TEAM: Run Track Minds (January)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215 or Craig @craigo3154 .

Replies

• cccallahan
    cccallahan Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey y’all! I’m starting a brand new fitness program following Mike Matthews “Thinner, Leaner, Stronger.” Got a detailed diet plan worked out along with a rigorous workout plan. My starting weight is 289 pounds, and my goal for January is to lose 8 pounds, or 2.77% of my total body weight. Let’s do this!!!
  • cccallahan
    cccallahan Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    cccallahan wrote: »
    Hey y’all! I’m starting a brand new fitness program following Mike Matthews “Thinner, Leaner, Stronger.” Got a detailed diet plan worked out along with a rigorous workout plan. My starting weight is 289 pounds, and my goal for January is to lose 8 pounds, or 2.77% of my total body weight. Let’s do this!!!

Correction: Monday morning weigh-in starting weight 12/24/18 291 lbs.

January weight loss goal: 8 pounds; 2.74%
  • Toyota100
    Toyota100 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I will add a pic, so everyone knows who I am. I'm excited to be in this crew. I'm going to be transparent by expressing some of my inner thoughts at times. I also, have a Fitbit if anyone wants to do any group challenges.
    The first weigh in for this challenge is Sunday, December 30th. I want my weight to be accurate starting on that date. I will post my initial weight then.
  • crysleh
    crysleh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi. :) I've been losing for a bit now, but I've been looking for additional sources of motivation to keep on track--so here I am!

If anyone wants to be friends, feel free to add me. I'm always happy to get and give some encouragement!
  • ERIKJ182
    ERIKJ182 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    cccallahan wrote: »

Mike is coming out with new TLS and BLS books the end of Jan or beginning of Feb, that I am super pumped about buying. Its a legit program, i lost 20lbs on it.
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I look forward to losing with you :D
    My SW = 186.7
    GW=140
    Weigh in day Tuesday
  • Happily_Chaotic
    Happily_Chaotic Posts: 44 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hey everyone! My friends call me Dee :)

I was in the best shape of my life back in 2016 then my husband and I decided that we needed to move closer to the Twin Cities since his commute was an hour long(without traffic or weather factors). This was also the first year of my homeschooling our six children. I let the stress of putting our former home up for sale and trying to live a "normal" life eat me alive. I gained every single pound back :( We've been in our new home a little over a year and I think my body is just now recovering from my abusing it :( I've lost 10 lbs since September and I have 30 additional pounds I would love to get rid of! I am done making excuses. My goal for this challenge is 6-8 lbs. I'm so happy to have found this group. Good luck to everyone :)
  • aroze0928
    aroze0928 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone Im Andrea and new to this team. I hope Im on the right team. Im in desperate need of the accountability and hoping to meet new friends. My starting weight is 164 and that leaves me WAY overweight for my height. Im looking forward to start seeing some changes as Ive really let myself go since August. I think I was at 153 and even though that is not a good weight for me either it was better than what Im at now. Currently for exercise Im doing nothing and eating is my sport. Its time to change all that and find my way back to the gym.
    Goodluck everyone!
  • stongersue
    stongersue Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone 👋🏻

I’m Sue... 45yrs old, Ontario girl 🇨🇦, married with kids and all that Jazz 💕💕. I am happy to join this group and get back on track (been off course for over a year 😢). Weight has been my constant battle, I actually quite love working out (CrossFit) and sports. But....love food way too much and it never balances out - thus I find myself with 50-60 lbs to lose... Again. I lost 40 lbs in 2017 through a hard core workout-nutrition program with my gym. I was so proud....like crazy proud...and in way less pain and discomfort (hips). But...slowly I lost my discipline, fell into old habits, and all that weight is back. I have faced the music, and stood on the scale ( omg 😡). Tracking food since Boxing Day and ...ya...I see the problem clearly! Looking forward to supporting each other - here we go!!!

A year from now, we will be glad we started today 💪🏻 🌟
  • lemonginger35
    lemonginger35 Posts: 38 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes
    Calorie Deficit: 1094
    Exercise: Yes, Walking. 8 Km or 6 Km
    Goals or Day: I need to lose 1 Kg per week. I know it is going to be TOUGH esp. since I'm short. But, I am desperate. For this I have to create a deficit of at least 1100 calories per day & workout for all 7 days. Keeping fingers crossed.

How is it going for all of you?
  • stongersue
    stongersue Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good Morning from 🇨🇦 ❄️!!

Here is my first daily post (hope I do this right, let me know if I didn’t!!)

Track: Yes - every day since Dec 26 📝

Calories: Yes (do you want my total weekly total # here? I’ve been tracking since Dec 26 and have been under each day so far)

Exercise: Yes - every day. Walked in the snow yesterday with 🐶 - brrrr! Haven’t done that in a while!!! CrossFit x3 days, walking 30 minutes on non gym days. I’ve decided not to have mfp credit me calories for my fitness. That made a big difference for watching my food closer - and will make a bigger defecit for calories. I do have a Fitbit if anyone wants to do Fitbit challenges 🚶‍♀️

Goals or Day: planning to do meal prepping today to have 3-5 days worth of dinners done ✅ also today is a gym day 🏋️‍♀️

Your weekly weigh in is Wednesday - so no scale today 🎉

** Think of the “After Selfie” !! **
  • tlgale
    tlgale Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    crysleh wrote: »
    Weekly Weigh-In

Username: crysleh
    Week: January Week 1
    PW = 245
    CW= 238

I don't understand how I could have lost that much in a little over a week, but I am using the same scale at the same time of day, and that's what it says. Can it be "water weight," partly? I thought that was only at the beginning, though, and I've been losing for a few months now. Can tracking my calories have made that much of a difference? I'm a little boggled by this.

@crysleh It could be some water weight, you can retain up to a few pounds depending on sodium, sugar or carbs. Also increased exercise can cause your muscles to hold unto water. And tracking calories definitely helps with weight loss!
    Congrats on a great first week!!! :smile:
  • justkris_gettingfit
    Options
    crysleh wrote: »
    Weekly Weigh-In

Username: crysleh
    Week: January Week 1
    PW = 245
    CW= 238

I don't understand how I could have lost that much in a little over a week, but I am using the same scale at the same time of day, and that's what it says. Can it be "water weight," partly? I thought that was only at the beginning, though, and I've been losing for a few months now. Can tracking my calories have made that much of a difference? I'm a little boggled by this.

I step on the scale AT LEAST 3 times before settling for a number. Sometimes I'll get all the same numbers, sometimes I'll get three different ones, and If thats the case, I settle for the most reasonable one, not the one with the most weight lost. Try weighing yourself again tomorrow, and if there's a huge change between today's and tomorrow's, it may be best to invest in a new scale.

On another note, hello again! Back for the new year to finish losing the last 40 pounds of my 100 pound journey I set out to lose for 2018. December got away from me, but I'm focused and ready to kick some *kitten* this year. Plus I'm going on vacation in March to motivate me to stick to it lol
This discussion has been closed.