jugar Posts: 10,228 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Username: Micki48
    Weigh in week: January, Week 3
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous week’s weight: 214.7
    Todays weight: 213.6

POSTED! SO close to a pound. You can call it a pound. Picture that pound of butter... Go!
  • jugar
    Options
    I am enjoying the recent challenges - the week 3 exploration of intermittent fasting got me to give it a try. I just did 2 days of 16:8, and decided to ease into a bit more. I ate too few calories the first day, too many the second, and felt exhausted after eating. It is true that I had a ton of energy before eating, though - so I'll keep at it starting Monday and see if I can get used to it and adjust what I eat to see if the useless, floppy, tired feeling goes away.

And this week yoga. Yay. I really need to remember to do more than just downward facing dog - it's my fave.

And the 20 questions from Mari - here is my answer for today.

12. When do I prefer to work out? This has been a struggle for me and I have found happiness by giving up! When I was working and had the gym in the next building, I went before work most days so that I could have my shower. But on days I worked from home, or now that I am retired, it is harder to stick to a schedule. The first few months I started working out at home I was on a 6 month leave, my husband had 2 knee replacement surgeries, and I had to take my son to high school every day. My weight had really ballooned up and I finally could work out in privacy - I was NOT ready for a gym yet. I tried to set a schedule, but finally settled on getting it done by the time I had to make supper. Any time was OK, as long as it was done by then. Supper was late some days. Now I generally work out in the afternoon, but while trying intermittent fasting, I want to fit it in before my first meal and see how that goes. So, the short answer is no preference. Just get it done. Outdoor workouts (snowshoeing these days) obviously are before dark, which is pretty early here. Everything else is when I get to it. NO shower until it's earned, so feeling grubby is a great inspiration to get my butt in gear!
  • jugar
    Options
    jan110144 wrote: »
    Our much touted snow storm seems to have fizzled. So, no excuse for staying at home. Off to the gym shortly.

Now, if they would just be wrong about the frigid temps on the way. Goodness, but I really don't like January and February.

So sad! January and February are amazing! Take your mare for a gallop in the snow - my guys are crazy for that, and it is a great workout for them. If they get too carried away it's easy to slow them down! Deep snow has its uses...
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be off screen the last couple of days. Steps not big right now, but hopefully over next couple of days will ramp back up.

To that end I will answer question 11.

11. What is your favorite workout attire?

When I go to my HIIT class I wear a set of really good compression tights. I look a bit ridiculous in them, but they seem to really make a difference for the leg pain afterwards. I wear them for an hour or two afterwards as well.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Oooops ... got distracted with some chores and it seems like the snow was just taking its time. So, no gym afterall. Will spend the day cleaning and going through closets and drawers.
  • jan110144
    Options
    Questions

Taking a house cleaning break

1. What was the best workout move you’ve ever done? And the worst?
    Best: I love the rowing machine for a great, full-body aerobic workout.
    Worst: Anything that involves weights above my shoulder (after 2 rotator cuff surgeries, I no longer try)
    2. What’s the best recipe you’ve EVER made?
    Doesn't exactly count as a recipe, but Dannon LIght 'N Fit Greek Yogurt, Vanilla Whey Protein Isolate, and
    chopped walnuts. Can also add fresh fruit of choice. Very flexible, as you can vary amount of whey, walnuts,
    and/or fruit to adjust calories as needed. Works for snack or for a meal.
    3. What’s the most recent diet/plan you've been following?
    Calorie deficit. Lets me eat whatever I want and adjust as needed to meet daily goals. Do try to get around 130g
    of protein, 150 carbs, and 70 Fats, more or less.
    4. Tell us about your first ever Gym day.
    Don't remember it>
    5. What’s your favorite place to workout? Why?
    The barn. Riding dressage at the upper levels is a great workout and incredibly rewarding. The gym workouts I
    do are done in order to support my progression on the horse.
    6. Share with us a fun woukout experience you’ve had recently.
    Working on flying changes and canter and trot zigzags in preparation for showing this summer.
    7. What is your favorite workout song.
    Don't have one.
    8. How long have you been with our F2F group?
    Since October
    9. What’s your favorite sport or physical activity?
    Broken record --- riding.
    10. What’s your favorite healthy dish to cook for friends? For just you?
    Roast pork with roasted veggie. Ditto for me.
    11. What is your favorite workout attire?
    Boots and breeches, or yoga pants and T-shirt, or swimsuit depending on what I am doing.
    12. When/what time do you prefer to workout?
    When it is cold out, I go to the gym in the morning and ride in the afternoon. In the summer, I reverse the order
    so I am not working the horse in the heat of the ay.
    13. What’s your morning ritual like?|
    Mornings are the best part of being retired. No rushing to get anywhere. I normally drink coffee, catch up on
    MFP groups, pre-plan meals for the day, and then eat breakfast.
    14. How do you get your workout in on a rainy day?
    No problem: gym, indoor pool, and indoor riding ring. Works regardless of the weather (exception being too
    much snow to get to the barn or too cold to ride)
    15. Can you share one quote or saying you love, that keeps you going?
    “Without self-discipline, success is impossible, period.” – Lou Holtz
    No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill
    16. Which person in your life do you most admire? Why?
    My friend Nancy who is unfailingly kind to all, even when there are reasons to be otherwise.
    17. If you could go back in time and change history, what would you change? Why?
    I would not go back. I would like to change today into a world in which we look for shared values and work
    toward solutions instead of standing on the poles and refusing to budge. I still believe we share more than we
    think we do and are being divided by either/or thinking instead of looking for common ground.
    18. What would you do in life if you knew you couldn’t fail?
    Nothing. I am of an age that the prospect of failure is not as threatening as the fear of becoming stagnant.
    19. Group workouts or workout on your own?
    The nature of the things I do tend to focus on individual workouts. That said, I enjoy sharing common
    experiences with others who are pursuing similar goals.
    20. What would you tell your past self knowing what you know now?
  • me_jello
    me_jello Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Me_jello
    Week 3
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW:176.8
    Cw: 174
  • jan110144
    Options
    me_jello wrote: »
    Me_jello
    Week 3
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW:176.8
    Cw: 174

