Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,135 Member
    Options
    Wednesday weigh-ins still to come in:
    @Karenesg
    @kkmark
    @offitgoes

And if anyone is interested in being either co-captain or motivator, we have positions open! The description of duties is on the first page of the Captain's Lounge discussion. I am happy to continue to keep up the spreadsheet and encourage everyone to keep on going. I'd love some help with challenges and general sass and attitude!
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Offitgoes
    Week 3
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW: 179.6
    CW: 179.8
  • jugar
    Options
    offitgoes wrote: »
    Offitgoes
    Week 3
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW: 179.6
    CW: 179.8

POSTED! Stop on by for encouragement and ideas - check out the challenges, and post some more messages - it all helps get things moving. You can do this!!
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Username: karenesg
    Weigh in week: January, Week 3
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous week’s weight: 187
    Todays weight: 187
  • Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong
    Options
    Good Morning, Team! What’s your choice today??

4o1at7x07fgc.png
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    I like that poster @Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong

@jugar, I wish I could help out with this group, it is a really good one, I am personally swamped right now.

I am having a pretty good week, I seem to be consolidating the weight losses I have made. I report a trended weight because I fluctuate a lot, especially after the injury.

Overate somewhat yesterday relative to normal, but right back on it today, and intend to bring my calories in under my weekly deficit goal.

Thanks for your support and have a great rest of the week everyone.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options

4o1at7x07fgc.png

Bad *kitten* all day, Everyday!!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    I like that poster @Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong

@jugar, I wish I could help out with this group, it is a really good one, I am personally swamped right now.

I am having a pretty good week, I seem to be consolidating the weight losses I have made. I report a trended weight because I fluctuate a lot, especially after the injury.

Overate somewhat yesterday relative to normal, but right back on it today, and intend to bring my calories in under my weekly deficit goal.

Thanks for your support and have a great rest of the week everyone.

Andrea thanks for even considering helping out. I know how hard you work in these groups and how much time and care you put into them. I hope you are feeling better since your injury and that you are recovering as you should.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    karenesg wrote: »

Posted! Good job maintaining!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    jugar wrote: »

And if anyone is interested in being either co-captain or motivator, we have positions open! The description of duties is on the first page of the Captain's Lounge discussion. I am happy to continue to keep up the spreadsheet and encourage everyone to keep on going. I'd love some help with challenges and general sass and attitude!

I am here to help out as much as I can until someone can step up to co captain with you.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Just because I haven't in a while .... I got going on my mini-trampoline .... switched over to a Netflix documentary ... when that was done, switched back and "spent my accumulated points". 13988 steps / 308 calories / 91 minutes later .......on top of the 166 calories from my two 7 minute HIIT sessions ..... and it is almost too late for an evening snack ....

That's such a great way to keep from getting bored while working out!! well done! great job with those workouts and amazing burn!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    I had a rather terrible eating day today - long car trip and indulgences in sweet stuff. The week 3 challenge to watch a video about fasting was well timed! I think I will try some fasting to make up for stuffing myself today.

I saw the challenge and have meant to go watch the video but I haven't had a chance to yet. I do >IF> and just make it work as best I can with my schedule.
    I am currently doing 16:8 which sometimes goes up to 18:6 or in between and every friday i do a full 24 hour fast. I make sure i eat healthy foods but the occasional sweet makes its way into my mouth. I cant be perfect right. anyways it works for me. so far this week ive managed to maintain my loss from last week. fingers crossed i can continue to maintain or come in with a loss by saturday.
  • jugar
    Options
    karenesg wrote: »

POSTED! Hang in there!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    orngnerdz wrote: »
    I am officially stepping down as team captain as I just have too much on my plate at the moment to do this job justice. I will also be leaving the challenge for the time being and hope to rejoin later in the spring. Good luck and best wishes to everyone, feel free to add me as a friend to keep in touch. <3

I am sorry to see you have to step down. please know we will be here when you are ready to come back. wishing you all the best.
  • jugar
    edited January 2019
    Options

4o1at7x07fgc.png

I love this one - let's all get our a$$es in gear today! Post your stories about how you did this, everyone. We could all use the encouragement, laughs, and great examples. B)
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    jan110144 wrote: »
    My new fitbit is due to arrive today. I post my watch (took it off at the pool and left it AGAIN). So decided to get a waterproof fitbit to solve that problem. Will be interesting to track some additional health and fitness data.

Yay a new fitness toy!!
  • jugar
    Options
    Thanks @mari_moulin and @Andreabroadley ! I know you already work super hard, and your posts are always anticipated with glee.
  • mari_moulin
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @mari_moulin I can be a part of the step challenge, I have a Fitbit. Tell me how to sign up 😁
    @mari_moulin I can be a part of the step challenge, I have a Fitbit. Tell me how to sign up 😁

I have a Fitbit too so I can join. I'm also doing Run the Year 2019. So this will work well with that. Just don't know where to sign up for the step challenge here.

Im sorry I got to this so late but you can still join!! If you haven't already done so, go to the link below and add your team, your username, and all the steps you can provide dating back to the beginning of the month. If you can only give this week then that's ok as well. anything helps!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10714714/january-2019-step-challenge#latest

@Andreabroadley - If you want to join the step challenge again I will need all your numbers as I had already taken you out for the month. It doesn't matter how little steps you have. anything will help the team.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,403 Member
    Options
    A breakfast idea I spotted and want to try (copied to my wall so I can find it again!)

If you have a rice cooker with a brown rice or porridge function, it makes great steel cut oats. You can do it in an instant pot as well. I add some cinnamon, dried cranberries, chopped apples and pecans or walnuts to mine. I put them into mini loaf pans and freeze, then put them in sandwich bags for individual portions. 2 minutes in the microwave heats them up.

I also bought a new toy last night .... a digital scale that can register from 1 gm => 11 kgs. I can also "zero the scale" after putting a plate or container on it (LOVE that!)

AND it has 3 "mode settings" for:
    • weight (units can be oz or gms)
    • fl oz - water
    • fl oz - milk

Soooo one could put a mug on the scale, zero it and set mode to "water" for how many fl oz black coffee or tea; zero again, and set mode to "milk" to see how many fl oz milk / cream you added ....

or if one used hot milk as a base for the instant hot chocolate ...
This discussion has been closed.