gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »
    Weekly Weigh-in:
    Username: ssssanaaaa
    Week: November Week 1
    PW: 182.0
    CW:183.5

Comment: I've been eating at maintenance calories for most of the week on accident. I think the reason is I'm not eating enough during the day so by the time dinner comes, I get hungry and eat too much. I'm going to examine my diary and figure out what it is that's messing me up. Going to fix up this week and only eat what I plan.

Stay encouraged YOU GOT THIS!!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Daily post, Friday, November 9

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: No

No gym today...son stayed home from school, sick so off to the doc this morning first thing. Fresh start tomorrow.

Hope you have a great evening---keep up the wonderful effort all! <3;):)
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Daily Report Fri 9 Nov

Calories: Under
    Exercise: Nope

Wow. So many Birthdays this month.

Nov 10 is a big day. It's my youngest son's birthday, my college roommate and best friend's bday, and also the birthday of the Unites States Marine Corp that my dad served proudly for 32 years. Next week my wife and daughter in law will have birthdays. Busy month.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    edited November 2018
    Options
    @gjaholy33 Thanks for sharing the recipe and pic. You're so organized... I really would like to start food prepping for the week... that keto tray is brilliant. Have a safe & fun trip to NC!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Daily Report Fri 9 Nov

Calories: Under
    Exercise: Nope

Wow. So many Birthdays this month.

Nov 10 is a big day. It's my youngest son's birthday, my college roommate and best friend's bday, and also the birthday of the Unites States Marine Corp that my dad served proudly for 32 years. Next week my wife and daughter in law will have birthdays. Busy month.

C-A-K-E :o:s:s:s:o:#:D This is gonna be a tough month for me too.... I gotta have my cake.... it's gonna have to be a trade off of some kind--- I'm working it out in my diary now--- sigh.... balance ....

Happy Friday!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »

C-A-K-E :o:s:s:s:o:#:D This is gonna be a tough month for me too.... I gotta have my cake.... it's gonna have to be a trade off of some kind--- I'm working it out in my diary now--- sigh.... balance ....

Happy Friday!

@SLIMn2016 I make keto versions of cakes and cupcakes, that way I eat cupcakes along with them, and then I'm not cheating on my goals and I'm still feeling like I'm not giving anything up.
  • AB0215
    Options
    This seems like an appropriate time to leave this here :wink:

3sb3ynmctawf.jpg
  • AB0215
    edited November 2018
    Options

Thank you Ashley! Your Dad and I share a birthday--- :) I'm hosting Thanksgiving too...but nobody brings food---so it's all on me---and I have teen boys who want the desserts. It makes it really hard with kids (especially teen boys--they are bottomless pits of hunger :D )... you have the best tips though--- sending everything home with everyone is wise. I think this year I'll try to freeze most of everything "bad" for me--- and just leave enough out for the boys to pick at. My hubs is Paleo, so mostly will eat the turkey and sweet potatoes and maybe a little of the sweets bc it's a holiday. For sure the sweets are my weakness--- cookies, cake & pies I'm making less of this year. I may order them too--- last year I had to bc I lost my Mom right before Thanksgiving. I just hope that doesn't trigger a "I don't give a @&amp;#!" eating spree for me this year. I'm trying to keep the holiday separate from the sadness, but it's very hard to do. I have to for my sons---and I have to for me, so I don't emotionally bail on my diet and binge (I'm sure many of you can relate in some form--especially to the emotional eating part?). This time of year is hard on so many levels for me. :(

Thank you for supporting our team so well @AB0215 --- you take the time out of your busy schedule to come here and cheer us all on--- it is so very appreciated Ashley!

@SLIMn2016 It's the rule. I will cook most of the food, and I make keto cakes, cupcakes, pies etc, but nothing with sugar, if you want it, you bring it, and whatever doesn't get eaten, you take with you. I pretty much spend the better part of 2 or 3 days in the kitchen in the days leading up to the big day. Now, I do make mashed potatoes, au gratin potatoes, and other things like that, but they still fall in the rule, if it's a carb, it leaves the house with all the carb lovers lol. I've come too far to mess it all up now!

