Team WORKOUT WARRIORS - JANUARY 2019 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Hello warriors!

First off, I’d like to join the January step challenge! I won’t let you down.

I am Meg. I’m 36 with a 7 and 3 year old. I lost more than 30 pounds in 2017. I gained 35 pounds in 2018. I started the year with months of medical issues which are under control now. We lost my mother in law to cancer in May. I started a new position at work in September and in December my 3 year old was diagnosed with juvenile arthritis after some months of testing and of course lots of pain and unhappiness. As you can deduce I handle everything with food and drink. I use stress as an excuse to throw my calorie count and my exercise out the window.

I begin 2019 with a big, clean breath of fresh air. Time to reset and get my butt back in gear. I’m so happy to do it with all of you!

Goals: track water and calories every day.
    2 pounds loss per week.
    6 hours sleep each night. (A big problem for me as I subsist on 4-5 hours which I’m sure contributes to weight gain).

• Gutcutter500
    Gutcutter500 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Meg I am with you regarding sleep. If I go to bed before midnight I consider it early. But I have been like this all my life. I do find now that I am a bit older that I will sometimes try to go to bed by 11 pm, but that is certainly the exception and not the rule. Good luck in your journey.
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    melissafeagins
    Week1
    SW:169.8
    CW: 173.1

• melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I am not happy about my gain, but I know that it is because I ate something that was cross-contaminated with gluten yesterday. Not enough to send me to the hospital, but enough for a wicked headache and bloating. I'm going to have a tough day today, but I am not going to let it derail me.
  • Mechell15
    Mechell15 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi guys I will be cheering you guys on this month!! My goals for 2019 is to do better on my halfs I have done 44 and hope to cute some time off. Also to drop some of this weight. Hope you guys have a great Monday!😀😀😀
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join the step challenge.

Happy NYE team!!! Heading home on the train today from visiting my cousin. Back to normal tomorrow!!!
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Good morning Team Warriors,

I am Kelly, Mom of three sons (24, 20, 25) and wife to the most amazing man. I started my healthy life style journey in 11/2016 managed to lose 72lbs over the year... then life happened, being an emotional eater I ate through the hard times and welp, I have put back on nearly 40lbs. NO better time than the New Year to recommit to the Healthy Lifestyle. I have been sick since Christmas morning and eating my face off. Still not feeling well at the moment, but no more excuses, I need to get back at it. I usually eat Keto, but right now I am going to do a version of dirty keto and focus more on getting back to basics. Portion control and exercise. I am going to jump on the scale in the morning to enter my start weight for 2019. Its not going to be pretty but I will own it!

We can do this Warriors!!!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Meg I am with you regarding sleep. If I go to bed before midnight I consider it early. But I have been like this all my life. I do find now that I am a bit older that I will sometimes try to go to bed by 11 pm, but that is certainly the exception and not the rule. Good luck in your journey.

Thanks :) I don’t think that I feel any negative effects of too little sleep but I’m sure it’s impacting me in ways I can’t pinpoint. My alarm goes off at 6 and I usually go to sleep around 1am. But I have read a bit about lack of sleep hindering weight loss so I’m going to try to get to sleep by midnight at the latest.
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    megnolia82 wrote: »

Thanks :) I don’t think that I feel any negative effects of too little sleep but I’m sure it’s impacting me in ways I can’t pinpoint. My alarm goes off at 6 and I usually go to sleep around 1am. But I have read a bit about lack of sleep hindering weight loss so I’m going to try to get to sleep by midnight at the latest.

I personally noticed that i loose more weight the days I get 8 hours sleep verses my usual 6.I know it is hard during the week but even if on the weekends you can manage to push a little more do it!!

I like to think weight loss success is due to four essential points;
    1. nutrition
    2. exercise
    3. mentality/stress relief
    4. sleep

You manage to get these 4 points in order, you will loose weight faster and will keep it off longer. If you are having a difficult day and one of these points is not dealt with properly, I find it turns into a domino effect
  • iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    iamworthy14
    weigh in day Mondays
    Week 1
    SW 160.4
    CW 162.0
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    As I normally do at this time of the year, I have put together my 2019 goals. I don't make resolutions I simply put some goals down in writing and do my best to meet them through out the year. I have self love goals, financial goals and health & fitness goals. I won't bore you with the first two goals but wanted to put out my Health & Fitness goals for accountability.

Health & Fitness
    Back to basics
    Portion control
    80/20
    Eat to fuel your body, to fight illness and disease, not to satisfy your emotions or mood at that given moment. Enjoy in the "forbidden" foods within moderation without guilt.
    Take a walk, go to Zumba, hit the treadmill at least a few times a week.

