Options

Replies

• Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Daily Report Mon 12 Nov

Tracking: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: walking 45 mins. with dog 30 mins.

I didn't share this news but with a couple of my friends on here. Last Monday I was hospitalized with what my Cardiologist called Atrial Flutter. After my weight workout on Monday, my heart rate started racing for over three hours. Went to ER and they kept me over for a couple of days. Finally got HR down below 100 with heavy meds. Tons of testing and trying different meds has not improved, so no heavy workouts until they can figure this out.

Praying for good results, and please take it easy!
  • Bm00re2u
    Options
    cmteach4 wrote: »
    Daily post, Monday, November 12

Tracking. Yes
    Calories. Yes
    Exercise. Yes, aqua Zumba! My favorite class with a super dynamic teacher.

For the first ever, excepting when I was ill, I was under 1,000 calories so MFP gave me a lecture! Ha ha! They don’t have to worry, I won’t starve myself, just had too busy a day! Nice NSV though was I wasn’t hungry either or having cravings! Yeah!

Great NSV!
  • Bm00re2u
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, weight training

Clean and press was killer, but I did go up on weight! 💪
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday
    Calories: Yes, under! Yay.
    Exercise:Yes, HIIT.

Comments: Did better today. Weighed in at 183.0 this morning so we're going back down. No more maintenance breaks until we get into the 170s. I have my meals planned out and everything so I feel set. I'm glad I'm over the weird funk I was in for a few days. It really sucked.
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)
    Track: no
    Calories: Under with exercise
    Exercise: 20 minutes elliptical, 60 minute spin class
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Calories: Nope
    Exercise:110 mins weight training

Comments: Really need to focus on my workouts this week, yesterday I didn't focus, wore my singlet to workout in so I get used to wearing it, and I sortof liked it, but I do think it was a distraction so I need to stop letting things distract me and I need to spend more time focusing on what I'm doing.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Happy Weigh In Day Tuesday:
    @orngnerdz
  • AB0215
    Options
    Jaydoh120 wrote: »
    Weigh-in Monday!

I already posted but it disappeared. Sorry if there is a double post later.

Username : Jaydoh120
    Week : November week 2
    PW : 248.2lb (112.6kg)
    CW : 242.5lb (110kg)

My pattern is one week - big scale loss, the next week - big centimetre loss. Anyone else have this? It's weird.

Very happy with my progress so far. Looking forward to breaking 100kg (220lbs) and the next goal will be 92.5kg (202lb) which will take my bmi into the "overweight" category.

@Jaydoh120 Actually I think those are pretty normal, when you burn fat, water tends to take the place of the fat as a placeholder because your body thinks you'll fill it back up, eventually, if you're drinking enough water, it lets go of the water in the placeholder, a whoosh, if you will, and then once that happens, your body takes a little more time and shrinks after the water is gone. It's a process, and a very interesting one at that.

If it makes you feel any better, I too, am looking forward to the day that I fit into the overweight category and not obese, but sadly after losing 73 lbs, I'm still not there. BMI is an interesting number, it's not really based on anything other than height to weight so, I'm not overly concerned about that, I do want to go get a dexa scan to see how much body fat I have to lean muscle considering how hard I try to maintain and gain that. It's interesting because the only visible fat I really have is left in my belly, and I'm down 10.5 inches in my hips and 6.5 in my waist, so to see a MBI of 35 still is disheartening, but normal since my weight will always be a bit higher than what they suggest based on my height, since I'm only 4'10".

My best advice, don't let BMI be your only measure of success, especially if you weight train! If you have more than average amounts of muscle, your BMI will be higher since it's only a height to weight measurement!
  • orngnerdz
    orngnerdz Posts: 583 Member
    Options

Username: orngnerdz
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    PW: 208.6
    CW: 201.5
  • AB0215
    Options
    orngnerdz wrote: »
    Username: orngnerdz
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    PW: 208.6
    CW: 201.5

@orngnerdz Amazing job!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    I think I'm going to take a page out of Gloria's playbook and make the Questions of the Week about NSV's

What are your Non-Scale Victories recently?!
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!!

My daily stats- posting early, food packed and off to work soon.

Tracked- yes
    Calories- under
    Exercise- 60 minutes soulcycle

Goal for today - be mindful, stress less and focus.

• liannexx
    liannexx Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Daily post-Tuesday 13th November
    Track-yes-under
    Exercise-rest day
    Comments-well.... sent my mfp stats to my Pt, quite surprised at what he came back with.
    I need to eat more calories and up my protein even more!

NSV-my clothes are feeling loose and I am so so so happy, my mood has definitely lifted, I’m starting to really smile again xx
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Daily Report Mon 12 Nov

I didn't share this news but with a couple of my friends on here. Last Monday I was hospitalized with what my Cardiologist called Atrial Flutter. After my weight workout on Monday, my heart rate started racing for over three hours. Went to ER and they kept me over for a couple of days. Finally got HR down below 100 with heavy meds. Tons of testing and trying different meds has not improved, so no heavy workouts until they can figure this out.

You have my prayers... I hope they can give you a reason for it.... often with lone cases of Afib like I had experienced in the past... there were no medical findings, could be stress, dehydration, fatigue, caffeine, insufficient nutrient of some sort, simple things like that can set you off too... and it's a very scary experience for sure.

I stopped drinking Diet Coke and Sucralose/artificial sugars after doing some research and finding an Afibbers database of people who posted their experiences. One young man had the same thing happen---he found that he had developed an intolerance to artificial sweeteners (he was a Diet Pepsi addict).... so I stopped drinking diet drinks and my Afib stopped (idk for sure if it was that, but I wanted to throw it out to you bc artificial sweeteners have been linked to all sorts of illness--even neurological issues). I still don't eat anything with artificial sweeteners--- stevia or monk fruit or the real thing.

(Sorry for the longwinded post) :#

Please take it easy Jim. Get well! <3

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options
    Daily post: Tuesday, November 13

Calories: Yes, under, fasting day
    Exercise: Yes, Strength training class and Arc Trainer

Comments: Struggled over the weekend--- trying to make this week count, but Friday will be a major cheat day (son's bday).

NSV: I'm really happy with where I am right now, I feel stronger even though I'm not making much weight loss progress. :)

Ashley, I really loved your post regarding goals @AB0215 !! That was a wonderful post... and you most certainly have attained so many milestones for yourself and continue to improve and reach more goals each week--- it's so inspiring to all! For a while now my goal has simply been to make progress each week in my strength training without injury--- it sounds like a sad goal LOL :D but after the hell I had last year--- it's a very important one... so far so good. :)
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily post: Nov. 13th

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 5000 steps walking at work today

NSV: I am feeling stronger and stronger on my walks every day. I no longer get out of breath just walking down the street.

• gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Daily Report Mon 12 Nov

Praying for your speedily recovery that is the main reason I cannot do exercise as my hr is 135 and I need to get back down to 104-108 which is my usual.
  • nurse_1
    nurse_1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Daily post - 11/13 Tuesday

Track - yes
    Calories - under
    Exercise - walking
  • Bm00re2u
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, light walking
    AB0215 wrote: »
    I think I'm going to take a page out of Gloria's playbook and make the Questions of the Week about NSV's

What are your Non-Scale Victories recently?!
    Increased weight on clean and press! Still working on my water intake, but making progress!
This discussion has been closed.