I may have that I don't give a crap thought when the day comes, and over eat, but I can promise you, it won't be a carb lol. And if I do, it will be ONE day, because I can combat one day, I can't undo a whole week lol, that's the key, one day.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    ggzjbyjd8q62.jpg
    Gjaholy33
    Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise God yes walking Through Penn Station had to use my asthma pump 8x before I got to the Red cap Amtrak station (so out of shape)
    Goals/Comments:
    So I am on a 13 hour ride to Charlotte, NC where I will be spending the next 3 weeks with family (during this time my weight will be the same until I get back, sorry but no scale for my size at my sis house). In preparation thanks to all the advice and support I have received from this group I brought these dinner trays that are reusable to make my keto meals so I won't buy anything from the Cafe car. It work for the most part too with the exception that my bag tipped over so the vinegar and oil for my cucumber salad spilt into all the parts so the nuts, chia seeds and berries were not edible (not for me anyway) But I love my recipe it turn out great even with the mishap here it is:
    Cucumber and Celery salad

Take a bowl and put all the slice cucumbers , celery and onion and then cover the vegetables with 1 cup of vinegar and olive oil each and let sit in refrigerator overnight.

Great job.....and welcome to Charlotte!!

• CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily post: Nov. 9th

Track: Yes
    Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: Went shopping so 45 minutes of walking.
  • nurse_1
    nurse_1 Posts: 26 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Daily post - Friday Nov 9th

Track - yes
    Calories - over
    Exercise - 30 walk
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday)

Calories: Yes, OMAD
    Exercise:Yes, 60 mins treadmill, it was too cold to walk outside.

Comments: Registered today, declared my weight class, 76 kg, pretty excited and I actually hit 75.5 today so, that's awesome. I'm feeling really excited about next week.
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday)

Track: No
    Calories: I think no
    Exercise: No

My son's birthday is tomorrow, so I have been party prepping!
  • kazunomiya
    kazunomiya Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday/Nov 9)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, grocery shopping, walked 1 mile
    Goals/Day/Comments: I ate Chinese food and made healthier choices there. I ate shrimp with lobster sauce and white rice, wonton soup, and a crab ragoon. I was able to stay on track still.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    :s:(:/ Yep... I knew that DOMS rest day would get me. Welp.... next week son's bday, then Thanksgiving, then my bday.... lots of celebrating and I have to try my best to stay the course through it all.

@SLIMn2016 First of all, I hardly think that half a pound is bad, it's normal when you're building muscle, and you definitely are with that kind of DOMS! And remember, that will help, muscle eats fat for breakfast so....next week will be better!

I've already been thinking about those things. Thanksgiving isn't normally an issue for me. What's going to be an issue is next weekend for me. My best friend's birthday is next week and he specifically moved his birthday dinner with his family to after my meet so I could eat at this fried chicken place he wants to go to, with his family who apparently adores me and really wants me to come. I haven't eaten fried chicken in like well, math is hard this early, but it's been since before June of last year, and I don't know how well I'll do with that, might eat some bread (gasp, I know a carb!) mostly because I want to see if it's as good as I remember. lol. Also, definitely going to eat candy corn, a Reese's and most likely some ice cream (and for those of you who know why this is a big deal--it's a St. Louis thing) Imo's Pizza...and then weirdly, back on track for turkey day, because it's always at my house, and I cook keto so everyone get's a keto thanksgiving lol. Maybe this will be the year I tell my mom my secret to the turkey....now that she's doing keto...(it's butter, the secret is butter) I actually do make other things, but I force my family to bring dessert and take it home with them, it does not stay in this house, so next weekend I'm expecting a carb gain, which I'm hoping will normal out by the next weekend weigh in....but we will see. Also, my dad's birthday is the 27th, and I always bake him a cake, which is much harder to do now that I don't eat said cake and can't tell if it's good or not lol.

My best advice for the holidays, track track and track. It's hard I know, but worth it. If you over eat on one day, you can make it up the rest of the week, by cutting a little extra from your other days. But you can't know what you need to adjust unless you track!

Also, if anyone's interested in a Keto Thanksgiving, I'll share my recipes :smiley:

Please share some recipes I'm thinking of butternut squash instead of sweet potatoes but I still want mac and cheese any ideas how I can make Keto mac n cheese??
This discussion has been closed.