Note to self: Seriously, JUST DO IT!! <3 2019 Goals <3
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
  • Navydaddjtc
    edited December 2018
    Options
    WORKOUT WARRIORS NOW HEAR THIS
    MY GOALS WILL FOR 2019 WILL NOT BE LOFTY....THEY WILL BE SIMPLISTIC ( ONE OF MY GOALS IS TO MATCH @boehle AND @Beka3695 STEP FOR STEP IN THEIR TRAINING FOR ROAD RACES THEY WILL RUN IT I WILL WALK IT SO BRING IT LADIES) .....THEY WILL BE ATTAINABLE FOR ME.....I WILL NOT SURRENDER TO THIS WEIGHT PROBLEM. I WILL FIGHT IT WITH EVERYTHING I CAN...MY MEDICAL TEAM...MY NUTRITIONIST....MY FAMILY.....AND MY TEAM OF WARRIORS
    I WILL DRAW MY INSPIRATION FROM MY TEAM MATES...... I WILL PUSH MY SELF WITHIN THE LIMITS OF THIS BODY AND IT'S PHYSICAL LIMITATIONS..... I WILL NOT SURRENDER....I WILL NOT QUIT ON YOU MY TEAM MATES...
    IT IS
    ndixqmrxt2eg.png

IN 2019 I WILL NOT LET YOU SIT BACK ON YOUR LAURELS AND QUIT....I WILL PUSH AND CHALLENGE EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU...IF YOUR RUNNER AND IN TRAINING FOR A 3.5.10.15.25. K OR WHATEVER I AM GOING TO PUSH AND CHALLENGE YOU FOR THAT EXTRA MILE.....IF YOUR INTO WEIGHT LIFTING I AM GOING TO PUSH AND CHALLENGE YOU FOR ANOTHER SET OR INCREASE YOUR REPS.....IF YOUR A CARDIO/STEPPING FANATIC LIKE ME I AM GOING TO PUSH AND CHALLENGE US TO ANOTHER 5,000 STEPS OR INCREASE YOUR HEART BEAT......
    YOU DON'T GET TO QUIT ON ME AND THE TEAM IN 2019
    YOU HAD BEST
    8crphvodrcxv.png

WHAT'S IN YOUR PLAN FOR 2019 .....
    lamrcwob4hqa.png

• Navydaddjtc
    edited December 2018
    Options
    THIS IS @boehle AND @Beka3695 TRAINING ROSTER....I AM GOING TO FOLLOW IT ON MY DAILY COMBAT WALK RUN WALK AND I WILL INCREASE THE INCLINE AS i GO. REMEMBER I SAID GOALS THAT I CAN ACHIEVE THIS IS VERY DOABLE FOR ME.
    arjfl6c6km8m.png
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    THIS IS @boehle AND @Beka3695 TRAINING ROSTER....I AM GOING TO FOLLOW IT ON MY DAILY COMBAT WALK RUN WALK AND I WILL INCREASE THE INCLINE AS i GO. REMEMBER I SAID GOALS THAT I CAN ACHIEVE THIS IS VERY DOABLE FOR ME.
    arjfl6c6km8m.png

Thanks for sharing...I might just attempt this!!
  • maithileesj
    maithileesj Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Username: maithileesj
    Weigh in week:
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Current Weight: 136.9

I'm Maithilee, from Mumbai, India. I will turn 40 this week. And I feel younger, stronger, fitter and slimmer than I did when I turned 30. A large part of the thanks is due to MFP and the F2F WLC family here that I joined in June 2016. I've lost ten kilos, ie 22 lb, and over 30 inches since then, lowering my body fat percentage from 36% to 26%

I changed my eating pattern to low carb, bordering on keto, almost a year ago and it has made a HUGE difference to my health. I'm now a fitness coach in addition to my day job in business consulting.

Goals for January:
    1. Get back to being regular at the gym, lifting weights
    2. Practise IF for at least a week, ideally two, this month
    3. Protect my sleep time, get at least 7-8 hours of shuteye every night

@Navydaddjtc Praying that all goes well for your family.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    HEY GUYS LET'S NOT FORGET WE STILL HAVE TO WEIGH TODAY.....
    murrell007
    xrsize4dad
    chardonais21
    iamworthy14
  • alc649
    alc649 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Hey warriors! December was a bust for me. This year is going to be the year! Starting Keto tomorrow and exercising. Ready to do it!
This discussion has been closed.