Good job!!
  • Andreabroadley
    Options
    Andreabroadley
    Week 3
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW:177.5
    Cw: 174.3

I think there is a lot of water loss here from the cortisone shot I had 10 days ago.
  • jan110144
    Options
    Andreabroadley
    Week 3
    Weigh in day Sunday

I think there is a lot of water loss here from the cortisone shot I had 10 days ago.

Still ... nice to see!!
  • jugar
    Options
    Andreabroadley
    Week 3
    Weigh in day Sunday

POSTED! Take those losses any way you can get them o:) Maybe I got your water loss - I'm up a half pound...

So week 4 is officially underway -- and we are all trying to get under what we weigh! (sorry for the sad Navy joke, @Navydaddjtc . At least I didn't use the word "anchor")
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
  • jugar
    Options
    OK, I thought my snowshoeing was going so well - my circuit was taking me less time (it is very hilly and HARD), and I was pretty impressed with myself. Then today. Almost 2 feet of new snow. I made it about half way in an hour, and usually do the whole trek in an hour after the trail gets more or less packed. More packing tomorrow, and the next day...

Foam rolling felt really, really good.
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    1. What was the best workout move you’ve ever done? And the worst?

Best: I love my treadmill, I find listening to my music relaxing. Worse-I still have to be careful of my head because of brain surgery.

2. What’s the best recipe you’ve EVER made?

3. What’s the most recent diet/plan you've been following
    I always watch my sodium and sugar levels, I try to eat healthy.

5. What’s your favorite place to workout? Why?
    Outdoors, I enjoy walking. Any weather conditions.

7. What is your favorite workout song. Don't have one. I like any type of music.

I am getting there.

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Jan 20: 13110 steps in 1hr:21 minutes (PB for a daily total in MONTHS - has already been reported on the Step Challenge thread)

I spent an hour "jogging around London" on the mini-trampoline, which was further stretched by an extra 21 minutes "spending accumulated exergame points" earned while jogging around London for an hour .... I was on some of those VERY STRETCHES OF PAVEMENT last June!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    rttayww2zjx3.png

So what are YOU going to do differently (or more of) this week?
  • Andreabroadley
    Options
    My shoulder is feeling quite good so I’m hoping to get back to HIIT this week, and take my stepping back up to a more normal level.
  • Andreabroadley
    edited January 2019
    Options
    A really good recipe for vegan minestrone, I estimate at 250 cals per serving. Ingredients in the picture attached below. Serves 6 easily.

Sauté the onions carrots and celery together for about 3 to 5 minutes.

Add the potato rosemary garlic pepper flakes and bay leaf and cook for another 30 seconds

Add the tomatoes and the lentils and give it another 30 seconds

Add in all the broth and let it come to a simmer. Cook another 15 minutes..

Add the pasta and cabbage - or if using kale add it in the next step instead, and cook until everything is properly done.

At the end, put in the kale and cook for another two minutes

Add the vinegar in the lemon juice, stir well and remove from the heat. Fold in the parsley and basil And let the pot sit for a minute or two.

Serves six easily, I ate about 3/4 serving. Very yummy and filling.

From Thug Kitchen.
  • jan110144
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    rttayww2zjx3.png

So what are YOU going to do differently (or more of) this week?

Actually started today. I am doing intervals (1x2) on the rowing machine. Today I did a 10 min warm-up and 10 minutes if intervals. Want to end up doing a 3 min warmup and 17 min of intervals.
  • jan110144
    Options
    Jan110144
    Week 4 weigh-in
    PW -,138.5
    Cw - 136.7

Pleasantly surprised. 1.7 to go!!
This discussion has been closed.