November 2018 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,353 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Nov. 14: Adding only 7 today because of my knee and my prep for my colonoscopy tomorrow.
    @Dave: Happy to donate extra miles for vhuber once I hit goal.
    @anacondo: Thinking of you and have you in my prayers for a successful and final jaw surgery.
    TTD: 140 miles

exercise.png

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,891 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    11/13 9 miles
    11/14 7.50 miles

As of 11/14 106.75 miles of 200 miles

exercise.png
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,781 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,460 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

@VHUBER - I don't have any Bonus Miles yet, but when I do, they're yours! :flowerforyou: I know that wasn't the way you would like to make goal, but it'll have to do this month. Anyone else want to send your extra bonus miles after you reach your goal, just say so and Janet and I will pass them along!! :star:

Dave

You know me, As soon as I bank up some bonus miles I can give some.
  • anaconda469
    Options
    11/08 - 24.0 miles turbo trainer
    11/09 - 24.0 miles turbo trainer
    11/10 - 24.0 miles turbo trainer
    11/11 - 24.0 miles turbo trainer
    11/12 - 01.0 miles rest day walk
    11/13 - 24.0 miles turbo trainer
    11/14 - 24.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 291.0 miles

exercise.png

• 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    12th Nov 7.43 miles walked
    13th Nov 4.68 miles walked
    14th Nov 6.45 miles walked

Total miles walked to date 73.5
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    vhuber wrote: »
    Sorry I've been MIA but I've been REAL sick. Started last Monday night & up until this morning I 've been running 103/104 temp. I was just trying to take xtra strength Tylenol & cold showere etc . Well I think I'm allergic to the Tylenol because I broke out in welts the size of nickels ALL over my body. Not my face thank goodness! I think it was wherever was getting to much heat. DH took me to clinic & the guy acted like I had leprosy, had blood drawn, & chest xrays that showed just a little fluid. I hadn't been coughing since I had that bad cold a month ago when we were painting the house so I could see where their could show a little but that little was persistent at keeping my temp up. Got a list of meds for rash & lungs. I picked them up on Fri & started. Got home & read the info & side effects. Well I had to quit the antibiotic yesterday cuz the back of my legs were like tightening up to where I needed to be on tippy toes & if I try to straighten the feel like a cramp is gonna happen. This med is known for tendon rupture & swelling so I called for a replacement this morning. As of right now now "my" temp 96.5 is normal but have the residual headache hanging on & my body & legs are limp noodles. I will get miles when my body's going allow it!

Sorry you are feeling so bad. Hope you are better soon. Do we need to donate any miles to you to help you over the line?
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    1 mile walk after weights at the gym.

exercise.png
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody but you don't have to do this!! I was having my own pity party but I'm fine now. Not a whole lot better sick wise but the poor me not going to make goal is. I don't I don't that's all there is to it. In reality its no big deal!! Life will go on.. Thanks again. You guys are the BEST!!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Thank you clepant , It is so wonderful!

Dave, I know it is heartbreaking for your son and your family. I hope it is not anything he can't heal quickly from. My daughter n law was discharged this past March for injuries, she's better now ..... I guess they have to put them through so much to insure their safety when they get out there on their own, that sometimes their bodies aren't ready for all those maneuvers.

Anaconda, that is an awesome photo!
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,353 Member
    Options
    Nov. 15: It was the dreaded prep day for my colonoscopy this morning. Up at 2 am to do the second step of my prep and at the hospital at 7am. All went well and this time I had a good prep.Thye had to turn me on my back and press on my stomach to get the scope through because of admonimal scare tissue from my prior surgery. But all went well and I am good for another five years.
    Adding 10 miles on my x bike because of the rain, sleet and ice. They said no driving but Nothing about stationary biking.
    PS My knee swelling is coming back down and it is feeling better. I can almost bend it completely when I walk instead of peg leg like a pirate...lol.
    TTD: 150 miles

exercise.png

@vhuber: I know they are not your miles but please let us help if you need them, We want you to keep your streak going. You would do it for us if we needed them. Feel better soon.
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,804 Member
    Options
    11/14
    2 miles
    11/15
    22.76 miles
    334.01 miles MTD
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    @clepant and anyone else who needs a good laugh - Dave Barry wrote this great article on his colonoscopy - I read it in the forums here before I did mine. I had tears in my eyes because it's hysterical.

https://www.miamiherald.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/dave-barry/article1928847.html

or google Dave Barry colonoscopy and it'll show up.

Adding 1.5 miles.

exercise.png

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    @Vhuber - Nice attitude. Yes it would be nice to keep the streak going but it's better to get healed up and start the streak again next month. Seems like your illness is hanging on. You usually get over things quicker. Hope you heal quickly.
  • anaconda469
    Options
    clepant wrote: »
    Nov. 15: It was the dreaded prep day for my colonoscopy this morning. Up at 2 am to do the second step of my prep and at the hospital at 7am. All went well and this time I had a good prep.Thye had to turn me on my back and press on my stomach to get the scope through because of admonimal scare tissue from my prior surgery. But all went well and I am good for another five years.
    Adding 10 miles on my x bike because of the rain, sleet and ice. They said no driving but Nothing about stationary biking.
    PS My knee swelling is coming back down and it is feeling better. I can almost bend it completely when I walk instead of peg leg like a pirate...lol.
    TTD: 150 miles

exercise.png

@vhuber: I know they are not your miles but please let us help if you need them, We want you to keep your streak going. You would do it for us if we needed them. Feel better soon.

Absolutely!! I have always have banked up miles to share :D<3:D<3
  • anaconda469
    Options
    11/13 - 24.0 miles turbo trainer
    11/14 - 24.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 291.0 miles

11/15 - 24.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 315.0 miles

exercise.png

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,315 Member
    Options
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

And that's GOAL for @ANACONDA469! :drinker:

@VHUBER - If you change your mind, let me know. There are lots of people willing to donate. :flowerforyou:

@TIME2LOSEWEIGHTNOW - I'm sorry to hear your Daughter-in-Law is going (or has gone) through the same thing. I hope she's doing okay with it. My son seems okay emotionally, but time will tell. It was too much physically for my all at once. He's really strong and loves a good hard workout, but his knees and bones just weren't ready for the sudden increase in activity. He might've been fine if he could wear tennies all the time, but he also had to run in boots daily as he was a road guard. It's all unfortunate. :-/

Dave
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @Dave - I was a road guard when I was in the Air Force. I was lucky enough to be during a time when you could buy better equipment than they issued if you wanted. I paid the $100 for a good pair of boots. It was worth it. The issue boots really give your body a pounding. I'm sorry for what both of you are going through right now. Any chance he could try again with a less physical service like the Air Force or Coast Guard?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Well, so much for the winter weather advisory. The news channels were talking like it was a frozen version of hurricane Andrew. Instead, we got a sprinkle of rain and the temp went from 27 last night to 42 this morning. I should have ridden my bike.
  • belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    ... adding a few miles from the last few days! Tracking well against goal so far.

exercise.png

This discussion has been closed.