Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday

Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes, elliptical
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Hi! Sorry, forgot to post on my weigh in day. I'm 47 and finding my way back to fitness and health after about a 3 year binge of focusing on work and life in general.

Username: hollypopp10
    Weigh in week: 11/05/18
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight:204.6
    Todays Weight: 201.4

@hollypopp10 Awesome job! And Welcome!
  • AB0215
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Username: Gjaholy33
    PW:499.5
    CW:515.5
    Calories: yes under
    Exercise: no
    Goals/Comments:

Disappointed in my weight gain but I have issues with binge eating when I weigh myself this is why I had stop this group for so long before besides my other personal issues this is a HUGE PROBLEM FOR ME but I miss the support going to have to figure something out.

@gjaholy33 Somedays I have that issue where I just eat way more than I planned, I was hungry or after my long weight training workout I just felt a bit weak so I ate more than I meant to, I add in a little extra fasting, either 1 day where I only eat one meal, or a day where I fast for 36-48 hours, it's a way that I combat those extra calories I ate that one day. Now it's taken me a while to get to a point where I can do that, but something to think about. Another thing that might be easier is pre-tracking and planning out your meals every day, that way you know what you're going to eat and when and stick to the plan. You can do this daily, just start your day by planning your food for the day, or weekly, plan and prep for the week, both are strategies that work. I used to make my meals ahead of time and put them into the fridge in little divided container, that way it was all there and I didn't have to think about what I was eating, I already knew, I just had to eat it when the time came. I don't really do this for myself anymore, I take it one day at a time right now, but I do still do this for my husband and he's down 70 lbs too. Sometimes it's about making your diet and meals "convenient" that way you're not tempted to mess up, and now I only buy enough food for 1 week of meals at a time, that way we're not tempted to just go eat more.

The thing is, when you've been doing what you've been doing for so long, it's hard to get out of that rhythm where you keep doing it because it's what you've always done. Successful people aren't people that just don't mess up, they're people who don't give up. They figure out what went wrong and work with it next time. I agree with what @ssssanaaaa said about the psychologist. It can be really helpful to figure out what makes you stray so you can work through it.

Another thing is forgiving yourself when it does happen and get right back on track when it happens. It happens to everyone, and you need to think realize that we are in fact mere mortals and we will mess up, all of us. It's really about what you do next that matters. Get back on track, don't just give up and say well the week is ruined. And maybe you're trying to cut too much too fast. I know you're trying really hard to lose a lot in a certain period and you absolutely can, but my suggestion is to start small and give yourself a little time to adjust to your changes, also really helpful since I know you're newer to keto too. The idea that we should lose 1-2 lbs a week, for many of us is hard. 1 lb is 3500 calories and 2 is 7000 calories a week. The average meal is probably around 700-1000 calories (for a lot of people, diet or not) and for a lot of people and that's like cutting a meal out of your diet a day...that's not easy to do at first, it takes time to adjust and I recommend that you take it slow and once you start being able to do that easier, then start making more adjustments. It takes 21 days to make a new habit (they say), I think it really takes a lot longer, because when you think about it, how long have we really been doing these unhealthy things, for some of us, 10 years or more, myself included there.

I think the bottom line is that it's important to find a strategy that works for you, it took me a while but I did. Don't let one week discourage you, it happens to all of us.
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)
    Track: no
    Calories: ???
    Exercise: 30 minutes elliptical

Not a very good attitude this week towards food....Hoping to reset myself this weekend.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »
    Goals/Comments:

Disappointed in my weight gain but I have issues with binge eating when I weigh myself this is why I had stop this group for so long before besides my other personal issues this is a HUGE PROBLEM FOR ME but I miss the support going to have to figure something out.

Missed you Gloria! Was thinking about you! I hope things are better for you <3
    As for this issue you're dealing with, try to figure out what's going through your head that makes you want to binge when you weigh yourself. And maybe see why it's logically incorrect. It helps you realize why it's so wrong and helps you catch yourself. For example, I used to deal with thinking "well I already messed up today. There's no point in doing things right for the rest of the day because I already messed up. I'll do better tomorrow" if I overate or didn't do exactly as I originally planned. This was very bad self-sabotaging behavior. And if you think about it logically, it makes no sense. If I didn't do well then it makes logical sense to do well for the rest of the day to compensate for it. This reasoning helped me to rationalize it in my head. So maybe try to find your train of thought and go from there. If you need help with this maybe seeing a psychologist can help you hash things out. They're very helpful.

