NSVs - share your success 😊

Options

Replies

• CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    zanyterp wrote: »
    thank you for the tip, @CentaurusSoter! I will try that at Christmas

@qweck3 sweet!!! that is very awesome (sorry to hear about the catch-22 success at the theme parks…but glad to hear the end is in sight)

Np! Aldi has bars for $2 a piece. Quite a good deal compared to the keto branded stuff on amazon at $15.. 8 net carbs IIRR.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,702 Member
    Options
    The first time I got to goal was using bariatric surgery and I bought a size 8 wardrobe. Then I gained back a quarter of my excess weight but fortunately found keto to get it back off again. This time - at the same weight - I now wear a size 6 pant (size 8 will literally fall off my hips), so had to buy new pants.

Oddly enough I still wear size 8 on top, a ribcage can only shrink so much...

An odd NSV but I love having curves in the right places this time. :)
  • zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    @PaulaKro not at all an odd NSV; i think that is an awesome & appropriate one (at least as much as i can being the wrong gender to fully appreciate the intricacies). congrats!

@CentaurusSoter that is an amazing victory. not to mention a wicked fast & hard workout.
  • gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    NSV Had to get rid of another pair of pants that were just too baggy. Right now tho I seem to be in between sizes. My 14s are getting too big, but the 12s I try on at the store are too tight.
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    NSV Had to get rid of another pair of pants that were just too baggy. Right now tho I seem to be in between sizes. My 14s are getting too big, but the 12s I try on at the store are too tight.

I use my older shirts for workouts now, as they are nice and baggy. I'm donating my pants and shorts, as they're just uncomfortably big, and I don't workout in them. Luckily, my dress shirts fit better and the extra can be tailored to fit anyway.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I like to turn my old baggy t-shirts into tank tops by cutting them and tying them back together...cut off the sleeves into a tank shape, cut the top seam off and retie to make it shorter through the shoulders, cut the side seams apart, cut horizontal strips and retie kind of like those tie blankets...recycling for the win!!!
  • Larkspur94
    Larkspur94 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Really need to get new clothes soon. I found a belt for my jeans, but I'm tightening it more and more as I lose. Belt can only hold up though and not fill out. Jogging bottoms I wear on rest days, I can't walk around in without holding them up or pulling up every several steps.
    I did get new underwear a couple weeks back though. Gone down couple band sizes and a cup size. Little sad about the cup but 32G (uk) is still a good size. Admittedly, 32 is a bit tight on first clasp, however 34 was good fit on third clasp (can't tighten further for when it loses elasticity) ... there is no in-between. Since I'm still losing I settled for 32. It'll loosen with time anyway.
    Looking forward to new clothes when I get around to charity shop hopping. Wonder what my size is now.
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    A quick way to get around the belt problem: Get a nail and hammer and create more holes.

In the states if you have a Dilliards outlet store near you that place is huge and packed with good go between clothes on the cheap. I always have to buy Tall sizes and it has a huge selection even in my new Large Tall size.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    My muffin top jeans from the summer can slide off without being undone now. The weird thing is that I am only down about 10lbs. :D
  • mehiggins119
    mehiggins119 Posts: 3 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @qweck3
    Also, Swapp.com or ThreadUp are nice online thrift stores....
  • dottiedj
    dottiedj Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Just cleaned out my closet and got rid of those size 12 jeans I bought 2 years and 20 pounds ago!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,553 Member
    Options
    zanyterp wrote: »
    @nvmomketo if it makes you feel better, you are not the only one in that boat. my 14-year-old is in size 13 (and still growing)

My son was wearing size 13s by 13 or 14. He is 16 and 6'3"+ and still wearing 13s, thankfully.

My girls have alot of luck with shopping secondhand/Marshalls/TJ Maxx. My son on the other hand is a 29 or 30 waist and 36" inseam, so not so much, at least for pants, lol
  • Everyonelies
    Everyonelies Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Ex dropped off present for my bday on Friday, hadn't seen her for about a month, she was surprised to see me looking "so good". Comments about my appearance were made several times that afternoon.

;)
  • zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    @Everyonelies congrats! very nice
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    migraines are the devil - congratulations on finding a way to be fee of them, that's a huge victory for quality of life
  • dottiedj
    dottiedj Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    dottiedj wrote: »
    Just cleaned out my closet and got rid of those size 12 jeans I bought 2 years and 20 pounds ago!

Wanna mail them to me? 🤣 Just getting into 12s.

Ha! Well, I would but they went to the Goodwill. Congratulations on your success!