Vertigo has been coming to visit. Thursday was bad, couple of attacks, and felt like crap into Friday morning. Luckily, it got better thru the day and I made it home from Mexico with no issues. Today was another off day for me, no vertigo but the weird woozy feeling, bad headache, and ear issues today. I took it easy today, stayed home and fit in a few chores between naps. I really go from one extreme to the other (yesterday was great, hard workout, got a bunch done). When I do have a good day, I go at it hard, but now I’m wondering if I’m overdoing it, need to throttle back and pace myself better. It seems like a pattern of a super great day is being followed by a crash. I have a visit with the neurotologist this week.... good question for him.
    Hope you’re all cranking on your goals this month! Woot!

Oh wow, @SwimMighty....vertigo is something I’ve never experienced and it sounds horrible. I hope your doctor can get you some relief!
  • themedalist
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »
    I haven't posted my hours since Thursday, so I'll do them all tonight.
    Friday: 11/13 hours
    Sat: 9/13 hours
    today: 8/13 hours.
    Seems to be going backwards but I'm still in my goal range. I'll step it back up tomorrow.

It happens, @nebslp. Every day is different and some days will have more sitting. I bet if you compared your last couple of weeks when you’ve been paying attention to this to a month or so ago when you weren’t tracking, you’ll see a real increase in activity. What we measure we can improve.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Day 15 of my intermittent fasting. No complaints and it is going well. I actually like eating this way. It has halted my late night snacking. There have been times where I have eaten something just to eat before 8pm so I have something to sustain me until 12pm. I may start skipping that snack too.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Good for you @PinkyPan1 Keep up the good work!

I am doing great on my goal except for the days that I was working on the yard, which made my body ache and I am really sore. I have to continue the yard work because my grass is being eaten by weeds and replacing it will cost me a lot of money. I took some rest days but that is ok. This week I am doing the elliptical and going for a walk in the afternoons. I am reaching my goals 2x's according to my Garmin so that makes me feel very accomplished.

• nebslp
    Options
    @PinkyPan1 congrats on 15 days of sticking to IF. I agree totally that it puts the skids to late night snacking.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,793 Member
    Options
    My goal of doing daily yoga practice is going great - I have now done 6 weeks straight of daily yoga. Finding a better time of day seems to be the key for this habit.
  • themedalist
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    My goal of doing daily yoga practice is going great - I have now done 6 weeks straight of daily yoga. Finding a better time of day seems to be the key for this habit.

6 straight week’s of yoga is fantastic, @77tes!
  • nebslp
    Options
    13/13 hours with at least 250 steps today. It was easy to get involved in embroidering and watching DWTS on TV and lose track of the time tonight. Those hours go by so fast! Setting the notification on my Fitbit has helped keep me on track.
  • birgitwebster
    birgitwebster Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    well. we are halfway through the month and I think I'm doing good! only missed a couple of days of tracking. got 10,000 + steps in every day and every day except last weekend exercised 60 min or more. B)
  • nebslp
    Options
    I’m not sure where to put this but I wanted to share something I read this morning. James Clear had an article on a Habits scoreboard that is interesting. This is just one thing he said:
    “The labels “good habit” and “bad habit” are slightly inaccurate. There are no good habits or bad habits. There are only effective habits. That is, effective at solving problems. All habits serve you in some way—even the bad ones—which is why you repeat them.”

• SwimMighty
    SwimMighty Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    @nebslp Thanks, I'm crossing fingers but prepping a bunch of questions at the same time. 😁🤔 Wishing you a lifetime of spin-free days! And thanks for the quote from James Clear. It makes one think...why does this habit stick around? Why am i keeping it? What's it doing for me?
  • SwimMighty
    SwimMighty Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey all, keep posting your victories and struggles! Congrats on all the hard work and accomplishments. Keep on keeping on!
  • nebslp
    Options
    @nebslp Thanks, I'm crossing fingers but prepping a bunch of questions at the same time. 😁🤔 Wishing you a lifetime of spin-free days! And thanks for the quote from James Clear. It makes one think...why does this habit stick around? Why am i keeping it? What's it doing for me?

@SwimMighty thank you..... those are great questions. Without awareness we’re just “spinning” our wheels😏