Thanks I missed you as well I've been working with my therapist for over 2 years now and we came up eith a Solution for me to weigh in only once a month so the damage will not be so bad with one binge a month. But since I decided to rejoin the group we have to figure out another plan.
  • Jaydoh120
    Jaydoh120 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »
    Goals/Comments:

Missed you Gloria! Was thinking about you! I hope things are better for you <3
    As for this issue you're dealing with, try to figure out what's going through your head that makes you want to binge when you weigh yourself. And maybe see why it's logically incorrect. It helps you realize why it's so wrong and helps you catch yourself. For example, I used to deal with thinking "well I already messed up today. There's no point in doing things right for the rest of the day because I already messed up. I'll do better tomorrow" if I overate or didn't do exactly as I originally planned. This was very bad self-sabotaging behavior. And if you think about it logically, it makes no sense. If I didn't do well then it makes logical sense to do well for the rest of the day to compensate for it. This reasoning helped me to rationalize it in my head. So maybe try to find your train of thought and go from there. If you need help with this maybe seeing a psychologist can help you hash things out. They're very helpful.

Thanks I missed you as well I've been working with my therapist for over 2 years now and we came up eith a Solution for me to weigh in only once a month so the damage will not be so bad with one binge a month. But since I decided to rejoin the group we have to figure out another plan.

I'm sure no one will mind if you stay in this group for the support but only weigh once - especially if that's what you and your therapist decided. We all here for you to support you. If you are uncomfortable being part of the group and no weighing weekly, maybe we can all request you as friends and we can support you in that way?
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Thursday, Nov. 8th

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes, Under, Fasting day
    Exercise: Yes, Stair climber, Treadmill & Strength training class
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Hi Slimsons!

Today is “my Friday” yay! (Thursday - off tomorrow thank the Lord!)
    My daily stats for today - 11.8

Tracked:yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 70 minutes spin class (Soul!) and 30 min cardio blast and 5 lb arm weights.

Goal- to lay off wine this week! Drink more water and try not to stress out. 🙏
    Have another spin scheduled for tomorrow morning! It’s been keeping me disciplined even though I work nights and class is typically at 10AM.

Hope you are all well!
    @SLIMn2016 & @AB0215 - inspired by your mega work outs!

Great dedication and losses everyone- keep at it!

Going to go drink water now — lol
  • AB0215
    Options
    Jaydoh120 wrote: »
    I'm sure no one will mind if you stay in this group for the support but only weigh once - especially if that's what you and your therapist decided. We all here for you to support you. If you are uncomfortable being part of the group and no weighing weekly, maybe we can all request you as friends and we can support you in that way?

@Jaydoh120 We have a cheer squad for this reason, still part of the group, but won't get eliminated for not weighing weekly and also still get the support of the group :smile:
  • AB0215
    Options
    mg07030 wrote: »
    Hi Slimsons!

Today is “my Friday” yay! (Thursday - off tomorrow thank the Lord!)
    My daily stats for today - 11.8

Tracked:yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 70 minutes spin class (Soul!) and 30 min cardio blast and 5 lb arm weights.

Goal- to lay off wine this week! Drink more water and try not to stress out. 🙏
    Have another spin scheduled for tomorrow morning! It’s been keeping me disciplined even though I work nights and class is typically at 10AM.

Hope you are all well!
    @SLIMn2016 & @AB0215 - inspired by your mega work outs!

Great dedication and losses everyone- keep at it!

Going to go drink water now — lol

@mg07030 I'm sitting here trying to convince myself to go do mega workout 3 this week. I had originally scheduled it for tomorrow but I'm feeling like today is a good day for it. Really need to adjust my workout schedule a bit, just realized if I don't, I'll be competing the day after a mega workout and I don't want to do that, want to compete rested.

Also, I can't say this enough, but habits are hard to break, wine included! Taking it one day at a time helps though.
  • liannexx
    liannexx Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Daily post-Thursday 8th November
    Track-yes-under
    Exercise-work and 75 min strength training
    Comments-it feels good to be back at the gym but I think I might hurt tomorrow xx
  • melbe159
    melbe159 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Daily post thurs

Track no
    Calories not too bad 👏🏼
    Exercise 5 mile run

Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible and suddenly your doing the impossible 💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼
  • AB0215
    Options
    liannexx wrote: »
    Daily post-Thursday 8th November
    Track-yes-under
    Exercise-work and 75 min strength training
    Comments-it feels good to be back at the gym but I think I might hurt tomorrow xx

@liannexx It's a good hurt though! It means you're making meaningful change!
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Mexiconona
    11/5 th
    I was not able to get in my fitness all week. I notified the help people and I finally got back in today. Tomorrow is my weigh in day and I probably will gain. Since I could not get in to do my tracking, I ate whatever I wanted. 🤪. It proves to me you must track.
    Tracking today yes
    Calories NO
    Exercise yes. 1 hour in pool, 10 min walking, 10 min stretching.
This discussion has been closed.