TEAM WAISTAWAYS JANUARY 2019 TEAM CHAT

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,228 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @BMcC9 - thanks for the info!

@evangsimmons170 I think that the above answer makes it pretty clear that you have some choices. I'm happy just to post the same weight as last week so you don't need to worry about it, OR you can move over to the non-weighing Cheer Squad and stay here for the postings, challenges, and company. So let us know and it shall be done!

@jugar I want to stay on this team and do not want to be moved to a non-weighing team. Since I didn't prearrange my skip this week, here's my info ..

User = evangsimmons170
    Week = 2
    Weigh-in Day = Monday
    Previous Weight = 347.4
    Current Weight = 353.4

You are brave and wonderful. This is now posted and I am so inspired by your team spirit - you will get there!
  • jugar
    Options
    nicole3921 wrote: »
    Nicole3921
    Week 2
    Wednesday
    Pw: 171
    Cw: 172

POSTED! Yes, these happen. I fluctuate a pound in a day sometimes - just stick with the plan, and the trend will be exactly what you want over time. I think our scales are too sensitive! It's like my metronome when I am practicing. Somehow it always speeds up during the really hard passages...
  • jugar
    Options
    psssst -- um @mari_moulin ? Are you resting?

the rest of us? are we tracking, moving our bodies, and being awesome?
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Username: Offitgoes
    Weigh in week: week 2
    Weigh in day: Wed
    Last Week: 179.6 lbs
    Today: 179.6 lbs
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    psssst -- um @mari_moulin ? Are you resting?

the rest of us? are we tracking, moving our bodies, and being awesome?

Yup still resting but was incredibly tempted to go to boot camp with my girlfriends. I’m listening to my body and not my heart today!!
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hello everyone listen sorry I can’t really walk much given them my shoulder problem so I have to drop out of the step challenge. I only had about 2500 steps yesterday anyway. I can barely move right now.

Sorry to hear you still aren’t doing well Andrea. Don’t worry about the stepping challenge, your recovery is much more important. I do hope you get some relief real soon GF. Sending you all my love.

Thanks Mari very much.. As I have been going through this I’ve been thinking “what would Mari do in this situation”.. It’s helped me to not eat emotionally right now, so THANKS! Love back ay you!
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    jan110144 wrote: »
    @evangsimmons170 Good for you! Remember that those fluid retention gains go away as quickly as they come.

One of the reasons I switched from weighing weekly to weighing in daily was because it desensitized me to those overnight "gains". I used to get so discouraged when that happened. Weighing daily, I knew that I had not over-eaten (or at least not by 3500 calories!). Or worse yet, had been very "good" the day before and done a killer workout at the gym, only to be up a pound and a half the next day! Eventually. Now, I just shake my headband move on

I totally agree, jan110144. Weighing daily keeps me honest and focused. And is a daily reminder that it's the overall trend and the new healthier lifestyle I'm creating that's important. The perfect way to start the day.

nichole3921, heavy lifting = increased STRENGTH... and that is good!

Keep up the good work everyone B)
  • jugar
    Options
    karenesg wrote: »
    Username: karenesg
    Weigh in week: January, Week 2
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous week’s weight: 188
    Today's weight: 187

Can I just say: YAY ME!!

POSTED! Now you can say an OFFICIAL YAY ME!!! Great week <3
  • jugar
    Options
    what a great snowshoe expedition today! New snow, lots of deer tracks - I'll post a picture later. Then I came in to do a 30 minute core workout. Channelling you, @mari_moulin and all the other workout monsters!

Shower, hot, here I come!
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Kkmark
    Week 2 january
    Pw 161.9
    Cw 161.2
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    karenesg wrote: »
    Username: karenesg
    Weigh in week: January, Week 2
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous week’s weight: 188
    Today's weight: 187

Can I just say: YAY ME!!

Yes you can!!
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Brrrrr! It was 25 degrees colder here than yesterday!!

Despite the cold, had a really relaxing stretch day in the pool this morning followed by a super lesson on the horse this afternoon (indoor ring). Being able to continue doing what I love to do makes our Midwest winters bearable.
  • jugar
    Options
    kkmark wrote: »
    Kkmark
    Week 2 january
    Pw 161.9
    Cw 161.2

POSTED! Way to go -- keep it up!
  • jugar
    Options
    offitgoes wrote: »
    Username: Offitgoes
    Weigh in week: week 2
    Weigh in day: Wed
    Last Week: 179.6 lbs
    Today: 179.6 lbs

POSTED! Steady it goes - I'm sure it will soon start to waist away for you!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Just me and the deer today - fabulous snowshoe trek in our woods.
    fvokn9i3spr0.jpg

Beautiful pic, @jugar! I don't know where you are but I guess I won't complain about the 60s here in Texas! Lol
  • Blackbeautysue
    Blackbeautysue Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Weigh in week 2
    Weigh in day - thurs

PW - 229
    CW - 228.2

It’s coming off slowly
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    But it IS coming off! Well done!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    The 7-minute HIIT before work is continuing to fit well with my (a'hem) "more mindfull workday morning routine" ...... as in not cracking open the book-I've-never-read-before beside the morning coffee, and losing track of time ....
This discussion has been closed.